Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UEFA Nations League

Comments

• Options
    The nations league is a glorified friendly imo it’s held in the same regard as the checkatrade trophy to Charlton 
    Results across all leagues would suggest otherwise
  • Options
    but you do not win anything, well for group a games anyway, i'd love for us to win but its not comparable with a world cup or euros. 

winning matches and cups breeds winners so for that reason why not win it if we can. 
  • Options
    but you do not win anything, well for group a games anyway, i'd love for us to win but its not comparable with a world cup or euros. 

winning matches and cups breeds winners so for that reason why not win it if we can. 
    Yes you do
  • Options

Yes you do
    a trophy? arsenal get a trophy for winning the emirates cup
  • Options
    Got tickets for the final so I hope we do have everyone available and we win it 
  • Options

Yes you do
    a trophy? arsenal get a trophy for winning the emirates cup

The Emirates Cup isn't the Nations League though

The former is a pissy little cup during the summer that is for invited teams only

Nations League is compulsory and so far has shown with the teams involved that its something that teams care about - Not to mention its what dictates the Seeding for World Cup and Euro Qualifying now so yeah treat it at the Checkatrade Trophy if countries want to but its at their own risk...

Take Germany for example, because they're now in the "B" Division they cant be seeded for World Cup Qualifying, means they'll most likely end up being in a Group with one of the other big teams, also means that they'll potentially have to go through the Play-Offs to get to the World Cup because its only the top teams that get an automatic spot

• Options
    Its also a competition thats an incentive for the smaller Nations that dont usually stand a chance in the main Euro Qualifying - The likes of Luxembourg, Belarus, Scotland dont have a chance in the standard format so this gives them a bit of false hope in their Play-Offs
  • Options
    Delph and Dier over Maddison is horrible.
    AWB over Trippier should’ve happened too.

That aside we can get a very good 11 out of that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Delph and Dier over Maddison is horrible.
    AWB over Trippier should’ve happened too.

That aside we can get a very good 11 out of that.
    Both Maddison and Wan-Bissaka are old enough to play in the U21s - Wonder if they'll be off to the Euros as Southgate did say he didnt want to take too many from that squad and so hinder our chances there
  • Options
    Southgate taking a bit of a risk with both Kane and Winks, who've both been out injured for a while
  • Options
    Southgate taking a bit of a risk with both Kane and Winks, who've both been out injured for a while
    Theres no way Kane was going to miss this. Can see Wilson playing quite a bit.
  • Options
    Flying out on the 3rd, cannot wait
  • Options
    Got a ticket in the latest sale a couple of days ago, but only for the semi-final v Holland.

Three days sightseeing in Lisbon with the wife then up to Porto, flying out on the 2nd.
  • Options
    Pickford
    TAA
    Stones
    Gomez (could be a case for Maguire if Gomez isnt match sharp)
    Chilwell
    Rice
    Henderson
    Alli
    Sancho
    Sterling 
    Kane

Thats a hell of a side
    That's a very exciting looking side on paper. Certainly shouldnt fear any of the other teams. How nice is it to say that as an England supporter! 
  • Options
    Pickford
    TAA
    Stones
    Chilwell
    Rice
    Henderson
    Alli
    Sancho
    Sterling 
    Kane

Thats a hell of a side
    I'd play that side but swap Rice for Barkley - been really impressed with him recently 
  • Options

Pickford
    TAA
    Stones
    Chilwell
    Rice
    Henderson
    Alli
    Sancho
    Sterling 
    Kane

Thats a hell of a side
    I'd play that side but swap Rice for Barkley - been really impressed with him recently 
    Shame Loftus-Cheek is out injured, I think he's better than both Alli and Barkley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Portugal v Switzerland tonight

Winner plays England in the final  ;)   :D
  • Options
    Monday week to be a Bank Holiday do we think?
  • Options
    Portugal have a better team now than when they won the Euros
  • Options
    Is it me or is the commentary out of sync? At first it was ahead of the game now it’s way behind?
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    Is it me or is the commentary out of sync? At first it was ahead of the game now it’s way behind?
    Yeah really annoying 
  • Options
    Both these sides are awful at the back. So much space.
  • Options
    Switzerland really came out the block quick, couple of good chances in the first 5 minutes. Portugal settled better now but @Laddick01 spot on, both teams weakest at the back.
    Seferovic up top for Switzerland wins far more headers than he should be able to.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    What have I just seen?!? How is that a penalty?
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    What have I just seen?!? How is that a penalty?
    Lol, absolutely hilarious. 

How can he not see the player trip himself??
  • Options
    No penalty for me, very harsh decision.