Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Press Day Today (24th Aug, page 31)

1262728293032»

Comments

• Options

Not sure if I missed it but KR has said our squad is good enough for automatic promotion already

Despite saying we needed 3-4 signings recently.

Of course it's good enough. It would be unacceptable if that was not achieved this season.
  • Options

Not sure if I missed it but KR has said our squad is good enough for automatic promotion already

Despite saying we needed 3-4 signings recently.

I hadn't seen that. I don't like the bloke, so I don't give him any leeway. However, this is surely is just getting your excuses in place for inevitable failure further down the line:

"Play-offs? If that team stays fit, they should 100% be good enough to win promotion. We have to keep them fit. If we have a year when we have injuries and a difficult time and fixtures pile up, then maybe not. Things that are out of our control are the other reasons we should fall short."

Every team, every year has injuries. I agree that we have a good first eleven, certainly good enough to challenge for promotion. We had a good first eleven the year we got relegated. It's a squad game, everyone knows that.

If Magennis, Holmes, Fosu and Solly all get injured at the same time then that counts as "things that are out of our control". If Magennis gets injured and our season disintegrates because we haven't got any senior strikers to cover while he's out then that's because you're ill-prepared and have completely underestimated the strength in depth you need to compete across the whole season.
  • Options

The comment about them changing shape to counter us, rather than the other way round, is one I really like. We should be going into games with that sort of mindset, and it's a long way from Slade's hideous defensive set ups last year. On the flip side, the idea that they will know all our calls and set piece routines is concerning, almost like the excuses are being put up before the game. Surely we could have prepared some stuff Barker won't have any knowledge of?
    because knowing the other team really helped when we played MK Dons at the Valley in April
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Did he draw breath during those 40mins?
  • Options
    Solly has now gone on a three month loan deal to the News Shopper
  • Options
    Nug said:

Should we surmise that Fleetwood, Oxford, Southend etc etc have 2 quality players in each position in their squads? Absolute tosh as usual. 20 mins of utter bullshit. For someone who's so convinced he knows what to do he better hurry up and start doing it before Douchebag pulls the trigger and Groundhog Day starts all over again.

@Nug he's survived!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Nug said:

Should we surmise that Fleetwood, Oxford, Southend etc etc have 2 quality players in each position in their squads? Absolute tosh as usual. 20 mins of utter bullshit. For someone who's so convinced he knows what to do he better hurry up and start doing it before Douchebag pulls the trigger and Groundhog Day starts all over again.

@Nug he's survived!
    Eh?
  • Options
    Nug said:

JamesSeed said:

Nug said:

@Nug he's survived!
    Eh?
    He wasn't sacked.
    Was just trawling this old thread, and it's interesting to see how opinions are shifting about KR