Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez (ed. ongoing progress)

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2019
    To add to this, on MOTD2 Keown said that Southgate doesn't seem to want to play him, but Southgate prefers to play those who appear regularly for their club - if Gomez keeps his place then surely he makes the Euros ahead of the likes of Keane
  • Options
    TAA and Gomez should be two of the first names on the England team sheet. Future bodes well.
  • Options
    Maguire should not even be in contention for an England place
  • Options
    Maguire should not even be in contention for an England place
    Who instead?

Come with solutions, not just problems. 
  • Options

I am with Martin Keown - the young man is beginning to move to another level. His positioning is sharper which with his easy movement, balance and pace means he is starting to completely shut down goal scoring opportunities. Equally his passing is so much crisper, accurate and has greater penetration than earlier in the season.

Is he always going to dominate aerially? Probably not but he will always be in a position to compete and block.

Has looked really good in recent games. His confidence is growing all the time. A real pleasure to watch.

• Options
    Just put him back in my dream team, 5.1 mil bargain.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One goal conceded in nine matches since he rejoined the starting XI. Just in time to push for the Euro 2020 squad.
  • Options
    I questioned Joe's progress a couple of weeks ago. Watched him on TV against Everton today and he was superb. Without VVD in the team and the rest of the back 4 all even younger than himself, Joe really stepped up to control the defence.
  • Options
    He left years ago... why the obsession? 
  • Options
    Did he take over as captain today when Milner went off?
  • Options
    He left years ago... why the obsession? 
    Will you be changing your name when Nabby gets snapped up by Barcelona this transfer window?
  • Options
    Did he take over as captain today when Milner went off?
    No, Lallana did
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He just looked so accomplished in those games for us, at such a young age, whether at right-back or centre-back.
    I hope that he goes on to become a great. Something of which every Charlton fan can be proud. 

• Options
    I like to follow his progress but I do get the impression that the Charlton connection has been airbrushed from his history.

Whether that is lazy journalism or his own instigation who can tell?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    I like to follow his progress but I do get the impression that the Charlton connection has been airbrushed from his history.

Whether that is lazy journalism or his own instigation who can tell?
    I don't see that Joe has had any hand in denying his roots. I would certainly blame that on lazy journalism.
    As long as other clubs remember from which academy he came is all that matters. 
  • Options
    Watch his youtube clips and you will notice a lot of love for Charlton and even.....Catford :) 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Joe is proud of where he came from. It’s just lazy journalism that forgets the past
    Funny you should say that... Just gone on the BBC Sport Daily live text thingy

I've shortened it down to cut out the needless crap

"Just how good were Neco Williams and Harvey Elliott... What a production line"

How the hell can Harvey Elliott be part of the production line??? - He was @ Fulham six months ago!!

He's no different to signing a 34-year old, certainly aint someone they've produced!!
  • Options
    He should have stayed lol.