Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Missing - BBC drama

Comments

• Options
    Was it zidanne?
  • Options
    Take little of what I say seriously. Hope nobody wasted too much time.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

I just got mugged off too. Trawled through my deleted programmes on my Sky+ planner, found the first episode, watched the bit 3 times, once in slow motion and saw nothing to throw any light on the mystery.

I am serious. Watched with my wife too.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

We Don't.
  • Options
    Why did my comment get deleted?
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Why did my comment get deleted?

Cannot believe you need to ask that question.
  • Options
    It was hardly a spoiler... I questioned whether that was what he was hinting at
  • Options

It's the most confusing programme I've ever seen. Wibble.

I've told you before not to turn over from ITV!
  • Options
    Finally caught up with it, agree it can be confusing but everything slowly evolves. For instance who else thought the Romanian girls' brother was the bald guy, only for it to turn out to be the guy who slashed her?

Lot more to come, what did the young French cop find down the drain? Also why was the cleaner spying on him?

It's harrowing watching, especially as Jimmy Nesbitt makes Tony so believable.

Fascinating watching and well worth the £12.12 I pay for the BBC each month
  • Options
    My wife tried to explain it to me yesterday over part of a 2 bottle lunch - Still bits I don't understand but she seems to be on top of it all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The scene in the bar when the boy goes missing is actually worth re-watching for all sorts of reasons - above all, there's no way the French would be that dressed up/ going that loopy over a World Cup QF in Germany in 2006. They barely got that animated for the final in 1998 when they won the damn thing in their own country!
  • Options
    Maybe my concentration was a bit poor last night, but I ended up totally confused.
  • Options
    i thought last night actually cleared up a few issues. why the cleaner was at the crime scene, why the Morroccan copper was in prison, why Baptiste had a limp, why Tony hadn't been questioned over Ian's disappearance. Now, the question is what is the reporter's real involvement?, what happened to the evidence that the Morroccon was trying to recover from Baptiste?

I'm still of the opinion that the English copper is involved and that the boy will discovered alive and well somewhere.
  • Options

i thought last night actually cleared up a few issues. why the cleaner was at the crime scene, why the Morroccan copper was in prison, why Baptiste had a limp, why Tony hadn't been questioned over Ian's disappearance. Now, the question is what is the reporter's real involvement?, what happened to the evidence that the Morroccon was trying to recover from Baptiste?

I'm still of the opinion that the English copper is involved and that the boy will discovered alive and well somewhere.

I'd previously thought that Baptiste had a limp as a result of that car crash.
    Why did Baptiste deny to Tony and his ex that the Morroccan had found any evidence?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    The part i didn't get last night is Baptiste said the morroccan copper didn't hand any evidence in so they needed to speak to him, yet it appears as though he has the evidence that was left for him at the front desk which was what the morroccan copper was trying to steal back. Surely to Baptiste that would be obvious that its the same piece of evidence? Unless what he was given at the front desk wasn't the evidence we are lead to believe it was and the journalist still has it. Maybe the journalist set a trap so the copper got caught for threatening him.

All in all enjoying the series and like the way it is gradually unveiling.
  • Options

Why did Baptiste deny to Tony and his ex that the Morroccan had found any evidence?
    Probably because he never handed it in - It's all down to the Journo who has been saying throughout he knows what happened - In the first episode (I think) he was holding a proof for a book cover. I suspect we'll find out what that evidence is next week and then all will be revealed (I bloody well hope) in a fortnight.

Sadly I don't think Oliver will turn up alive given all that blood in the basement

• Options
    The reason I thought Baptiste knew about the evidence is because of the Morrocan's efforts to get it back. But thinking about it and what BDL and Madz have said is that perhaps that particular parcel was not the evidence and something to do with that smug journo discrediting the Morrocan.
    Lots of twists, so I don't automatically think that Oliver won't turn up, but I do hope it is all revealed at the end!
  • Options
    BDL said:

Probably because he never handed it in - It's all down to the Journo who has been saying throughout he knows what happened - In the first episode (I think) he was holding a proof for a book cover. I suspect we'll find out what that evidence is next week and then all will be revealed (I bloody well hope) in a fortnight.

Sadly I don't think Oliver will turn up alive given all that blood in the basement

The claret is a red herring, I reckon. Two episodes left leave space for plenty more twists and turns.
  • Options
    so does the missing boy turn up in the jungle with ant and dec ?

that way we can merge the threads ...just a thought
  • Options
    Can someone give me brieft synopsis of last ten minutes - my littlun was ill and didnt really catch the end.
    Just saw the old copper being attacked in his car, and them pulling the mask off to reveal the other copper.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The old copper, gave Tony his shirt back, (the one he was wearing when he did the murder), which he found in the concrete. He thought it was morally right to do so.

As the old copper was leaving work, a police receptionist, handed him as A4 size envelope, addressed to him.

The old copper got in his car, out the envelope on the passenger seat & was attacked.
  • Options
    the evidence the Morroccan was trying to get back was effectively given to Baptiste by the journalist so Baptiste doesn't know that this was the same evidence that the Morroccan had found and hadn't handed in as evidence. Also, I think that Baptiste will be whisked off by ambulance and he will never get to see that actual evidence because it will disappear from his car in the confusion. Ask yourself this - first on the scene, the English copper. How? Why? If the evidence disappears, as it must because we know Baptiste has never seen it, then who better placed to take it than the English copper, who just happened to be in that town when the boy disappeared initially. Too many coincidences.

The journo obviously has something on the Morroccan copper as he said he knows his real name. He also said his father died without solving a particular story he was working on involving a missing ..... Morroccan.

• Options
    thanks - might have a little look on iplayer though to see it 'in the flesh' as such.

Think everyone is waiting for ther English copper 'reveal'
    What happened to his son, who was with him when we first saw him - were they not on holiday too?, before he became the English liaison to the case - despite not speaking french...
  • Options
    Morgon Fox did it
  • Options
    English copper is too obvious... It's either a character that hasnt come into it yet or the Morrocan copper played a part in it. He was wearing the same mask as the bloke in the basement
  • Options
    Must be the Mayor.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Must be the Mayor.

Something doesn't quite add up with the Mayor.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    THe coin belongs to the lady that owns the hotel, she had one for each year she was sober and the husband outside having a fag didn't look happy to see Tony, the mayor has the same surname as the hotel owners, relatives in it together, why he wants to scrap the new enquiry
  • Options
    Not the policeman then? If he was involved he wouldn't have brought the evidence to Chalons.

Mayor was friends with Garrett, wanted all his paedo stuff hushed up after he "disappeared". He's up to his eyes in it (I think).
  • Options
    But has he swapped the evidence