Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2014/2015 Weekly betting thread

Comments

• Options
    @Bedsaddick When you have a bet on the exchange how much do Betfair take for themselves. or in other words if I had a tenner at 94-1 how much would I win. Cheers
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

@Bedsaddick When you have a bet on the exchange how much do Betfair take for themselves. or in other words if I had a tenner at 94-1 how much would I win. Cheers

They take a 5% cut from the winnings . If you had a tenner 94-1 you would win £940 of which you would pay £47 commission.

If you are not already a member and are thinking of joining . put in this code 4NXVYDFMK when you join and you will get £25 free but don't tell everyone ;-).
  • Options
    And what bonus do you get for that code Beds?
  • Options

Nicholas said:

They take a 5% cut from the winnings . If you had a tenner 94-1 you would win £940 of which you would pay £47 commission.

If you are not already a member and are thinking of joining . put in this code 4NXVYDFMK when you join and you will get £25 free but don't tell everyone ;-).
    Thanks for that Beds and I'm already a member though. Hoe many free bets you managed to get from putting that code on here. Wish I thought of it first :)

• Options
    Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Thanks for that Beds and I'm already a member though. Hoe many free bets you managed to get from putting that code on here. Wish I thought of it first :)

lol just one i think.
  • Options
    lol thats poor you have been putting that code on here for a couple of years now :)
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

lol thats poor you have been putting that code on here for a couple of years now :)

Longer than that. they are all a bunch of tight gits on here!
  • Options
    Hampshire to beat Essex tonight. 11-8

Celtic v KR Reykjavik under 2.5 goals 2-1

Just over 5-1 for the double.
  • Options
    Man City
    Fulham
    Preston
    Northampton

50p E/w lucky 15. £15 stake returns £4200
  • Options
    what were the bookie's predictions the year we ran away with league one?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

what were the bookie's predictions the year we ran away with league one?

All I remember was we was 10-1 as me and my old man had £150 on us to win it.

• Options

Hampshire to beat Essex tonight. 11-8

Celtic v KR Reykjavik under 2.5 goals 2-1

Just over 5-1 for the double.

Bloody Jocks!
  • Options
    Southampton 7/1 to be relegated from the prem. Lost key players and a new manager unfamiliar with the premiership.
  • Options
    Thought I would have a punt on some of the friendly games tonight.

Swansea to beat Exeter
    Rotherham to beat Alfreton
    Brum to beat Notts County
    Bournemouth to beat Pompey

All teams I have chosen are away.

15/2
  • Options
    Charlton top half - 100/30
    Man Utd top 4 - 1/2
    Preston top 6 - 5/6
    Luton promoted - 15/8
    Ebbsfleet Champions - 3/1

£20 returns £2,750
  • Options

Southampton 7/1 to be relegated from the prem. Lost key players and a new manager unfamiliar with the premiership.

Got on today. Best now 5s with betfred (I think but not 100% sure because odds checker playing up).
  • Options

Got on today. Best now 5s with betfred (I think but not 100% sure because odds checker playing up).
    If Koeman can get some of his targets i think they will be fine.

Vlaar and Rojo are his first two.
  • Options
    Norwich for me top 6 at 6/5 seems good, Neil Adams means business this pre season and their squad and backing they've had financially is second to none. Players like Hoolahan have done it all before, they'll make play offs minimum
  • Options

They were 14s a week or so ago, feel like I've missed the boat.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    What is the fascination with Luton going up this season? Have they spent big this summer. Everyone seems to be backing them this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Southampton wont go down, comfy mid table finish for them.
  • Options
    Yann Kermorgant is 50/1 to be Championship top scorer on Bet 365. Looking at his goalscoring form from when he joined them (9 goals in 15 league games, plus 5-6 goals in pre season), has to be worth a few bob.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

What is the fascination with Luton going up this season? Have they spent big this summer. Everyone seems to be backing them this season.

Think it's just because there's a long history of clubs coming up from the Conference and getting promoted again the following season, combined with the fact that, after Pompey, Luton are one of the biggest clubs in that division. Reckon if you'd stuck an each way bet on a promoted Conference side to go up again every season for the last 10-15 years you'd be significantly up by now (presuming that you didn't squander all your winnings on something else!)
  • Options
    cafctom said:

The man who cant be named is 50/1 to be Championship top scorer on Bet 365. Looking at his goalscoring form from when he joined them (9 goals in 15 league games, plus 5-6 goals in pre season), has to be worth a few bob.

Fixed it for ya
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

They signed Wellings striker so they are laughing!
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Nicholas said:

Think it's just because there's a long history of clubs coming up from the Conference and getting promoted again the following season, combined with the fact that, after Pompey, Luton are one of the biggest clubs in that division. Reckon if you'd stuck an each way bet on a promoted Conference side to go up again every season for the last 10-15 years you'd be significantly up by now (presuming that you didn't squander all your winnings on something else!)
    Actually, think I might have to move into the "Annoying Myths Thread". Out of 35 teams promoted over the last 25 years, only 8 have gone straight up again, 3 of those as Champions. Not that impressive. Luton are doomed.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Betvictor now have us at 15/4 to finish in the top half - a slight improvement on Skybet's 7/2.

Got a tenner on it anyway.

I've also put Sheffield United and Derby to win their respective leagues at 53/1 on bet365
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Yann Kermorgant is 50/1 to be Championship top scorer on Bet 365. Looking at his goalscoring form from when he joined them (9 goals in 15 league games, plus 5-6 goals in pre season), has to be worth a few bob.

Move on.
  • Options
    I'm on this seven-fold that won't win...

Man U 5/1
    Sheff Utd 11/2
    Portsmouth 10/1
    Celtic 1/50
    Rangers 4/11
    Bayern Munich 1/6
    Real Madrid 5/6
    Maidstone 10/1
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Thought I would have a punt on some of the friendly games tonight.

Swansea to beat Exeter
    Rotherham to beat Alfreton
    Brum to beat Notts County
    Bournemouth to beat Pompey

All teams I have chosen are away.

15/2

Nice one mate.