Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Press Day Today (24th Aug, page 31)

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2015

and unlike us they are a well run club

You base this on?
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    You base this on?
    I guess it could be based on the fact that Bournemouth have spent rather a lot of money, its got them into the Premier League yet if their rich owner walks away then they truly could be Portsmouthed
  • Options

and unlike us they are a well run club

You base this on?

not wearing blinkers
  • Options
    Any news on today's press conference, or is it still waiting to take place?
  • Options
    CAFC snapchat shows the interview taking place.
  • Options
    It took place but under a new edict issued by the Belgian mafia all attendees were shot after, excepting anyone who is from Belgium of course or we would be looking for another manager!
  • Options
    Just hope another question about his Job Title isn't asked again today...

Getting tired of it to be honest
  • Options
    Sole quote that I can find...

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 2h2 hours ago
    KF | "Chris Solly has been part of training all week. He is fit. Igor, Ahmed and Cristian are still injured. #cafc
  • Options
    Solly fit; Kashi, Ceballos, and Vetokele not. Want to make it three on the bounce. Not much else...
  • Options
    Reckon Tarieq will drop back to the bench for this one then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

wouldn't bank on it. has put in two good performances and Solly was dire in his two last games so not nailed on he'll return imo
  • Options

Just hope another question about his Job Title isn't asked again today...

Getting tired of it to be honest

Employing an interim manager for an unspecified amount of time will mean that the question gets asked a lot.

Especially when there's a feeling that the interim tag may not last forever and the club are on a winning run.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Anyone is a step up from Luzon.

Who also shouldn't have been appointed in the first place. The same as Peeters, and the same as Fraeye.
    But they happened, he happened ... Support the team and he manager, not the owners.
    I'll support the players. That's it.
  • Options
    Does anyone really believe we were in for Kermorgant?
  • Options

wouldn't bank on it. has put in two good performances and Solly was dire in his two last games so not nailed on he'll return imo
    Didnt the players say that they felt that Chris Solly is one of the best in the Division at Right-Back though, we're just the fans so we're not going to see what happens in training everyday so like Cousins I do believe he'll take his place back.
  • Options

Yeh. Bournemouth blocked it.
  • Options
    Is anything ever asked about Lookman and his Contract situation?
  • Options

THD to put pressure on Fox for the left back slot?

I think he's more likely to start with Fox on the left. With the new system the left back doesn't get as much help from the midfield so there is more pressure defensively. Whilst Fox isn't the most eye catching going forward, he'll be seen as a fit lad and reliable defender.

For me the two team questions are Solly or THD on the right and Reza or Lookman up top with Big Mak?

• Options

I used to believe in Father Christmas and the Tooth Fairy :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

THD to put pressure on Fox for the left back slot?

I think he's more likely to start with Fox on the left. With the new system the left back doesn't get as much help from the midfield so there is more pressure defensively. Whilst Fox isn't the most eye catching going forward, he'll be seen as a fit lad and reliable defender.

For me the two team questions are Solly or THD on the right and Reza or Lookman up top with Big Mak?

Cousins or Ba?
  • Options
    With Ba and Solly back, and Reza and Vaz Te both fit to start on Saturday, we actually have a much stronger looking squad now... until the next injory of course
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

Yeh. Bournemouth blocked it.
    I wonder how serious our offer was and if he'd want to come back here. Why were his wages deemed too expensive when he left but his Premier Leafue salary is now affordable? I smell a PR stunt.
  • Options
    It makes no sense for Bournemouth to loan any player out at the moment, with their long injury list, so the whole thing is odd
  • Options

It makes no sense for Charlton to loan any player out at the moment, with their long injury list, so the whole thing is odd. But we did!

• Options
    Fraeye fielded the Watt questions like a politician. There is little to suggest that Fraeye is stupid, whatever his ability as a manager. I also think he is putting the hours in.
    The oddest thing was his response regarding his Christmas plans. It was as if he does not realise he will be at it non stop over Christmas and the New Year, mind you it was an odd line of questioning too.
  • Options
    was there one today and if so what news please
  • Options

2:01 PM - 17 Dec 2015

Twitter
    Olly Groome (OG)

@CAFCofficial

PRESS DAY | Karel Fraeye has arrived for his pre-@BurnleyOfficial press conference at Sparrows Lane #cafc http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWbsW78WoAAlWdC.jpg
  • Options
    2:02 PM - 17 Dec 2015

Twitter
    Olly Groome (OG)

@CAFCofficial

KF | "@BurnleyOfficial are a very good side. A lot of them have played together for a long time; very consistent team. #cafc