Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton A vs Bolton W | Tues 21st Oct 2014 | Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Wind causes havoc and we nick it 4 - 2
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Funny how it all works. Around a month ago I couldn't wait for this month for fixtures and genuinely thought it was a potential 12 pointer. Now I think we're average and on the decline and Bolton and Fulham are going to get stronger. I don't understand what's going on with Buyens, I've watched him live three times this season and thought he was our best player, I don't go read the match thread and apparently he's poo?

Hope Bob goes for something different tonight and not a boring 442 with Cousins on the wing.

I reckon Dervite will score and won't be surprised if it's a draw. Don't see what's happened to the team that put 3 past Derby.
  • Options
    1-1, Tucudean and Beckford to score in that order.
  • Options
    I'm hoping the Bournemouth defeat will allow the team to play with a bit more freedom now they can forget about remaining unbeaten.
  • Options
    The back five picks itself assuming Solly rested.
    So what works and what doesn't for the front six?
    No Vetokele so like a few others can we please see a 4-2-3-1?
    Bulot rested on Saturday and only seen him twice - peach of a cross the other week for Vetokele so play him out on the left...
    And Cousins more central...
    And a chance for Tucudean to show his stuff, perhaps joined by Bikey later on?

Looking forward to the game and a chance to climb back up the table. Games like tonight define a season and I really hope we like the outcome.
  • Options
    Could be a farce, with the wind making for a scrappy 0-0.

If Yoni Buyens is tired, (in oct) after having two weeks with out a game, there is something very wrong ?.

What Bournemouth showed on Saturday is when you go 1-0 up, you try to get more goals, not sit on what you have.

I thought CP did this too much, and we are still doing this under BP.

is it just in our DNA ?
  • Options
    Tonight will be the same as every other game this season, not a lot between the sides, we'll be tough to score against but won't create much going forward. I'm going for a Tucadean screamer in the 83rd minute to win 1 nil.
  • Options
    1-nil to someone or 1-1. Basically just a poor game.

We've had 5 goals in our last 4 home games, Bolton have scored 1 goal in their last 4 away.. No Igor... bad weather, Tuesday night poor attendance.. it's got all the ingredients for a shitter.

....cue a 3-2 cracker.
  • Options
    Bob has been let down by the owner and basically,with Solly,JBG and Vetokele out, has only 7 players to pick from for the front 6, plus maybe a cameo from Ahearne-Grant. To me it does not matter much what formation 6 of these 7 play in, it is clearly not good enough.If I were Bob i would be getting a bit pissed off with this now.
  • Options
    I have revised my previous prediction of us being rinsed tonight to us just being plain gubbed!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Southbank said:

Bob has been let down by the owner and basically,with Solly,JBG and Vetokele out, has only 7 players to pick from for the front 6, plus maybe a cameo from Ahearne-Grant. To me it does not matter much what formation 6 of these 7 play in, it is clearly not good enough.If I were Bob i would be getting a bit pissed off with this now.

It's Bob's own philosophy to blood the youngsters, hence why he played KAG last week. He can partially blame himself for not getting more back up and trusting our youngsters, some which are good enough but some definitely aren't, and hindsight or not, chucking a boy who's 17 and a couple of weeks for a 90min match away to a very strong Bournemouth side is no way to start a career. I agree with what Bob is saying but then it's the wrong league for a team of it, Igor and Johann were the only two that really stood out game to game, aswell as our CB's, but attacking wise...
  • Options
    Injuries are starting to stretch an already thin and shallow squad.

A barely 17 year old boy can hardly be expected to play a second full 90 minutes in only his second full match so goals, unless Jacko has one of his inspired moments, are pretty much non existent in the team if, as is 99.99999% certain, Igor is missing.

No Solly and probably no Gomez through injury so Lawrie Wilson will have to play at right back which reduces our limited attacking options still further.

I'll be happy with a point in the circumstances against a resurgent team anxious to impress its charismatic new young manager.

0-0 is the best we can hope for. If they score we lose.
  • Options

Southbank said:

It's Bob's own philosophy to blood the youngsters, hence why he played KAG last week. He can partially blame himself for not getting more back up and trusting our youngsters, some which are good enough but some definitely aren't, and hindsight or not, chucking a boy who's 17 and a couple of weeks for a 90min match away to a very strong Bournemouth side is no way to start a career. I agree with what Bob is saying but then it's the wrong league for a team of it, Igor and Johann were the only two that really stood out game to game, aswell as our CB's, but attacking wise...
    It's Roland's philosophy, that Bob has bought into. He wouldn't be in the job otherwise.
  • Options
    Bolton haven't become a good side overnight but I do wish that they and Fulham had retained their under-performing managers for just a little longer. One guy we do need to watch out for at corners is our old friend, Dervite.

Given Igor's absence and the lack of creativity in midfield, it's difficult to see where the goals are coming from, although you never know. It could be a long night.
  • Options
    Looks like we are without Igor & Gudmonsson tonight & if Solly is rested then Wilson will have to play there as Gomez is injured too.

if that is the case then it will be an interesting line up. I'd imagine Bulot playing on one of the wings (left ?) and so Cousins moves to the right with JJ & Buyens in the middle, George & AG up front or will it be a 5 man midfield with Harriott in there & just AG up front on his own......which is scary & doomed from the start.

0-3 with us getting our first shot on target after 75 mins.
  • Options
    Classic golfie.
  • Options
    Vetokele is def out according to Sky Spts
  • Options
    I know he's not brilliant there, but maybe it would be better to play Morrison at RB to free Wilson to play in midfield?
  • Options

This one worried me, Bolton seem to have the new manager 'bounce' wheras our relatively small squad is now feeling the effects of an intense start top the season. I worry about our ability to score goals and we are not able to start with all of our preferred back 4. I am worried that Gudmonson will be rushed back too early and sustain another injury.

1-1 with goals from Tucudean and Dervite header from a set peice.

You sound worried. :-)
  • Options
    Got a feeling there may be a surprise or two, such as Munns starting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Conditions will make it a total lottery. Swirling wind.

Hope George is brought in as KAG will get kicked to pieces by Hill and Dervitte.

Difficult to predict the team, but agree we may see another couple of shocks. Wouldn't be surprised to see Ansah and Munns involved.

Think Bolton will nick it 2-1.
  • Options
    3-1 to Charlton. Wouldn't go if I thought we would lose.
  • Options
    The players will be playing for our unbeaten home record so I cant see a defeat, keep the faith and its a good chance for some of the youth to shine. Fancy one of the youngsters to win us the game
  • Options
    I think that tonight, more than probably lately, the team will need the supporters to get behind them, just like Cardiff's game last season
  • Options
    Henderson; Wilson, Ben Haim, Bikey, Wiggins; Bulot, Cousins, Buyens, Harriott; Moussa; Tucudean

Subs:
    Pope, Morrison, Thomas, Munns, Jackson, Ahearne Grant, Ansah
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Reading from the beginning of the thread, yeah Bikey isn't going to play upfront from the start and it actually is ridiculous to suggest that its an option. Genuinely laughable even. Would imagine it will be the 4-4-1-1 with Tucudean although maybe Karlan would look better alongside a target man I'd be surprised if he got 2 starts in a week.
  • Options

Pope is quite tall. Maybe he's the target man we've been lacking?

Saw him score a cracking overhead kick in the halftime warmup at Welling pre-season match a few seasons ago, Peter Crouch style.
  • Options

Henderson; Wilson, Ben Haim, Bikey, Wiggins; Bulot, Cousins, Buyens, Harriott; Moussa; Tucudean

Subs:
    Pope, Morrison, Thomas, Munns, Jackson, Ahearne Grant, Ansah

Thomas won't be in the squad he played the full 90 minutes yesterday, it will be Fox instead of him. I agree with your line up though.

• Options
    mrbligh said:

every season the whole 'stick a cb up top' madness surfaces, why god damn it? They have played their whole careers at CB for a reason!

Think we played Phil Chapple up front once . . . only once!
  • Options
    Nasty feeling about this one - 0-1