Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Legia Warsaw 4 - 1 Celtic - Celtic Go Through

Comments

• Options
    The only error was by Legia Warsaw.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Oh well they'll just have to go out next round.
  • Options
    Very well put MF.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

C***S

Hmmm, not sure. Is the answer "CELTS"?? :)
  • Options
    Regrettably MF, I suspect that you've given a great deal more consideration to the appropriateness of Legia's punishment, the possible alternative sanctions and the potential consequences of each one than UEFA ever would.
  • Options
    MFN, one of the best posts I have read in a while on CL (although as I spend so much time reading the rubbish on the rumours thread maybe that is not the high praise it should be).
  • Options
    As they left him off their team list, I presume another player was added to the team list.
    How do we know that player was not one of the goalscorers in the previous game.

Got no affiliation to Celtic, I just think playing an ineligble player is unforgivable and standard punishment is forfeiture.
  • Options
    JOL, would they not have had that other player if they'd registered him as suspended properly?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    what would have happened if Celtic had lost the first leg 4-0 but were winning the second leg 5-0 and this fella comes on ... they are then awarded the game 3-0 but go out

• Options

JOL, would they not have had that other player if they'd registered him as suspended properly?

I dont think so - think there is a limit to amount that are registered (suspended or not) so by not including him among the registered players for those matches, another player has filled that spot.

There are probably some more in the know fans who have followed this closer than I have, but that was my understanding.

• Options
    Ah right, cheers.
  • Options
    Evening UEFA. Can we play our "Joker" please?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Evening UEFA. Can we play our "Joker" please?

I guess it's a form of justice.
  • Options
    Don't get excited. Maribors cleaning lady was unregistered. Welcome back bhoys.
  • Options
    Back into the Europa, where they could play...Legia Warsaw!!!
  • Options
    I might write to UEFA. Massive injustice on the part of Celtic not to qualify for CL. Reasons behind this. One, the Scottish football league has become so shit that Celtic now have to go through an extra qualifying round. Why should Celtic suffer because they win their league by a billion points now instead of a million. Two, this talk of Scottish independence has obviously sidetracked them. When June Sarpong says Scotland should stay in the union, that's a powerful force essentially hanging over every Scot's head. All involved in the club are thinking, 'fuck, what will June do if we leave'. Training is affected. People can't concentrate etc. Thirdly, Samaras has chosen to stay a free agent, out of work, rather than re-sign. Emotionally that's a kick in the teeth.

• Options
    (Smug chortle)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And yet they flounce off to play a lucrative friendly rather than their first match of the season. Further devalue a decent league that they and their partners in grime have dismantled with their tawdry cheating over the years. You get the co-efficient you deserve, dirtbags.
  • Options
    That is incredible
  • Options
    Fines on the way for Legia for having all those flares.
  • Options
    Thought that was Selhurst Park!
  • Options
    Be interesting if Legia draw Celtic in the Europa League.
  • Options
    I see Legia have now been charged by UEFA
  • Options

I see Legia have now been charged by UEFA

Yes. And what will they be charged with? Is it racist? No. Does it incite violence? No. Is it fair comment, even if you don't agree? Yes

Disgraceful from UEFA

• Options
    No doubt it will be 'Bringing the game into disrepute'. As if UEFA don't do that perfectly well on their own!