Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs Brighton | Sat 10th Jan 2015 | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions,News & Views

Comments

• Brighton win and the sack for Bob.
  • If we still have Jackson & Buyens as our CM pairing we'll be lucky to get any sort of result, whoever is up front. Especially with Cousins as a left-winger, which Bob seems to like. Our midfield should be built around Gudmundsson, he's different class, and is wasted out on the right. Cousins is a good DM,or he used to be when he partnered Stephens in midfield. Whether or not he still is, considering how he's been messed around, remains to be seen. The same applies to Wilson, who has been messed around and now looks half the player he was last season, otherwise he'd be an automatic choice wide right. In the absence of a natural wide left player Jacko could do a job there.
  • Don't like to think this way, but I agree with the Red Robin. I believe it's win or be sacked for Bob
  • edited January 2015
    Charlton crush Brighton 2 - 1 and Watt is the new Melrose.

Bob is a tactical genius again and the coffee tastes good.

The new VOTV is lauded by one and all.
  • I cannot see why people are thinking Peeters will/should get the bullet if we lose Saturday.

We are on a bad run, the football is not great, give the guy time(and his players this January window).

Continuity brings success not a new manager every bloody season.
  • Saturday's match will see ticket prices slashed to just £1 for U11s.

The ‘Kids for a quid’ promotion, that will be available for both home and away fans, will also see U18s prices drop to just £5 in any area.

The clash with Brighton has been classified as an Addicks Gold contest with Adult tickets starting at just £19 for Adults.

Depending on what zone supporters sit in tickets for the match are priced at £35, £32, £28, £24 or £19 for adults and £26, £24, £19, £17 or £15 for concessions and U21s.

Disabled adults can purchase tickets for £25, £22 or £19, disabled over 60s and U21s for £19, £16 and £13 while adult wheelchair users can buy tickets for £19 – a price that includes a free helper.
    With a higher demand expected than usual, supporters hoping to use Valley Express will need to book their place at the same time as they purchase a match ticket or already be a Red Card member or season ticket holder.
    Meanwhile the British Transport Police have informed the club that they anticipate widespread rail problems ahead of Saturday’s clash with Brighton & Hove Albion.

There will be no trains running to or from Charlton from London Bridge, London Charing Cross or London Cannon Street on Saturday and those who usually travel to The Valley by train may need to seek an alternative route.

Trains from the above stations will now also not be running to Lewisham but there will be a rail replacement bus service running from Lewisham Station to Charlton.

Two trains per hour at 05 and 35 minutes past the hour will run between London Victoria and Charlton with a journey time of around 25 minutes.

There will be trains from Blackfriars to Charlton at 20 minutes and 50 minutes past the hour calling at Lewisham and Blackheath with a journey time of around 25 minutes.

Meanwhile, replacement buses will run between Haywards Heath and Brighton/Lewes and the Bedford to Brighton services will not run between Haywards Heath and Brighton. London Bridge to Brighton services will not run and replacement buses will run between Three Bridges/Haywards Heath and Brighton.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/bob-peeters-stephen-henderson-brighton-2191025.aspx#iYXhrZQcd6IlTP5f.99
  • If we still have Jackson & Buyens as our CM pairing we'll be lucky to get any sort of result, whoever is up front. Especially with Cousins as a left-winger, which Bob seems to like. Our midfield should be built around Gudmundsson, he's different class, and is wasted out on the right. Cousins is a good DM,or he used to be when he partnered Stephens in midfield. Whether or not he still is, considering how he's been messed around, remains to be seen. The same applies to Wilson, who has been messed around and now looks half the player he was last season, otherwise he'd be an automatic choice wide right. In the absence of a natural wide left player Jacko could do a job there.

Good news for you, Buyens will not playing due to red card last week.
  • A nervous 5-0 win.
  • Is Watt going to start do we think?

Will be all over him for first goalscorer and anytime goalscorer if so
  • Addicks to win 2-0..... as things stand, unless my Dr says otherwise tomorrow, I'll be back doing the match thread on Saturday....I really hope I can do it...I'm looking forward to being back after such a long lay-off......but at least I'm alive so I'm not complaining.....hope to see you on here on Saturday...COYR's

Pleased to hear you are on the mend. I only attend home games and avidly follow your match threads for away games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cool RedMid. Get well.
  • Happy Seasiders, bored Londoners.
  • Depends largely on who is fit I think, new manager syndrome for them but hopefully it's not enough, battling performance from us and a home win, peeters safe for now.
  • Bad feeling about this. Chris Hughton is a good manager, would like to see him manage us one day. Plus despite needing reinforcements we've only signed Watt and a keeper who won't be ready to be chucked straight in.

Still lacking at left back and a centre midfield.
  • I can't see it going well. Hope for the best prepare for the worst.
  • Etheridge
    Solly Bikey TBH Fox
    Wilson Cousins Jacko
    JBG Tucudean Igor
    4-3-3
    Bob won't throw Watt straight in, and Moussa starting 2-3 months after being is very fanciful thinking. No chance
  • Brighton winning their last 2 games and having a new manager has slightly changed my mind from a 1-0 addicks win to a 1-1 draw.
  • Having hideous flashbacks of when Poyet's BHA came to us and thumped us 4-0.

A performance like Cardiff and it'll be a good game
    1-2 BHA
  • 0-2 to the most northern team in england (according to dale stevens)
  • Oh dear I don't have high hopes for this one as Brighton have a new manager and appear to have found a bit of form unlike us who are on the slide. Never mind I'll go for (another) 1-1 draw.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc4life said:

0-2 to the most northern team in england (according to dale stevens)

Can you spell his name right please... Dont want his lack of navigation sense being associated with my own surname branch of Stevens when he should be with the Stephens ;)
  • Big_Bob said:

Etheridge
    Solly Bikey TBH Fox
    Wilson Cousins Jacko
    JBG Tucudean Igor
    4-3-3
    Bob won't throw Watt straight in, and Moussa starting 2-3 months after being is very fanciful thinking. No chance

This is our best possible line up given injuries and suspensions and it looks very weak.
  • edited January 2015
    BBC Preview: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30663310
    New Manager syndrome, improving side, injured players coming back. Have a bad feeling about this one. But still 2-1 to us!
  • A game of two halves between two teams that will be looking to get points. This could go either way. I'm not one to sit on the fence so I can see a Charlton win. On the other hand, Brighton could come good, but I would not rule out a draw in this one.
  • Think we are in disarray with injuries, suspensions, players in the huff (allegedly). Brighton have new manager bounce. Think it will be a long afternoon and a defeat. But I've been wrong before........
  • 2-0
    Watt watt
  • 1 - 1 normal service resumed
  • Hopefully our new striking partnership clicks straight away and a resounding 4-0 home win ;-)
  • Brighton have won their last 2 away games in London 2-0 and i cant see things changing here. 2-0 to Brighton.
  • Brighton have won their last 2 away games in London 2-0 and i cant see things changing here. 2-0 to Brighton.

Hope not but things usually don't go well when they do those ticket promotions, that and the fact that Brighton have a new manager means it will probably end in tears....I'll go for a 2-2 draw though....also it will be our best crowd of the season so far....21-22,000.