Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez (ed. ongoing progress)

Comments

• Options
    Told you he was a fool to leave.
  • Options
    What an achievement. Well done Joe and impressed to see you starting CB in a team who have blown Man C away by quite some margin.
  • Options
    It is a shame that Covid-19 hit as we could have watched Joe get league title and then play for England in the Euros
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Do we get a bonus for Liverpool winning the league? I'm fairly sure there will be a sell on clause (unless we've sold the sell on clause).

• Options
    Delighted for Joe. Seems a great lad and is always quick to give credit to the club. Deserves his place in a fantastic side and is only going to get better playing more alongside van Dijk.
  • Options
    Would be interesting to know Van Dijk's opinion on who is better, Gomez or De Ligt.
  • Options
    Would be interesting to know Van Dijk's opinion on who is better, Gomez or De Ligt.
    De Ligt surely

Gomez isn't even an automatic starter at the moment at Liverpool
  • Options
    Gomez has just won 3 major footballing trophies and medals, yet the topic turns to De Ligt! 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    PopIcon said:
    Do we get a bonus for Liverpool winning the league? I'm fairly sure there will be a sell on clause (unless we've sold the sell on clause).

Meire would have negotiated the sale on Charlton's behalf, so the spoils of Joe's League success are considerable: Meire herself gets the bragging rights in the Belgian media for us having seen a Premiership star of tomorrow,  today. Yesterday. Mowgli gets to upgrade his cv, his Championship Manager status and his collection of Pokemon Shinies; when he meets up with his Larpin mates he can boast that he once shook Joe's hand and without his input Joe Would probably have wound up playing for Dulwich Hamlet. Meanwhile, her friend Sue gets immunity from Covid, free entry to any Premiership game of her choice and a napkin stuffed full of vol-au-vents to eat on the way home. The club receives a hefty financial windfall, almost enough to fill up a Range Rover with diesel. It's a wonderful life.

Well done Joe. Fantastic stuff!
  • Options
    I still can't believe we sold him for 3.5M. I knew when I first saw him as a sixteen year old that he would go on to better things. I was hoping it would be with us. Well done Joe and well done Liverpool.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    De Ligt surely

When he's been fit he's been 1st choice
  • Options
    I think Charlton got £250k when he got his first England cap, I wonder if the club the had the same amount in the transfer deal for winning the premier league?
  • Options
    Southampton smart enough to put add on’s in sale contracts but did we?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/06/26/southampton-poised-cash-liverpools-premier-league-title-win/

• Options
    Championship clubs Hull and Charlton are also in line for payments as part of the transfers that took Andrew Robertson and Joe Gomez to Merseyside, respectively.
  • Options
    De Ligt surely

Indeed he is. In fact the team that started against Palace is their strongest and contains the X1 that have started the most PL games this season. He offers pace and allows TAA to operate as a winger in all but name.

Here's a stat though - in the 28 games that Joe has started in the PL over the course of  the last two season Liverpool have conceded just 8 goals and only once did they concede twice in a game. You don't tend to lose many matches doing that and this record compares favourably with their overall PL against tally this season of conceding 21 in 31 matches.

It is hard for him to do so given that he doesn't go up for set pieces but wouldn't it be great to see him score his very first goal for club and country?
  • Options
    De Ligt surely

I'd argue that him and Matip are pretty level. Matip started the season in front of Gomez, but then picked up a bad injury allowing Joe back in

Obviously Lovren is 4th choice
  • Options
    Gomez bonus to us £2M apparently 
  • Options
    De Ligt surely

I'd argue that him and Matip are pretty level. Matip started the season in front of Gomez, but then picked up a bad injury allowing Joe back in

Obviously Lovren is 4th choice
    Gomez had only just returned from injury at the end of last season, letting Matip in.
  • Options
    Source?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big bonus to Charlton. Roland put in a very good clause. 
    Spoke to Lawrie Wilson years ago and he said this guy will play for England no doubt. 
    Still sold him cheap!! Same old Charlton 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    If that’s  true it’s something for the sticky fingers crew to get amongst in our bank account
  • Options
    If true then probably contributed to Morgan and Davison contract. Put the rest towards Matthews, Green, Williams and Naby extensions.
  • Options
    How do we keep the money for the club. Not off to Roland or another chancer owner.
  • Options
    No way.... We were that clever to put a clause like that in?

Amazing if true and amazing at probably how quick the money will dissappear... 
  • Options
    No way.... We were that clever to put a clause like that in?

Amazing if true and amazing at probably how quick the money will dissappear... 
    It’s a standard clause and probably accepted as not expected to pay out. 
    It’s been 30 years since Liverpool won the league so think of the miss rate on the pay out! 
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/53206313?__twitter_impression=true

Some rumours that Liverpool are planning a bid for Napoli centre back Koulibaly. If true, not good news for Joe as surely Van Dijk & Koulibaly will be first choice