Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Press Day Today (24th Aug, page 31)

Comments

• Options
    I thought he came across well in that interview, far better than Luzon ever has. The mystery to me is why he hasn't been involved with us previously, he could have stayed on when Riga left and been part of Peeters' coaching team, he could have been worked with Luzon.

I take the emphasis on toughness is making us hard to beat again, as our last 2 home games we had a really soft underbelly...
  • Options
    Middlesboro will still whack us.
  • Options

I thought he came across well in that interview, far better than Luzon ever has. The mystery to me is why he hasn't been involved with us previously, he could have stayed on when Riga left and been part of Peeters' coaching team, he could have been worked with Luzon.

I take the emphasis on toughness is making us hard to beat again, as our last 2 home games we had a really soft underbelly...

Maybe Peeters picked his own coaching team.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    He talks a good story and fills me with much more confidence than Luzon did in his first interview, but we know that the biggest issue we have is NOT the manager. I'm sure the new coaching team will give it their all, but is that going to fill the cracks of a thin squad with limited quality?
  • Options
    good interview. I hope it bodes well and of course he has my full support and look we aren't going to change much of what is happening at present so fight only the battles you can win and accept defeat in the ones you know you cant; it wont be the result i shall look to on sat ; it will be the performance.
  • Options
    I must say he does come across very well.
  • Options

.....for a manager from division three in Belgium.
  • Options

He speaks so well and is able to be knowledgeable about us, the Championship, our opponents and the players etc.... I wonder why they did not just do a press conference in front of the media?

I have just come in from the Trust AGM and watched that. I wondered the same thing, what would've been so bad about letting the general media in on a normal press day? He could easily say that he can't comment on recent events having only just arrived, he seems smart enough to be able to avoid the awkward stuff, especially in his first week.

The only other explanation might be with practicalities, like he wouldn't be available when the media turn up or some such thing. I can't see the need for any Ministry of Propaganda stuff.
  • Options

He talks a good story and fills me with much more confidence than Luzon did in his first interview, but we know that the biggest issue we have is NOT the manager. I'm sure the new coaching team will give it their all, but is that going to fill the cracks of a thin squad with limited quality?

No
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The contrived nature of the interview is summed up by the calling of the Wednesday game massive, with a grin to those of camera
  • Options
    We need to toughen up! Is that even possible in today's game and still retain 11 men on the pitch? Maybe he means we need to be better organised, because I can guarantee it will take no more than two slightly mistimed "tough" tackles by the same player and it will be game over again.
  • Options
    He can speak cling-on for all I care, let's see how he gets the players playing.
  • Options
    I think I heard him talking about red wine.

Not sure what the pub landlord would think of that, but think I can guess.

Thinking outside the box of wine? Should help with the smiles though.
  • Options

He mentioned that he was at the club LAST week, a bit of backstabbing going on here methinks.

He then comes out with that he reckons he has seen ALL our games since he went back to Belgium in May 2014, load of s***.

Him and Roland would meet up and watch the stream from under a blanket together.
  • Options
    Why is he talking about Sheff Wed?

We must have interviewed all the candidates and appointed one by then. In fact I am expecting to see the appointed one sitting in the stands watching tomorrow.

Has no one told the kid he is only the interim? They only let managers do press conferences son!
  • Options
    Is Edward Scissorhands the new video editor? You can't cutaway to the same person from a slightly different angle. Maybe if you go black and white, or frame in the other camera.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

.....for a manager from division three in Belgium.
    Can we confirm, that he just did some coaching there and was not the manager ?
    I thought his main job was scouting for CAFC ?

• Options
    Presumably it will happen today, now Fraeye is so firmly embedded.
  • Options
    Yup it's on later.
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

Who's LT?

Lieutenant
  • Options
    No pictures can be found of his significant other.

She won't be Dana so.....

Sack Him.
  • Options

PRESSDAY | Interim Head Coach Karel Fraeye is speaking to the media ahead of Saturday's game with @swfc #cafc pic.twitter.com/7jkVLOKtY6

— Charlton Athletic FC (@CAFCofficial) November 5, 2015
  • Options

Fraeye: Cousins will not feature on Saturday, Gudmundsson is a major doubt. #cafc

— News Shopper Sport (@NewsShopperSprt) November 5, 2015
  • Options
    Jeez, do we have enough players to cover them or we will start with 9 men?
  • Options
    edited November 2015
  • Options
    So that's why Jason Euell is now involved - it will basically be the U21 team on Saturday!