Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs Blackburn | Sat 3rd Jan 2015 | FA Cup 3rd Round| Match Preview, Predictions,News & Views

Comments

• edited January 2015
    RedChaser said:

Good man, I did all the games on the cup run last year maybe because it's cheaper for me these days but the further we got against all the odds at Udders and the Wendies I thought our name could be on this! Then as always our team never failed to dissappoint :-( Still another year another opportunity COYRs!

a CAFC fan with a backbone, Love your spirit.

When we get drawn at home to Man United in the quarter final,
    how about VIP/Valley gold/season tickets go second after anyone who go's today.
    95% will be at least one of the above.

What will the score be today ?

Blackburn to declare after 80 minutes. (FFS sam make your mind up !)

• I should be alright if we get through and tickets become an issue, I'm a season ticket holder with at least half a dozen aways to my name plus Watford this season. Don't do predictions on my team but blind faith, call it what you want, I'm always hopeful .;-)
  • 4 tickets brought just now.Be good to see a couple of the old faces,but Cup run ? cant see it.
  • What's wrong with you all? The team we support is playing in the FA cup and some people don't want to go, not great support is it for our team, last year we were one game from Wembley!
  • Tempted to wait for team news before heading over.

• Just very grateful to be on the other side the world for this one.

• Any inside info, bolloxbolder etc?
  • I bought tickets for my son and three of my grandsons last Saturday, at the same time as I bought my Ipswich ticket.

I had no illusions about our chances at Ipswich and do not go to this match with any more certainty, but as most of us have found over the years, when Charlton are involved, you can always be surprised. How much less interesting it must be, to be one of the "new-found bravehearts" that follow the likes of Chelsea or Manchester City, who usually go away from a match unsurprised at a win.

Come on you Addicks !
  • I want us to spank them. It's the only game I'll see this season. And my record of charlton games seen when over here previously is good, so I'm hoping for that to continue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Was half hoping to oversleep after a late drinking session last night!! Alas, I am awake and have no excuse. See you at the valley people!
  • 3-2 home win
  • Igor is very likely to be rested for this one, so difficult to see much in the way if a goal threat from us. I expect Blackburn to win this by a couple of goals but, as ever, we travel in hope.

Will be keeping an eye on the Fulham v Wolves score as, if we do go out, I really hope that Wolves lose as well, so the Molyneux game is on 24 January (as opposed to a perishingly cold Tuesday night).
  • I was genuinely considering it, saw Church in the line up, I am staying at home.

Cue a Church hat trick.
  • Our bench is a crèche
  • Told you Church would start ;)
  • Church/George together up front. Don't think I could hack 90 minutes of watching that.
  • Anyway of finding out the percentage make up of all ticket sales for the FA Cup to the over 60s ? it's a generational thing this competition which seems to mean so much more to the silver tops than for example ,by comparison , getting into the play offs or the Champions League qualifying places .
  • ashley said:

Anyway of finding out the percentage make up of all ticket sales for the FA Cup to the over 60s ? it's a generational thing this competition which seems to mean so much more to the silver tops than for example ,by comparison , getting into the play offs or the Champions League qualifying places .

That is , perhaps , the most amazing use of punctuation , I have ever seen .
  • Rossman92 said:

Sadly I won't be able to pay much attention to this one as I have my grandmothers funeral to attend on Saturday. Cheer on the boys and let's hope we get a decent result. Il be optimistic and say 1-0 Jacko. 93 minutes

Sorry for your loss, hope the boys can win to give you a lift.
    2-1 home win. COYR's
  • Sponsored links:

• cafctom said:

Church/George together up front. Don't think I could hack 90 minutes of watching that.

Weirdly was gonna choose to go if george/church up front (and pref jj & cousins middle, lennon & jbg left and gomez & wilson right). Can someone post thr full team please
  • Pretty sure Tony Watt is on the pitch warming up.
  • boggzy said:

cafctom said:

Church/George together up front. Don't think I could hack 90 minutes of watching that.

Weirdly was gonna choose to go if george/church up front (and pref jj & cousins middle, lennon & jbg left and gomez & wilson right). Can someone post thr full team please
    Etheridge, Wilson, Jackson, Bikey-Amougou, Gudmundsson, Buyens, Church, Fox, Cousins, Ben Haim, Tucudean

Subs: Pope, Gomez, Pigott, Lennon, Muldoon, Thomas, Ahearne-Grant
  • This is how they posted it, so I can only assume and pray that they just don't understand correct postings in relation to formations, or we really are screwed....

CHARLTON: Etheridge, Wilson, Jackson, Bikey-Amougou, Gudmundsson, Buyens, Church, Fox, Cousins, Ben Haim, Tucudean

Charlton subs: Pope, Gomez, Pigott, Lennon, Muldoon, Thomas, Ahearne-Grant.
  • Cheers guys
  • Church gets his last match, BP shows RD exactly why we need another couple of strikers by playing these 2 up front together
  • Come on Church
  • Where's the match thread?
  • Are we winning yet?
  • Charlton will be shooting towards the Covered End in the first 45-minutes #CAFCLive