Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2014/2015 Weekly betting thread

Thought I would start this years one off.

Not all the odds are out but thought I would mention some of the Charlton based odds.

To win the League 66/1 various bookmakers but you can get bigger on Betfair Exchange.

Promotion you can get as big as 20/1

Top 6 finish is 10/1

Relegation is around the 11/4 mark but you can get 3/1 with Sky bet. We are Currently joint third favs to go down. Blackpool favs and Scum 2ns favs

Top Goalscorer - only a few sites have given odds at the minute but Vetokele stands out as a massive 150/1 with BET365 obviously we don't know too much about him yet but I think its def worth a punt.
Reza is also 150/1 and so is Church.

Good luck all hopefully we can all pick a few winners this season. COYR

Comments

• Burnley, Blackpool , Crewe, Morecambe to win their leagues pays around 12 billion to one (that's not made up either)

It will probably have more chance of coming in than any of my serious bets!
  • Nightmare season treble: Palace stay up, Millwall promoted, Charlton relegated - 169/1
    Dream season treble: Palace down, Millwall down, Charlton up - 294/1
  • I think we should do the dream bet as a charity bet, even if everyone donated £1, winnings to charity.
  • I think we should do the dream bet as a charity bet, even if everyone donated £1, winnings to charity.

sounds good to me.
  • edited July 2014

I think we should do the dream bet as a charity bet, even if everyone donated £1, winnings to charity.

Hmmm, nice idea although it seems a bit of a waste of money to stick a big wedge on it - after all, there is only a 1 in 294 chance of it coming in. If there was a genuine interest in doing a big charity bet then I'd say put no more than £20 (which would return a tasty £5900) on the dream treble and then maybe put whatever else people put in on something else - a spreadbet on Charlton's total points at the end of the season for example.
  • Charlton to win league 80/1 on betvictor.

• Yesterday I saw 7/2 for us just to finish in the top half
  • I got 14/1 on us for promotion. Haven't seen 20s anywhere.
  • shine166 said:

Charlton to win league 80/1 on betvictor.

Bet Victor cut the odds yesterday we are now 66s with them

I got 14/1 on us for promotion. Haven't seen 20s anywhere.

You can get 20s with Bet365, Bet Victor amd William Hill

• Nicholas said:

shine166 said:

Charlton to win league 80/1 on betvictor.

Bet Victor cut the odds yesterday we are now 66s with them

I got 14/1 on us for promotion. Haven't seen 20s anywhere.

You can get 20s with Bet365, Bet Victor amd William Hill

Cheers.
  • Sponsored links:

• First Premier League Manager to get sacked/leave his current position:

Alan Irvine is favourite at 4/1, Pardew at 6/1 is also amongst the favourites. Very difficult market to call, but I reckon the following could be worth a couple of quid:

Tony Pulis - 25/1 - won't get sacked but seems to have an uneasy relationship with Parish. Could walk if he's not happy with the business they've done by the end of the transfer window.

Mark Hughes - 33/1 - manages the occasional average to good season, such as last year, but more than capable of taking a good team into the relegation zone.

Pochettino - 25/1 - employed by a trigger happy egomaniac. Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man U and Everton all look good to finish above them and Mad Daniel won't be happy if their outside the top 6 at the start of November.
  • One for the betting experts...... Golf related.

If a bookie is offering to pay out 7 places on the first round of a major and there are 15 golfers that finish in joint 7th. Do they pay out on 21 golfers? (the other 6 being the top 6)???????
  • Yesterday I saw 7/2 for us just to finish in the top half

I've put a tenner on us with SkyBet at 7/2.
  • man utd, Fulham, sheff utd & Lutun @ 4,000/1

charlton to get promoted @ 20/1
  • L Block said:

man utd, Fulham, sheff utd & Lutun @ 4,000/1

Cracking bet at those odds. Presume you can do some sort of each-way accumulator?
  • MrLargo said:

L Block said:

man utd, Fulham, sheff utd & Lutun @ 4,000/1

Cracking bet at those odds. Presume you can do some sort of each-way accumulator?

Yer I had the same with betvictor £2.50 ew returns around £9400. Man utd are currently 11/2
  • L Block said:

man utd, Fulham, sheff utd & Lutun @ 4000/1

I'm amazed at those odds. Bookies are no fools. What's the big outsider there then? Presumably, Luton. I have no idea whether they are going to struggle this year but I assume that must be the case.
  • L Block said:

I'm amazed at those odds. Bookies are no fools. What's the big outsider there then? Presumably, Luton. I have no idea whether they are going to struggle this year but I assume that must be the case.
    Shocked me too. 3400-1 on beftair. It looks a great bet until you think about Man utds chances of winning the prem. Are they going to be better than Chelsea or Man City next season? I doubt it.
  • L Block said:

sheff utd & luton were favourites for their respective leagues (at the time i placed the bet) however man utd & fulham were 5 or 6th favourites. like people have said great odds and one i couldnt pass up!!!
  • L Block said:

Shocked me too. 3400-1 on beftair. It looks a great bet until you think about Man utds chances of winning the prem. Are they going to be better than Chelsea or Man City next season? I doubt it.
    That's the reason I did ew, you would think they have as good a chance as any for grabbing 3rd. Even with how relatively awful they were last season utd still managed to finish 7th.

• Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:

L Block said:

That's the reason I did ew, you would think they have as good a chance as any for grabbing 3rd. Even with how relatively awful they were last season utd still managed to finish 7th.

Think premier league is only top two on e/w bets.

• cafc-west said:

Yesterday I saw 7/2 for us just to finish in the top half

I've put a tenner on us with SkyBet at 7/2.
    Had a decent bet on that myself.
  • Ridiculously, Oddschecker shows us down as 99-1 for promotion with 888 (or at least it did last night), however on clicking the link and being taken tot he 888 website, the odds are actually showsn as 20-1...?! Assume this is just an issue/fault with the oddschecker website?
  • Northampton are a great bet at 20/1 in league2. They were dead and buried at the bottom of the table when wilder took over last season and got them safe. Madesome good solid summer signings as well.
  • Also gone for norwich in the championship at 9/1 and Bristol city at 9/1 in league 1.
  • Southampton to finish bottom ten is 4/6. worth going in any season acca IMO.
    Blackpool to drop the obvious one.
  • We are now 80/1 with Boylesports to win the league
  • Latest odds on Betfair.

Charlton To win the Championship 94-1
    Charlton to finish in the top two 18-1
    Charlton to finish in the top six 15-2
    Charlton to be promoted 13-1
    Charlton to be relegated 4-1 ( 7 other teams , Blackpool , Millwall , Birmingham , Huddersfield , Sheff Wed , Leeds & Rotherham are shorter odds than us to go down. This wasn't the case last week)