Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Norwich v Charlton post match views 2014/15

Comments

• Options

The view of a bitter Norwich fan:

"Sad when our forum's football intelligentsia can't seem to get their heads around the fact that we were plain ***. Formations and tactics get quoted in order to make excuses for a shoddy Tuesday night defeat against a smaller club that was recently competing in League 1. We're not nearly as good as some of the stream-watching self-professed soccer boffins would have us believe."

I seem to remember playing Norwich in League One not so long ago! And Wednesday and Millwall. Simply doesn't matter does it unless we want to remind them that Jackson was a stalwart of our League 1 team.
    No need to gloat though, just focus on Saturday because that game matters...win that and game on!
  • Options
    Just on the way back with my gutted Norwich mate.

Norwich far better first half but failed to create enough clear cut chances. Bikey and Wiggins outstanding. The three man midfield of JJ yoni and Jordan was much better. Cousins's energy in particular was really noticeable

Second half the game was more open and we got our midfield (a little bit) closer to the tireless Igor (even when he went left wing later on and dispossessed their winger in our corner)

Norwich had some really good chances but they either wasted them or found a save from the excellent Henderson, or a block from our superb central defensive partners.

You can't fault any of our players as they all worked their socks off

JJ getting the winner was the absolute icing on the cake, and the celebration was brilliant

We did an absolute job on them tonight. Viva Big Bob!

Mom Rhoys Wiggins 10/10

KAG looks a real player!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    repost
  • Options
    Delighted! Done my back in celebrating the winner and I'm only 26. Totally worth it though...I think
  • Options
    Seen us dominate teams and get nothing over the years, but this year we seem to be having all those years paid back in one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I know Jackson scored the goal and will probably get most of the love on here, but the defense won us the game tonight.

Henderson, Gomez, Wiggins, Bikey and Ben Haim were all 10/10 tonight. Players like Hoolahan and Redmond will be scoring goals for fun against most other teams in this division, but not ours.

Jackson also did his bit supporting the defence tonight.
    I have been a critic but that was based on what I have seen from him when I've been at live games this season.
    I honestly believe Championship football has stepped up a gear, possibly two over the last season and a half and that is maybe another reason why JJ has not been such an influence on our performances - along with which, as somebody pointed out recently, his game is more about steaming forward and getting on the end of things but his recent role has not allowed much of that - and it has showed.
    Like all CAFC fans, I wish all the players success every game, especially JJ as a great servant to the club.
    Tonight he scored because he got a rare run on goal and gambled - got the deflection, OK but that is one of JJ's strengths- surprised to see how much space he had from start of run to getting his shot away but who's complaining!
  • Options
    In all of world football only Huddersfield have a longer unbeaten record than us now
  • Options
    On the A11 back. It was a smash and grab but it's what we played for. Henderson didn't have that many saves to make and our defence stood firm, Bikey especially stood out.

Vetokele was very, very isolated. We didn't really threaten apart from the period of possession that led to the goal. Wilson played on the left a lot which was weird, he switched a couple of times with Bulot. Wilson looked absolutely knackered at the end, Cousins also ran himself into the ground.

We had a surprisingly good turn out, I reckon 850-900. All in all well worth the £30 a ticket.
  • Options
    Thirteen points clear of the bottom three :-D
  • Options
  • Options
    Is that Big Bob standing in front of the Jimmy Seed on November 22nd ;-)
  • Options

Mountain Bikey !!
  • Options
    unbeaTEN courtesy of @Ollywozere‌
  • Options
    So close to my 4-0 Norwich prediction.

Bring on Brum
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just got home. Great result and tactics were spot on. Norwich dominated possession but was never getting passed our back five. They never really looked like scoring (but then neither did we). After the incident in the first half when Norwich refused to give the ball back they deserved to lose.

Negatives: Igor needs a strike partner he doesn't hold the ball up well and was totally isolated. I don't think we can offer as much on the counter if he continues playing as lone striker. Midfield was a little sloppy and gave the ball away a lot.

Karlan Grant looked very quick and sharp when he came on I expect to see more of him this season.

• Options
    My only post match comment is that I Iove Johnnie Jackson and I F*CKING LOVE CAFC

Bring on the Brum!!!
  • Options
    Brilliant result tonight. Can't say I expected it but then I didn't think we would be unbeaten in the league after 10 games and be in the shake up at the top. All credit to BP and the lads and lets keep it going on Saturday COYR !
  • Options
    Ruddy Hell (again)!
  • Options
    From what I saw on the stream, he looked quite confident and pacey; looking forward to seeing some more of him!

I did laugh when I saw which photo he picked for that tweet though - something tells me this lad has a little bit of confidence and wont be pushed around. What exactly happened at the whistle? I just Big Bobby leading him away, presumably because he wanted to seek out Neil Adams and cause some offence himself..