Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs Blackburn | Sat 3rd Jan 2015 | FA Cup 3rd Round| Match Preview, Predictions,News & Views

Comments

• Has it sold out yet or can I still get a ticket on the door?
  • edited January 2015
    Not that it'll be relevant to us but when is 4th round weekend?
  • 4th round weekend is same day as Wolves away - 24th Jan.
  • I know I'll end up going and can see a 1-1 bore draw, we'll get Arsenal away in the next round to tease us and lose the replay
  • I actually think this is a fairly big game for us. Clearly in the league we’ve lost our confidence (and quite possibly, the plot) but this is a chance for both the manager and the players to play without that same pressure on them. A win here could give us some of the impetus back in time for what should be a relatively winnable game against Brighton the following weekend in comparison to the games that are to follow - a loss and we’ll really be in a bad place.

I’m hoping that we pick a strong team – I don’t want us to meekly bow out of the cup, even off the pitch the analysis work that Mundell and Seriously Red did on our accounts that was posted on Charlton Life a couple of weeks ago show how important it is that we earn as much as possible from this tournament to try and stay consistent with our financial targets.

I’d go :

Etherington
    Wilson Gomez TBH Fox
    JBG Jackson Buuyens Cousins
    KAG George
  • Harry Lennon been recalled from Gillingham so will probally be in the squad for this game.
  • Any kind of win to warm us up, but I fear it depends greatly on who they play, 1-0 not expecting to much.
  • 4300 tickets sold
  • PL54 said:

4300 tickets sold

That's poor even by our standards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not expecting more than 5,700...especially if the weather is shite. It'll be just like the old days!

Wouldn't it be nice if we had one of those rare days when everything goes right and we end up winning a great game. People need cheering up.
  • Strangely I am looking forward to this. not sure why. I think I am labouring under some misguided illusion that we may play without any inhibitions that have
  • I'd like to see Munns play, because he's been doing consistently well for the U-21's. His name rhymes with 5 foot 1, so with Solly being rested there's a song there waiting to be sung.
  • their reserves will be better than our paper thin squad. We are shit in the cup. Bob wont "go for it".
    easy 2 nil for them. Im going and weirdly more of "our lot" are than normal. Think it will be a long old game.
  • We win in front of 9,500, and play Mr. Pardew and his new mob.
  • It would be nice if they announced the team today. Then I could make a decision based on that.

Looks like it's the sales at Bluewater for me.
  • Against my better judgement, I'll be there...

I wonder if Church will get a run out, seeing how thing our squad is? It might help his match fitness
  • Sponsored links:

• Fox on the left side of a back 3? With his lack of athleticism and being decent in the air, he seems more of a CB anyway
  • Stone--dont do it----even a shit Charlton cup game is better than ANY Bluewater trip
  • Fox on the left side of a back 3? With his lack of athleticism and being decent in the air, he seems more of a CB anyway

No ta. Rhodes would have a field day, tie over before it's started

No ta. Rhodes would have a field day, tie over before it's started
    A back 3 with Gomez as a CB or a back 4 with Fox or Gomez at LB aren't appealing either...
  • I'd go for...

Etheridge

Gomez TBH Bikey Jackson

JBG Cousins Buyens Harriot

Igor George
  • Jackson, left back? No thanks. Harriott is suspended. Apart from that I agree.
  • By the way, Harriott is suspended, and Bulot unavailable as he has gone to play for Gabon. And Watt cannot play as he could not be registered in time.
  • Simonsen said:

I'd go for...

Etheridge

Gomez TBH Bikey Jackson

JBG Cousins Buyens Harriot

Igor George

Honestly Igor looked on his arse against Ipswich, definitely needs a break until Brighton.
  • Even when I was buying my East Stand tickets this morning I was thinking WTF am I doing?
    To me this is a big game, absolutely at the wrong moment, but I wouldn't mind one game this season to get a bit excited about, and that will happen if we progress in the cup. However seeing as how we're punching our weight this season, and the team has been getting progressively thinner and lighter, I can't see as how we're going to be able to compete in this game.
    Please god I'm wrong, but tomorrow evening it will be good for some unknowing feline somewhere that I don't have a cat.