Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Kane

Comments

• Options

Penalty taking was fabulous yesterday - he really is a class act. Seems a very grounded guy.

I was going to say the same thing. Truly impressive. I like Henderson but I think Kane seems overall a better choice for captain.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
  • Options
    bit of a freak of nature .. an iceberg cool, unflappable, natural goal scorer throughout his career .. he just gets better and better
  • Options

bit of a freak of nature .. an iceberg cool, unflappable, natural goal scorer throughout his career .. he just gets better and better

The type of goals he’s scored this World Cup illustrates what a great goal scorer he is, tap ins, pens and one deflected off his bum. A superhero that we need but we don’t deserve.
  • Options

The type of goals he’s scored this World Cup illustrates what a great goal scorer he is, tap ins, pens and one deflected off his bum. A superhero that we need but we don’t deserve.
    Came off his heel.
  • Options
    88 goals in his last 90 appearances for Club and Country. Longest sequence for not scoring in that time is 4 games.

When was the last time an English player had that sort of run?
  • Options

88 goals in his last 90 appearances for Club and Country. Longest sequence for not scoring in that time is 4 games.

When was the last time an English player had that sort of run?

Was it me?
  • Options

Kane will need to move if he wants to win trophy’s

No trophy is bigger than winning the World Cup so I think his appetite will be fulfilled come the new season.
  • Options
    Some great posts at the beginning of this thread :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Be careful what you wish for, @johnboyuk. On hols at moment in Spain and he is all over the media with many a link to Real Madrid as said above.

It'll happen eventually.

I do worry we've not created many chances from open play for him so hopefully that'll come.
    In all fairness in the Tunisia game in the first half we created five great chances from open play, which unfortunately were missed by (Lingard (2) Sterling (2) and Henderson,

Once they shut the game down and changed formation, we found it harder but even so we still looked good.
  • Options

First England player to score in 6 consecutive games for 79 years.

12 goals in 8 games as captain (and has now scored in every game he's been captain for).

Equals Lineker's record of most goals by an England player in a single tournament.

Hero.

Hasnt done it in a World Cup Final though blah blah blah ;)
  • Options
    The 1 truly world class player we have. If He wins the golden boot, which looks likely, he'll be wanted by all the top teams across Europe & I can't see him staying at spurs.

Can Tottenham afford to turn down a bid of say 150-200 million? I doubt it.
  • Options

The 1 truly world class player we have. If He wins the golden boot, which looks likely, he'll be wanted by all the top teams across Europe & I can't see him staying at spurs.

Its a shame that Levy is in charge of Spurs as I doubt he'll be able to reject a £200m bid

Despite that amount, they wont be able to replace him there and really want to see him breaking every record in English Football
  • Options

Levy is one of the shrewdest guys in football. No chance he'd sell for 150m.

Think it'd take nearer to 250m for him to consider.
  • Options
    He wants to break Jimmy Graves record, so I reckon he'll stay at Spurs, he's got a massive pay rise with the new contract, his family structure is as important to him as anything else in his life.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

He wants to break Jimmy Graves record, so I reckon he'll stay at Spurs, he's got a massive pay rise with the new contract, his family structure is as important to him as anything else in his life.

Needs at least 3 more seasons to do that. Can't see that record being more important to him than the chance to win leagues and/or the Champions league.

Luckily for Spurs though, there's probably only 3-4 clubs in the world who can afford him and 1 of those would rather have Neymar and another play in a shit league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Rothko said:

Needs at least 3 more seasons to do that. Can't see that record being more important to him than the chance to win leagues and/or the Champions league.

Luckily for Spurs though, there's probably only 3-4 clubs in the world who can afford him and 1 of those would rather have Neymar and another play in a shit league.
    Man City | PSG | Barcelona | Real Madrid being the four?

If so then out of all of them I'd say that Real Madrid are probably the only club suited to him (Dont think he'd even entertain going to the French League) as Man City and Barcelona seem too tippy tappy

He'd be an outstanding replacement / upgrade of Benzema!!
  • Options
    Chunes said:

I wish we created more for him. He's been starved other than penalties.

Happens though - look at Messi & Ronaldo. Mostly have to create their own magic (I know they often drop a lot deeper than Kane, but Kane has had to also, or he'll be man marked and regionally marked by one/two players for the full 90.

His role yesterday was unbelievable, knackering yet still finishes his 2 penalties like calmness personified. Amazing player.
  • Options

Rothko said:

If so then out of all of them I'd say that Real Madrid are probably the only club suited to him (Dont think he'd even entertain going to the French League) as Man City and Barcelona seem too tippy tappy

Swap Barca for Man Utd.

Barca have a stupidly high wages to turnover ratio because of Messi, so i don't think they can go spending 200m+ on one player.

They spent big on Coutinho/Dembele but that was spending the Neymar money.
  • Options
    Even for winning his penalty he was genius.

I've watched it a couple of times and yes he was failed but Kane sort of holds on to him and leaves his body in a way that the fella can do little else but pull him down.

Well played sir.
  • Options

Rothko said:

He would do even better playing for tika taka teams: Barca/City imo he is a natural goalscorer so could just play off the last defender and would be perfect for them.

Best striker in the world at the minute and has a complete game, englands one true world class player.
  • Options
    i'd give him a couple of years, when ronaldo starts creaking and or they get rid of benzema and he'll be at real madrid.