Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

worst charlton eleven,,,,,,

1235»

Comments

• Options
    ads said:

LenGlover said:

Chris Dickson with his prolific goalscoring record must be a contender?

He'll come good, he's banging em in in the Maltese first division so unlikely we'd be able to get him back to the valley.

Sorondo, Llera, Bagheri, Gary Rowett, Jonathan Spencer, Ian Dowie.....money well spent
    Surely you can't have Rowett in this thread. It wasn't his fault. He was excellent until his unfortunate injury. Yes, expensive games to price ratio but I'm sure the club would have received a decent insurance payout.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Stig said:

Was thinking about an XI that divided opinion as in not your worst player, not your best but somewhere in the middle - players such as Danny Murphy (probably not the best example)

I suspect a midfield pairing of Kish and Holland would probably be the best example.
    That's it Stig - Kish was certainly the type of player i was looking for. He certainly divided opinion.
    Out wide you'd have plenty to choose from. Scott Wagstaff plus one from Lloyd Sam, Jerome Thomas, Darren Ambrose, Danny Green (did anyone rate him? I couldn't stand him).
    All good calls there. Funnily enough I didn't mind Green, good player in there but so frustrating. Sam and Thomas I wasn't so keen on. All typical wide players I guess, no consistency and should have achieved more that the have done.
  • Options

ads said:

LenGlover said:

He'll come good, he's banging em in in the Maltese first division so unlikely we'd be able to get him back to the valley.

Sorondo, Llera, Bagheri, Gary Rowett, Jonathan Spencer, Ian Dowie.....money well spent
    Surely you can't have Rowett in this thread. It wasn't his fault. He was excellent until his unfortunate injury. Yes, expensive games to price ratio but I'm sure the club would have received a decent insurance payout.
    I'd put forth a similar argument about Corey Gibbs. He was a very decent player, played at a World Cup, but had chronic knee problems when he joined us and never played.
  • Options

ads said:

LenGlover said:

Certainly can't include Rowett. Would have been an excellent signing if it wasn't for injury.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

ads said:

LenGlover said:

I'd put forth a similar argument about Corey Gibbs. He was a very decent player, played at a World Cup, but had chronic knee problems when he joined us and never played.
    Plus wasnt Cory Gibbs a Free Transfer...
  • Options

Remember the name, but that's about it, also Chris Jones from Spurs can't remember if he was on loan or a signing.

Signing from Crystal Palace.

Scored a good volley to beat Man City at Maine Road (one of the best away wins I've been to). Didn't do much else apart from headers against Cardiff and Brentford.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Naby Sarr scored against
    Palace in the cup so he has some immunity.

Consolation goals in 4-1 humiliations are not eligible for diplomatic immunity.
  • Options
    Would Brendan O'Connell be in with a shout? I was still quite young when he played for us and seem to remember thinking he wasn't very good but I can't really remember if he was shite or just a bit average.
  • Options

Would Brendan O'Connell be in with a shout? I was still quite young when he played for us and seem to remember thinking he wasn't very good but I can't really remember if he was shite or just a bit average.

Shite.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

1StevieG said:

Naby Sarr scored against
    Palace in the cup so he has some immunity.

Consolation goals in 4-1 humiliations are not eligible for diplomatic immunity.
    Maybe in your book but he's got a free pass off my shit list.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Shite.
    That's what I thought, still probably better than Faye and McCormack though. At least the one's that played for Charlton.
  • Options
    To a degree, it's all down to personal opinion. I remember standing on the East Terrace behind a guy who would shout "Aaarggh, Hales!!" every time Killer passed the ball. And I remember that John Dunn, Eamon Dunphy, Keith Peacock and even Paddy Powell had their detractors at the time. Dick Tydeman anyone?
  • Options

Shite.
    That's what I thought, still probably better than Faye and McCormack though. At least the one's that played for Charlton.
    I'd have him over those 2 that's for sure.
  • Options

Reuben Agboola struggled to make an impression. Surprised he doesn't make the bench at least!

He does impressions that explains a lot
  • Options
    "Coach" Karel Fraeye

1 Yohann Thuram-Ulien
    2 Loic Nego
    3 Djimi Traore
    4 El Hadji Ba
    5 Rhys Williams
    6 Roger Johnson
    7 Ralph Milne RIP
    8 Christope Lepoint
    9 Piotr Parzyek
    10 Leon Clarke
    11 Jesper Blomquist

Subs

12 Naby Sarr
    13 Mike Salmon
    14 Brendan O'Connell
    15 Alan McCormack
    16 Kenny Achampong
    17 Kim Grant (maybe exonerated due to the snow goals)
    18 Tamer Tuna

I've been going since '88 so tried to keep to just players I've seen but it's really hard to get away from the Staypricks signings....
  • Options

Remember the name, but that's about it, also Chris Jones from Spurs can't remember if he was on loan or a signing.

Scored the winner in the 1-0 win at Maine Road in 1983-84 season. That made me oblivious to anything else he was good or bad at...