Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez (ed. ongoing progress)

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2020
    You maybe right. In the back of my mind I thought it had been bought out by Liverpool.
  • Options
    Me with a Premier League winner lol, knew it would be worth taking this picture one day haha

When did Yoni win the Premier League?
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/53206313?__twitter_impression=true

Some rumours that Liverpool are planning a bid for Napoli centre back Koulibaly. If true, not good news for Joe as surely Van Dijk & Koulibaly will be first choice 
    Can't see Liverpool paying that kind of money for him when it would prevent Gomez's chances.

I think City need him more and will therefore push the boat out for him, as long as their European ban doesn't stand.
  • Options
    Me with a Premier League winner lol, knew it would be worth taking this picture one day haha

Long Ties Matter Paulie! 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Thought that was Claus Jensen but yes Yoni would make more sense. 
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Thought that was Claus Jensen but yes Yoni would make more sense. 
    Claus Jensen, Yoni Buyens, Jonny Williams, hair transplant patient Ben Reeves, there must be something about playing as a creative midfielder which makes you go bald  :D
  • Options
    Strange surprising result last night eh. At least it brings Liverpool back down to earth!

Is Gomez the only ex Charlton player who has won both the premier League and champions League?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Joe had a stinker.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Strange surprising result last night eh. At least it brings Liverpool back down to earth!

Is Gomez the only ex Charlton player who has won both the premier League and champions League?

Technically Jesper Blomqvist as well, but he did it before he joined us.
  • Options
    The whole team looked poor. Probably been partying for 3 nights.
  • Options
    Joe was in sleepy mode from the off yesterday. He needs to play each game at 100pc and with 100pc concentration. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Joe was in sleepy mode from the off yesterday. He needs to play each game at 100pc and with 100pc concentration. 
    Just like anyone else playing Man City
  • Options
    They must have been on the piss for 3 days as that was not Liverpool we know. 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8655879/Stuttgart-star-suffers-horrific-broken-elbow-slamming-advertising-hoardings.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=jFLQaR37bpE&feature=emb_logo

Getting a bit of stick on twitter from a little push in a friendly against Stuttgart. Other player went flying into the advertising boards and it later emerged that he broke his elbow from it. 
  • Options
    Typical shoulder barge off the ball, didnt help it was raining 
  • Options
    Typical shoulder barge off the ball, didnt help it was raining 
    Definitely this, and you can see how quickly Joe turns around in surprise when he hears the noise on advertising board. 
  • Options
    Agree....it was no angry Thursday night at Goals shove.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sky Sports reporting that he has suffered a “potentially serious injury” in England training. He doesn’t have much luck on the injury front. Hope it’s not as bad as they are saying. They haven’t said what it is yet.
  • Options
    Sky Sports reporting that he has suffered a “potentially serious injury” in England training. He doesn’t have much luck on the injury front. Hope it’s not as bad as they are saying. They haven’t said what it is yet.
    England training camps are getting as dangerous as Sparrows lane
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Bad news for Liverpool as well, but potentially also bad news for Joe's career there as now was the time for him to really cement his place there in VVD's absence. They will surely bring in someone else in January now
  • Options
    Hope for his sake it's not serious, won't help England either, and Liverpool are already missing Fabinho and VVD
  • Options
    Oh that is bad news. I thought he looked more confident on Sunday against City having had a few iffy games. Hope it's not as bad as rumoured,
  • Options
    wonder if Sterling was involved ?
  • Options
    He does have bad luck with injuries as it's not like he is injury prone (out regularly with another tweak/niggle). They have generally been clatterings or an acl.

Why are the media and camp being so cryptic here?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    He does have bad luck with injuries as it's not like he is injury prone (out regularly with another tweak/niggle). They have generally been clatterings or an acl.

Why are the media and camp being so cryptic here?
    That's what worries me. Reporting an injury and not its seriousness makes me think it could be career threatening. I do hope that this is just me in panic stations though.
  • Options
    Suggestions he's done his ACL. 
  • Options
    I hope so too but my guess is it's ligaments or a broken bone, else why the build up to an evening interview session.