Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

UEFA Nations League

Comments

• The wife expected them to then go up the other end and take the other pen :-)
  • That's crazy. He's seen about 10 replays and somehow still gives a penalty. 
  • edited June 2019
    I’ve never believed in firing/demoting refs for controversial decisions.

Saying that any ref that thinks that was a penalty (after 10+ slow mo replays) shouldn’t be near top level football.
  • Imagine being a Portugal fan then - you're celebrating getting a penalty and then a couple of minutes later the other team are down the end equalising with their own penalty instead...

Never a pen
  • Crazy decision 
  • At least VAR has put an end to all the endless debates on dodgy decisions 
  • Kicking off a bit over there having seen a few videos 
  • Everyone will say "VAR is shit" but that's the refs fault not VAR. If it had been a penalty and he'd gone back, checked it and awarded it then no one would have an issue, but to award that penalty is an absolute joke. I still can't believe how you can see a dozen replays and give it. It was clear after 1 replay that it was no way a foul.
  • Everyone will say "VAR is shit" but that's the refs fault not VAR. If it had been a penalty and he'd gone back, checked it and awarded it then no one would have an issue, but to award that penalty is an absolute joke. I still can't believe how you can see a dozen replays and give it. It was clear after 1 replay that it was no way a foul.
    Exactly my point. Doesn’t matter if you give them the best replays in the world a shit ref will still get it wrong. Laughable really.
  • edited June 2019
    Am I missing something here? I thought the attacking player tripped himself up because he was accidentally clipped by the defender who was running too close to the attacker without ensuring he did not impeded the stride of the attacker. It was completely accidental but still a penalty because it is the defender’s responsibility to ensure he does not impede the attaker’s normal stride.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ronaldo delivers yet again - twice!
  • Difficult finish made to look easy by Ronaldo there.
  • Hat trick Ronaldo. The man is ridiculous!
  • Christ on a bike. 
  • This Ronaldo fella looks a bit special
  • He's now got 88 international goals. 

That's more than Shearer and Rooney combined got for us!
  • That's why I find it so hard to separate Messi and Ronaldo

Messi to me is the slightly better player, BUT Ronaldo has done it in 4 countries and has scored more international goals and done it for a far weaker football nation than Argentina
    Embarrassing 
  • Ronaldo is the greatest of all time. No debate
  • Was on Curbs radar b4 MU?
  • Sponsored links:

• Scummy drunken England fans bringing shame on the country yet again! 
  • Fuck sake I’m out there from today, really can’t be fucked it kicking off
  • Ronaldo is the greatest of all time. No debate
    Well, you may or may not be right that he’s the GOAT.
    However, you’re incorrect about the ‘No debate’ bit, because people continue to debate this.
     :) 
  • Fuck sake I’m out there from today, really can’t be fucked it kicking off
    Avoid standing in a square with thousand of people and you will always avoid trouble. Try and find an area which isn’t full with England flags and you will be fine. 
  • UEFA tackling the big issues
    Embarrassing 
    this one was always going to have trouble written all over it, ease of tickets ( general sale - no sort of membership required ) a week in the nigh on guaranteed sun, as an England away member i picked Prague instead of this one as the nobhead factor would be too high, i was in marseille for the shenanigans by the port, what does piss me off is the younguns that throw bottles at police run off and leave innocent fans to take a beating ( which is what usually happens having experienced it 1st hand ) - whilst they shouldn't have to just stop all shops in the local vicinity stop selling glass bottles to english fans would stop a lot of it. 
  • edited June 2019

Depay hasn't come out of that well.
  • Was on Curbs radar b4 MU?
    He was, but decided Robbie Mustoe was a better bet.

• If the Dutch learned to spell properly none of this would be an issue... :p