Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton skipper will travel to Brighton with squad and is in contention to play, says Fraeye

Johnnie Jackson's injury is not as severe as was first feared. If he's not fit to play against Brighton, he will travel with the team to offer his support.

Full story:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/14122241.Charlton_skipper_will_travel_to_Brighton_with_squad_and_could_feature__says_Fraeye/

Misfiring Charlton striker not helped by officials during Ipswich loss, says Fraeye:

Full quotes:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/14122438.Misfiring_Charlton_striker_not_helped_by_poor_officials__says_Fraeye/

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2015
    I think I speak for all Lifers when I say thank f**k for that. Even if he's only "in contention" he should be fit to come on in the 85th and score a winner.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    "Obviously it’s the 5th of December, a very important day so we hope the Charlton God’s help us on Saturday and maybe we can be the first team to beat Brighton."

He knows our history! Wonder if he's told KM :wink:
  • Options
    andyg90 said:

I think I speak for all Lifers when I say thank f**k for that. Even if he's only "in contention" he should be fit to come on in the 85th and score a consolation goal once we're 4-0 down.

• Options
    stonemuse said:

"Obviously it’s the 5th of December, a very important day so we hope the Charlton God’s help us on Saturday and maybe we can be the first team to beat Brighton."

He knows out history, but someone at the News Shopper doesn't know the correct use of the apostrophe :smile:
  • Options

stonemuse said:

He knows out history, but someone at the News Shopper doesn't know the correct use of the apostrophe :smile:
    'out' ?

:wink:
  • Options
    First rule of correcting typos/spelling/grammar is to not get it wrong yourself :-)
  • Options
    good news .. Jackson this season is like glue .. the team sticks together when he's on the field
  • Options
    Maybe we should have signed that ex Palace kid John Bostik!!
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Am I right in think we've never lost on December 5th (at least since back to the Valley day)?

I suspect another negative first is coming the way of these owners.
  • Options
    andyg90 said:

I think I speak for all Lifers when I say thank f**k for that. Even if he's only "in contention" he should be fit to come on in the 85th and score a winner.

Not quite all, I can think of at least on lifer who will be happy if he doesn't ever play for us again : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great news that Jacko's travelling.

But if he's got any sort of hamstring niggle, he'd be bonkers to rush himself back so quickly.
    Maybe if he was 23 he might just get away with it, but older players take a little longer to heal properly.

Getting a win and 3 points would be terrific - but it's unlikely at Brighton.

We've got a busy period coming up, playing teams in and around us in the table, let alone the Xmas period.
    That's when we need a fully fit Jacko, playing in those 6 pointers.

Take a leaf out of Jose Riga's book, Mr Fraeye - make sure you play our strongest team for the must win matches.

• Options
    andyg90 said:

I think I speak for all Lifers when I say thank f**k for that.

Sorry for quoting this again but I really don't think you do. *CoughColinCough*
  • Options

andyg90 said:

Not quite all, I can think of at least on lifer who will be happy if he doesn't ever play for us again : - )
    I reckon Colin is in fact a Norwich fan (strong East Anglian name is Colin) and he still holds a grudge against Jacko for his smash n grab at Carrow Road, ergo not a real Lifer ;)
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

But if he's got any sort of hamstring niggle, he'd be bonkers to rush himself back so quickly.
    Maybe if he was 23 he might just get away with it, but older players take a little longer to heal properly.

We've got a busy period coming up, playing teams in and around us in the table, let alone the Xmas period.

Take a leaf out of Jose Riga's book, Mr Fraeye - make sure you play our strongest team for the must win matches.

I wondered what Andy Townsend was doing these days.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Brighton unbeaten all season...you just know that it'll Charlton who are going to spoil an awful lot of home bankers & accumulators this weekend!!! :smiley:
  • Options

stonemuse said:

How do you cope with the stress if something serious happens?
  • Options
    Let us hope big Mak's wife has abstained from sex again this week, as last time she did, he was MOM
  • Options

stonemuse said:

How do you cope with the stress if something serious happens?
    By correcting punctuation and misspelling "our"!

LuaLua is still out for Brighton which is good, as he's always done well against us in the past
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    ross1 said:

Let us hope big Mak's wife has abstained from sex again this week, as last time she did, he was MOM

Too late. We had a great night.

Edit: with his missus not the err.....big guy himself.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TelMc32 said:

Oggy Red said:

Brighton unbeaten all season...you just know that it'll Charlton who are going to spoil an awful lot of home bankers & accumulators this weekend!!! :smiley:
    We're 6-1 at Ladbrokes, worth a tenner?
  • Options
    definitely at that price.
  • Options
    I have a weird feeling this is all about getting us ready for him becoming Karel Smilie's replacement.

Message to Katrien: Not needed. Just do it, already!
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Am I right in think we've never lost on December 5th (at least since back to the Valley day)?

I suspect another negative first is coming the way of these owners.

Since 5th December 1992, and not including it, we have played six times on that date and lost just once, away at Blackburn. We have won the other five without even conceding. Of those, four were 1-0 wins with the exception being 2-0 away at Millwall in the snow. Two of the wins were away at Palace and Chelsea. The other two were home wins against Blackburn and Southend. Of the six four have been away from home. What happened at Blackburn I don't know. If we get a result tomorrow it will be because the footballing God's are looking down on us on our special day. Tempted to go now ....