Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Missing - BBC drama

Comments

• Options

1.English cop (could of planted the coin to frame hotel owners)
    2.Mayor (friend of Garrett)
    3.Hotel owner or husband ( Is she too kind ? and husband pull faces!)
    4.Morrocan cop or Garrett.(both now dead)
    5.Someone with big ears like the drawing the boy left behind

Guess the year, 2006 2009 or present day. They tell you sometimes.

I thought the morrocan cop was picking up his broken phone, which he had thrown down in a rage ??

The acting is superb, Like all these whodunits you need to watch all the episodes but i spend most of my time seeing if french cop is limping or tony is clean shaven or what hair cut wife/ex wife has so i know where we are.

Enjoying the drama.

Definitely not no 5, sam.

Those ears wouldn't fit under a balaclava.

• Options
    Great series but I bet it has a stupid ending like most BBC dramas ....... Anyone know if Jimmy Saville was in France in 2006 ?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

smiffyboy said:

My girlfriends theory is that Greg who Tony beat up for having an affair with Emily years previously is the actual farther of ollie and has kidnapped him back hence the other boy being taken by his dad and the English cop saying you can never trust the dad, she thinks the coin is a red herring as it's basically given away who done it before the last episode which wouldn't happen

Who's Greg?
    The baker.
  • Options

1.English cop (could of planted the coin to frame hotel owners)
    2.Mayor (friend of Garrett)
    3.Hotel owner or husband ( Is she too kind ? and husband pull faces!)
    4.Morrocan cop or Garrett.(both now dead)
    5.Someone with big ears like the drawing the boy left behind

Guess the year, 2006 2009 or present day. They tell you sometimes.

I thought the morrocan cop was picking up his broken phone, which he had thrown down in a rage ??

The acting is superb, Like all these whodunits you need to watch all the episodes but i spend most of my time seeing if french cop is limping or tony is clean shaven or what hair cut wife/ex wife has so i know where we are.

Enjoying the drama.

Definitely not no 5, sam.

Those ears wouldn't fit under a balaclava.

That's why i would never make a detective.

Thank you Miss Marple.

• Options
    Hotel owners husband, it was the token for being sober for a year, or something like that
  • Options
    Or maybe her as she treasures it so much...
  • Options
    PL54 said:

smiffyboy said:

My girlfriends theory is that Greg who Tony beat up for having an affair with Emily years previously is the actual farther of ollie and has kidnapped him back hence the other boy being taken by his dad and the English cop saying you can never trust the dad, she thinks the coin is a red herring as it's basically given away who done it before the last episode which wouldn't happen

Who's Greg?
    The bloke off masterchef. He did it.
  • Options
    I don't think the producers would make it as easy as the hotel owner. Everyone knows it already
  • Options
    How many episodes is there?
  • Options
    It's definately not the hotel owner or the husband. We have not seen enough of them for the blame to be dumped on them. My money is firmly on the British cop.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

How many episodes is there?

• Options
    The production company has made 3 optional final episodes which means at this time all possible bets are on ;-)))
  • Options
    JonnyK said:

The production company has made 3 optional final episodes which means at this time all possible bets are on ;-)))

Which means the bas*ards have hedged their bets on another series being commissioned.
  • Options
    To Leave me more confused than I am already
  • Options
    The reason this is a better drama than Broadchurch is because most people (even me)
    worked out it was the Husband of the detective long before the last episode.
    The comedy/drama Midsomer Murders is harder to work out than Broadchurch.

I Hope Missing give us closure and not the biggest anti climax since George could not
    convert that chance against Millwall.

I have no insider info but how can the drawing the boy made not have some other meaning.

The walls have ears (bloody big ones)

• Options
    I'm going for the major and hotel owner combination.
  • Options

what about the mayor and hotel owner combination ;-)

• Options

Basil Fawlty and the Major ? you can get a 1000 to 1 on that down the bookies.

• Options
    Rory McIlroy current favourite with the bookies
  • Options
    Hour to go will he be found alive!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2014
    not looking good for the lad
  • Options
    Well that ended very sadly
  • Options
    What a crap ending total anticlimax
  • Options
    Liked the ending, probably an even more depressing one than just finding the body.

Left completely in the dark with only a few 'probable' answers, which is more realistic than every thread being resolved fully.
  • Options
    Love the ending. Seems it's marmite though, love it or hate it.
    Don't understand the need to have every answer to every question.
    Make your own mind up what happened, there are a few good theory's.
    Quality TV imo
  • Options
    I thought the ending was clever, especially with the Russia clip at the start (I wouldn't never have guessed it was Tony and that he probably drew the picture in the snow on the car).

Thoroughly yet brilliantly depressing.

Never been a Nesbitt fan but he's deserves an award for this part.

Loved the female French cop.

Left ever so slightly open but as the second series is another story as oohaah would say 98% Oliver was murdered and Tony's going mad, 2% he's alive.
  • Options
    just seen what golfaddick said on dec 10 about the picture being of his dad from episode 1.
    no wonder i headed down a cul-de-sac.
    If that car had hit a small boy there is no way he would have been able to climb out of a boot, hours later.
    The present day was the wedding, then at the very end we went into the future, or did we ?
    Enough loose ends for a second series
  • Options
    Well they showed clips of second series after the credits.

I think he died but Tony just can't let it go without the body.

• Options
    I reckon he's alive. Another thing to consider is that the story Alaine was telling was from the George's mouth, and so not necessarily 100% true.

Brilliant ending. Love the open ended nature of it. It's kept me guessing! Anyone reckon the 2nd series will have some connection to Ollie even if it isn't immediately obvious? Something about a traffiking ring in Russia?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Well they showed clips of second series after the credits.

I think he died but Tony just can't let it go without the body.

I agree. The second series seems like a new case. The boy must have been dead as the Mayor saw him in the boot and in the end couldn't live with that. Looks like without a body Tony just can't let it go. It was compelling and very well acted all round.