Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Missing - BBC drama

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Did he see him in the boot though? The bloke talking to him said something along the lines of 'you probably don't want to see him' implying he was covered up (drugged, knocked unconscious?)

• Options
    Clue may be in the title? It is called The Missing! (But I guess they were at some point)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    This was a picture of the newspaper from the show that had a mock up of what Oliver might look like now and the boy from the end.

• Options
    I want me money back!
  • Options
    We're still none the wiser, though I didn't see the cause of the disappearance coming thanks to lots of deliberate red herrings in the plot.

Somehow I don't think this will be the end of Oliver's story, given last nights ending.
  • Options
    the Russian boy did look a bit quizzical
  • Options

the Russian boy did look a bit quizzical

indeed Tony could be right all along ...makes for a good second series

• Options
    So any truth in the rumour that the whole series was commissioned by the Gov as part of the seasonal "Don't drink and drive" campaign?!
  • Options
    Loved it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Loved it.

Praise indeed
  • Options
    I reckon he's definitely alive, whilst the Mayor was looking in the back of the car we never saw what was in there.
  • Options
    having started this thread a few weeks ago I have to conclude by saying that I enjoyed every twist and turn but think that it is a pity that they did not end the story and leave it. These days it seems once a TV channel finds a successful drama they then try and milk with additional series which rarely equal the original, lets hope that Broardchurch 2 does not fall into this trap.
  • Options
    Interestingly the two superb series of Utopia will not get a third one because of disappointing viewing figures yet it won an international Emmy.
    The missing was a good whodunit and great that it was not entirely set in the UK, but there have been better things on the telly this year, Line of Duty for one.
  • Options
    In the mirror it said in the second series Tony will find him later on in life as an adult
  • Options
    Seeing as they have not written it yet I wonder how they know that.
  • Options
    The 2nd series is to be with different characters, locations and storyline
  • Options
    Chances are that they are only using the name, rather like Broadchurch, as a hook to get people watching. I think there are many very good dramas that don't have much of an audience and, as a consequence, they are deemed failures. Once a TV channel get's something 'trending' or people talking about it, it makes sense to make a second series - even if it is completely different.

I suspect that the public could stomach a different series with different characters about children going missing every year if it's well written. Once the BBC (in this case) have a program that millions of people will watch based on it's name alone, it would be commercially irresponsible not to make another series.

For me I thought the ending was a little poor. I wanted to know what happened, and going to the trouble of showing Oliver following a fox, something that wasn't witnessed by anyone, gave the impression that all would be revealed. They then left a massive cliffhanger by leaving it open to interpretation as to what actually happened to the boy or his body.

I also think that after all the investigative work to have the answer shared by a dying man undermined a lot of it. They could have avoided the whole investigation and had Alain call for Tony in episode one and tell him that he couldn't live with himself and.....
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Seeing as they have not written it yet I wonder how they know that.

Only stating what I read
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    pedantic or minutiae, take your pick.

how did Alaine on his deathbed know about the boy following the fox from the bar.
    when he said he was drink driving at the time ? the fox would not have hung around to give a statement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was Morgan Fox
  • Options
    How did they find the '12 years sober' token if it fell down the drain?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    CAFCdamo said:

How did they find the '12 years sober' token if it fell down the drain?

A "drains-up" search of the local area when he went missing....

So then, did nobody notice the fox in the first episode as they played in the pool?
  • Options

Fox did it

That quote is from dec 4th.

You are the detective of the year Nick Nick..

• Options
    Loved it aswell.
  • Options

I'm going for the major and hotel owner combination.

what about the mayor and hotel owner combination ;-)

I'm going for the major and hotel owner combination.

what about the mayor and hotel owner combination ;-)

You know what I meant!
  • Options
    Just watched the the last episode and i loved it despite the morbid subject matter.

It definately compares to Broadchurch in fact I thought the ending to this was better than Broadchurch.

I would love to see a "depression off" between Olivia Coleman and James Nesbett. It would because close run thing.
    Seriously though, both should be proud of their performances in each show.
  • Options

Just watched the the last episode and i loved it despite the morbid subject matter.

It definately compares to Broadchurch in fact I thought the ending to this was better than Broadchurch.

I would love to see a "depression off" between Olivia Coleman and James Nesbett. It would because close run thing.
    Seriously though, both should be proud of their performances in each show.

I would actually say Line Of Duty is better than either, and the performances to match but there's not a lot in it.