Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Missing - BBC drama

Comments

• Options
    Also why is the TV in room 7 still not working after all these years?
  • Options
    Didn't the cleaning man, who was running the bar in Brussels also have a coin or did I dream it?
  • Options
    The woman who runs the Hotel seems to be involved , including her husband. Seems to be indicating that his smoking will be relevant in some way.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

But has he swapped the evidence

Bloody well hope not. I can see it not concluding next week.
  • Options
    The journalist really gets on my tits, just thought I'd add that.
  • Options
    Got to be the husband of the woman who runs the hotel.
  • Options
    Last episode next week thank goodness. Could we have some subtitles please to explain to me what the hell is happening. Amazing how many of us are filling a thread about this programme, they should do what they do with films where you can see is it an A, a U etc. Doh A could mean don't start watching it, you will never understand it you silly old sod.
  • Options
    Just started getting into it as the plots thicken
    Do like baptise though played character well
    Gutted only one left
  • Options
    I don't reckon that the coin was the actual piece of evidence found in the drain.
    My guess is that the English cop has swapped whatever it was for the coin to incriminate someone else.
  • Options
    I can't keep up with it and even though I have seen it all, I don't know what half of the above comments mean.

I have never even noticed the hotel owner or the coin being referred to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I don't reckon that the coin was the actual piece of evidence found in the drain.
    My guess is that the English cop has swapped whatever it was for the coin to incriminate someone else.

agree. Baptiste called him yesterday when the Morroccan cops son wouldn't visit his Dad in prison and asked him to visit the journo. When at the journos he told him the Morroccan cop had been stabbed to death in prison. How did he know as Baptiste had called him before the stabbing? Last week the Morroccan cop was set-up to attack Baptiste to recover evidence left by the journo for him. Who was first on the scene? The cop. When the kid was first snatched the English cop just happened to be in town. The cop. All too coincidental for my liking.

• Options

agree. Baptiste called him yesterday when the Morroccan cops son wouldn't visit his Dad in prison and asked him to visit the journo. When at the journos he told him the Morroccan cop had been stabbed to death in prison. How did he know as Baptiste had called him before the stabbing? Last week the Morroccan cop was set-up to attack Baptiste to recover evidence left by the journo for him. Who was first on the scene? The cop. When the kid was first snatched the English cop just happened to be in town. The cop. All too coincidental for my liking.

have watched it all and agree with this
  • Options
    I thought Baptiste rang to English cop AFTER they had visited the prison with the Moroccan's son as he just been killed and the jorno was the only one left who know about the evidence. I could be wrong, but I'm sure that's how it went.

daft thing is that I dreamt about the programme last night & woke up convinced that I saw something new & that Tony did it.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

I can't keep up with it and even though I have seen it all, I don't know what half of the above comments mean.

I know the coin (it's the same as the one the woman in the hotel has shown to Tony), but like you, I have totally overlooked the woman's husband. My wife said to me "Ah I've always thought it was him as he gave a scowl when Tony returned to the hotel". And I was saying "what husband?!". I'd make a useless witness.
  • Options

I thought Baptiste rang to English cop AFTER they had visited the prison with the Moroccan's son as he just been killed and the jorno was the only one left who know about the evidence. I could be wrong, but I'm sure that's how it went.

daft thing is that I dreamt about the programme last night & woke up convinced that I saw something new & that Tony did it.

sure it was before the son agreed to go

• Options

PL54 said:

I know the coin (it's the same as the one the woman in the hotel has shown to Tony), but like you, I have totally overlooked the woman's husband. My wife said to me "Ah I've always thought it was him as he gave a scowl when Tony returned to the hotel". And I was saying "what husband?!". I'd make a useless witness.
    what can the relevance of a coin be ?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

PL54 said:

what can the relevance of a coin be ?
    It's like a commerative coin (i.e. somewhat unique) and the woman in the hotel showed Tony one that she has and in the next episode (last night's) it transpires that a similar coin is the evidence (allegedy perhaps) that the Morrocan handed to the journalist. I think the woman gets one of these coins for every year she is 'dry', evidently being an former alcoholic.
  • Options
    I never saw a coin in either episode.

Is this a book anywhere ?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

I never saw a coin in either episode.

Is this a book anywhere ?

no, written for TV by two brothers

• Options
    Preparing for a disappointing conclusion, as seems to be sometimes the case with these sort of series - all seems to be building up well to the final episode, at which point it then doesn't quite work.

Hopefully not the case with this one, although apparently the writers are in discussions with the BBC about a second series.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My head hurts.
  • Options
    i think its great some of the characterisation is brilliant ,good viewing

beats all the damned "i am strictly a celebrity cooking/dancing/sewing/singing " garbage we have to suffer
  • Options
    Agree I hate all the has beens on these so called celebrity programs
  • Options
    "Marvellous" is out on DVD for seven quid now. Treat yourself to some proper BBC telly with that. Actually, you can also watch the whole thing on youtube in a slightly odd format.
  • Options
    1.English cop (could of planted the coin to frame hotel owners)
    2.Mayor (friend of Garrett)
    3.Hotel owner or husband ( Is she too kind ? and husband pull faces!)
    4.Morrocan cop or Garrett.(both now dead)
    5.Someone with big ears like the drawing the boy left behind

Guess the year, 2006 2009 or present day. They tell you sometimes.

I thought the morrocan cop was picking up his broken phone, which he had thrown down in a rage ??

The acting is superb, Like all these whodunits you need to watch all the episodes but i spend most of my time seeing if french cop is limping or tony is clean shaven or what hair cut wife/ex wife has so i know where we are.

Enjoying the drama.
  • Options
    My girlfriends theory is that Greg who Tony beat up for having an affair with Emily years previously is the actual farther of ollie and has kidnapped him back hence the other boy being taken by his dad and the English cop saying you can never trust the dad, she thinks the coin is a red herring as it's basically given away who done it before the last episode which wouldn't happen
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

My girlfriends theory is that Greg who Tony beat up for having an affair with Emily years previously is the actual farther of ollie and has kidnapped him back hence the other boy being taken by his dad and the English cop saying you can never trust the dad, she thinks the coin is a red herring as it's basically given away who done it before the last episode which wouldn't happen

Who's Greg?
  • Options
    edited December 2014

1.English cop (could of planted the coin to frame hotel owners)
    2.Mayor (friend of Garrett)
    3.Hotel owner or husband ( Is she too kind ? and husband pull faces!)
    4.Morrocan cop or Garrett.(both now dead)
    5.Someone with big ears like the drawing the boy left behind

Guess the year, 2006 2009 or present day. They tell you sometimes.

I thought the morrocan cop was picking up his broken phone, which he had thrown down in a rage ??

The acting is superb, Like all these whodunits you need to watch all the episodes but i spend most of my time seeing if french cop is limping or tony is clean shaven or what hair cut wife/ex wife has so i know where we are.

Enjoying the drama.

Not sure if you've been following this from the start as the boy draw a picture of his dad right at the start & it was a family joke as it had big ears ........and that's why they knew the boy had been held in the basement as he draw the same picture as he had done earlier, so you can forget big-ears as the culprit.
  • Options
    You're going to look pretty daft if it turns out to be prince charles!