Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Kane

Comments

• Options

I swear on my daughter's life... what a bell end!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43693418

hardly... As a striker i would expect them to claim everything and by the sounds of it he is that sure he got a touch doesn't make him a bellend in my eyes.
    I'm not sure I fully buy into this thing about it being ok for strikers to claim everything. Has anyone asked Erikson if he's ok with this btw? Maybe he's on a goal related contract and stands to lose out financially? If it were me I tell him to go out and score his own goals!
    lol Bournemouth, i know you are invested in it. But strikers have always tried claiming every goal.

No i am not thinking about eriksen and any goal clause (unlikely anyway), likewise Kane might be on a goal bonus and if he feels he has 100% touched it, why would he claim it of a team mate?

I think to say he is a bell end on that alone, when he doesn't come across that way at all.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Having seen the two of them interviewed directly after the match I think there is an element of friendly banter over all this.

...is the correct, undramatic, answer.
  • Options
    If John Aldridge was playing today he'd have half the amount of goals the record books show. No adjudication panel back in those days - strikers just stuck their hands up or did the Michael Channon whirly arm dance & got creditted with them. Can't see why Kane is a cf for wanting to claim it - only he knows if he got a touch or not.
  • Options
    I once claimed and got given a goal when I pushed the opposing centre back who then headed it over the keeper into his own goal. Suffice to say he wasn't very pleased.
  • Options
    Wasn't there a debate here when Jacko got his 50th goal for us whether one of his previous goals should have been credited to Racon, as it clearly hit him on the way into the net!
  • Options

Wasn't there a debate here when Jacko got his 50th goal for us whether one of his previous goals should have been credited to Racon, as it clearly hit him on the way into the net!

Was Luton in the FA Cup wasnt it?

Game was televised on BT I think and you had Racon / Jackson talking on TV after it
  • Options
    Been given spurs 2nd goal v Stoke
  • Options
    Dont get excited if he is in your fantasy team tho as the points for that goal already went to Erikson
  • Options
    The Premier League "Putting Salah Under A Bit Of Pressure" Boot doesn't have quite the same ring to it, does it...
  • Options
    Liverpool winning last night is good news for Kane's outside chances of the golden boot as well, as with Liverpool pretty much guaranteed top 4 now, Klopp will surely rest Salah in some games so he's kept fresh for the CL semi's.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hear Harry Kane is appealing against Mo Salah's player of the month award.He claimed the vote brushed his shoulder.
  • Options
    Gateshead FC announce that their 2nd goal against Tranmere Rovers has now been awarded to Harry Kane.
  • Options

Will be/is already better than Shearer? Discuss.

Very good player but not better than Shearer. Shearer was unplayable at his peak and did it for England too.

Very different players but Kane is on fire.
    Shearer got 30 goals in 63 games for England. Kane is only just 24 and has 10 in 21.
    Kane has 18 in 26 now. And isn't 25 'til next month so safe to say that he will beat Shearer and may well become England's all time record goalscorer too.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Real Madrid are bound to want to get him after the World Cup now, especially if he wins the Golden Boot. They always want to buy the star of each tournament, like they did with James Rodriguez four years ago.
  • Options
    His name sounds like "Hurricane" too, which is cool.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Real Madrid are bound to want to get him after the World Cup now, especially if he wins the Golden Boot. They always want to buy the star of each tournament, like they did with James Rodriguez four years ago.

Levy was shrewd though (as per usual) and got Kane to sign a new deal just before the world cup. I think Kane will be at Spurs next season but if they don't win anything it'll probably be his last.
    There's only so long you can keep a 35-40 goal a season striker if you don't win trophies.
  • Options
    Overrated ;-)
  • Options
    Be careful what you wish for, @johnboyuk. On hols at moment in Spain and he is all over the media with many a link to Real Madrid as said above.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

"He's a one season wonder" (watches Kane do better season after season) "He's a tap in merchant" (watches Kane score every goal imaginable) "He only does it against the poor teams" (watches Kane score against every big side he plays against) "He cant do it in Europe" (watches Kane score goals in Champions League) "He cant do it for England" (watches Kane score goal after goal for England) "He shouldnt be England captain" (watches him score every game as England captain) "He cant do it in International tournaments" (watches Kane score 5 goals in his first 2 world cup games)...."Er....Er....Er...he doesnt talk properly"...

The Gooners are running out of things to say. Special mention to the bitter Bin Dippers as well. They just cant help themselves.

For years they have looked for that goalscorer to finish things off for them and to think they let that they released that very player.

https://metro.co.uk/2015/01/09/tottenham-sensation-harry-kane-revealed-as-former-arsenal-player-5015254/
  • Options
    Love the photo of him and his girlfriend with Beckham when they were just kids. That doesn't often happen in the football world nowadays, sticking with your childhood sweetheart even when you've become one of the best players (or The best) in the country.
  • Options
    If Kane was to go to Real, Spurs could then afford to bring Bale back
  • Options
    Kane will need to move if he wants to win trophy’s
  • Options
    Penalty taking was fabulous yesterday - he really is a class act. Seems a very grounded guy.

• Options

Penalty taking was fabulous yesterday - he really is a class act. Seems a very grounded guy.

Yet you just know that come a quarter final shoot out, he'll hit the fucking post.
    Either that or the jet pack wearing Russian 'keeper will save it
  • Options
    The only problem I have with Harry Kane is that there are photo's of him on the internet wearing a spanner shirt.
  • Options

Levy was shrewd though (as per usual) and got Kane to sign a new deal just before the world cup. I think Kane will be at Spurs next season but if they don't win anything it'll probably be his last.
    There's only so long you can keep a 35-40 goal a season striker if you don't win trophies.
    Newcastle managed it with Shearer, although that was before the money took hold...
  • Options

Be careful what you wish for, @johnboyuk. On hols at moment in Spain and he is all over the media with many a link to Real Madrid as said above.

It'll happen eventually.

I do worry we've not created many chances from open play for him so hopefully that'll come.