Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UEFA Nations League

Comments

• Options
    Laddick01 said:
    If Walker starts at RB ever again I will be fuming.
    BBC is saying that TAA has been switched to Left-Back with Walker coming on for Rose?
    I don’t understand why we’ve done that but the one positive is it showed Trent is lethal at LB as well.
  • Options
    TAA has gone back to RB and Walker to LB. no surprise we’ve created more chances because of it
  • Options
    Trent is some player, sounds odd but I feel very safe watching Gomez and Trent. More than happy watching a defensive line of Pickford, Chilwell, Maguire, Gomez and Trent going into the next tournament.

One thing I will say is it's a shame we can't get Wan-Bissaka into this team. I know Palace fans make out like he is the best player in the world but he really is good and it's a shame he probably won't get his chance 
  • Options
    TAA - 8 chances created today, more than any other player in a game for the entire Nations League campaign 
  • Options
    Fair play Pickford 
  • Options
    Didnt matter in the end but Wilson who is a striker and takes penalties for his club didnt take 1 of the 6
  • Options
    Our penalties have come on incredibly under Southgate. After all those years of shite, it’s lovely to see such composed penalties.

• Options
    I’d be tempted to give Pickford one in the Euros if it gets to that
  • Options
    England have become good at penalty shootouts
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I love Pickford. Proper, proper character, reminds me of our own Phillips 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    I’d be tempted to give Pickford one in the Euros if it gets to that
    Make sure he is lubed up.
  • Options
    Our penalties have come on incredibly under Southgate. After all those years of shite, it’s lovely to see such composed penalties.

Mental really that we were so awful at them for so long, and now we’re confident enough to let the goalkeeper take the 5th kick! 
  • Options
    England fans the only ones making any noise at the final
  • Options
    England fans the only ones making any noise at the final
    St George flags on all 4 sides of the pitch 
  • Options
    Always was under the impression once Ronaldo retires Portugal will drop off completely. Wide of the mark. Bruno Fernandes looks some player and as for Bernardo Silva, I truly think he can win the ballon d'Or once Ronaldo and Messi call it a day 
  • Options
    Expecting a bidding war this summer for Bruno Fernandes. Both Manchester clubs have apparently made contact with Sporting as have PSG. 

Hardly a surprise. Some talent. Always seems to run the game when I see him play. Even with all the talent on the pitch tonight and in the Dutch midfield. He still stands out 
  • Options
    Including the World Cup England only beat 2nd and 3rd rate teams, when playing the best they fail - nothing has improved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Including the World Cup England only beat 2nd and 3rd rate teams, when playing the best they fail - nothing has improved.
    We did beat Spain 3-2 in their own backyard though

When it was 3-1 we absolutely bullied them off the pitch
  • Options
    Bernando Silva announced as Player of the Tournament 
    well deserved
  • Options
    For all the doubters of the Nations League Id love to know how the 1930 World Cup would have been taken in this type of world now

Only 13 countries in the World decided to participate with the likes of England refusing to take part, for a while must have been viewed by many as a mickey mouse tournament that detracted from International fixtured at the time
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I really hope it lasts and will certainly become clear in terms of importance in the Nations League campaign ahead of World Cup Qualification which again should see the seeded teams based on their Nations League performance

i.e. to simplify what I mean take Germany for example who are now in League B

They cannot be one of the top seeds based on their next Nations League campaign (it will be the top 8 (?) teams from League A)

Firstly eans that they will go into a group with one of the top seeds; e.g. France / Spain / England depending how we all do in our NL campaigns etc.

Secondly; for World Cup qualification, only the top nation qualifying automatically, second place has to go via the Play-Offs so with Germany and one other big Nation in the same group means that one will have to go the hard route, or might even see one missing out entirely (like what we've seen of the Netherlands of late)

Of course the expansion of the World Cup (likely in 2026) means this risk SHOULD lessen but still, fans can continue to see these as glorified friendlies but dont expect teams to do the same, i.e. we saw hoe good matches were from the last round of games when players were fighting to stave off relegation
  • Options
    Not saying he is terrible, but how is Delph anywhere near the England team. Southgate's blind spot?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Not saying he is terrible, but how is Delph anywhere near the England team. Southgate's blind spot?
    We really don’t have as many players to choose from with successful Premier League experience as some might think.

Delph has Premier League medals and Champions League experience. If that’s not getting anywhere near the squad then it would be pretty bold from Southgate to leave him out entirely.
  • Options
    We have some decent young players who are more creative than him. Phil Neville was right, we won't win anything with the midfield that played today. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    We really don’t have as many players to choose from with successful Premier League experience as some might think.

Delph has Premier League medals and Champions League experience. If that’s not getting anywhere near the squad then it would be pretty bold from Southgate to leave him out entirely.
    It still seems weird to me - he’s only made 57 Premier League appearances since joining City 4 years ago. 

He was a good player at Villa but I don’t know what his selection is currently based on.