Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

worst charlton eleven,,,,,,

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2014
    No Carl Ikeme? I thought he was woeful.

Cory Gibbs at LB? Never played a game so a total waste of money.

Tiler definitely at CB, El Khalej is a good call as well.

Cranie at RB.

Barnes, Bloomqvist, Bagheri

Tresor Kandol, Izale McLeod, Stuart Fleetwood.

Iain Dowie as manager.

Only been a fan since 97/98 so I don't have the fond(?) memories some of our more esteemed members have. I'm sure I've forgotten some people as well.
  • Options

I keep seeing Hugh McCauley's name crop up on threads like this but from memory I actually liked him. Is it because he was Pee Wee's replacement on the wing? Or was he really that bad?

He had one good game against Spurs in 1977 but that was it ...
  • Options
    It's laughable imo to suggest that Petterson or Amman should be anywhere near a worst 11
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I don't get how Pringle got on the original list. He kept running at teams in the first Premier League season giving us some pace which we badly needed, he wasn't the best but he put in a shift (broke the losing streak). The next season he formed a good partnership with Mendonca until he got a bad injury. It's unfair to judge him after that as he was never the same player.
  • Options
    John Barnes was pretty awful for us.
  • Options
    rina said:

It's laughable imo to suggest that Petterson or Amman should be anywhere near a worst 11

Petterson in the premiership was awful thats what i based it on.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

rina said:

Petterson in the premiership was awful thats what i based it on.
    Petterson was the most arrogant and nasty Charlton player I've ever met. Would not say he was our worst ever keeper though not as good as he seemed to think he was.

• Options
    LenGlover said:

A worst eleven from players who were more than "fleeting" such as Hovi, El Khalej etc. The players in my eleven reached double figures in terms of appearances I think and if it transpires that any of them didn't it certainly felt like it at the time!

Bellotti ( harsh but goalkeeper is one position we've been relatively well served in my 50 years of support)

Friar

Hazell

Setters

Ferns

Carl Harris (controversial maybe but I never took to him and thought he was poor)

Churchouse

Bullivant (expensive by our standards but Charlie rap)

Lee Cook

Endean

Wilson (Richard)

Tomorrow it will be different....

Boring to agree with someone else. However, I would struggle to come up with anything worse than this. Would stick Hasslewank in place of Barry as there is a song there somewhere. But this 11 lacks everything and would do for me.
  • Options
    Please don't mentioned Bob Curtis on this thread, no way whatsoever.
  • Options
    Mikel Alonso has got to be there somewhere
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The bad players I can just about tolerate its the ones who don't give a damn that I really dislike;

Traore, Faye, Marcus Bent, JFH, Jeffers, Danny Mills (in his last visit) and Pardew (manager) all spring to mind.

In the poor triers category I am surprised no one has mentioned Doherty - who must be the worst centre back in the last 10 years.
  • Options
    I thought now would be a good time to resurrect this thread and add worst owner, manager and CEO
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    George Tucudean x 11.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

I thought now would be a good time to resurrect this thread and add worst owner, manager and CEO

I think "Worst Ticket Office Manager" should probably be included as well.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Why? Do you have some nominations? :-)
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

And the worst COO too.
  • Options
    I think the worst 11 that I've seen in a single game was probably the team that played away to Hull this season, absolute shambles. Colchester the week before wasn't much better.
  • Options
    Manager Fraeye
    GK Thuram
    RB Paye
    LB Taore
    CB Doherty
    CB Chapple
    RM Milne (RIP)
    LM Blomquist
    CM Lepoint
    CM McCormack
    CF Abbott
    CF Nouble

Next season it will be an enirely different XI.
  • Options
    Was thinking about an XI that divided opinion as in not your worst player, not your best but somewhere in the middle - players such as Danny Murphy (probably not the best example)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reuben Agboola struggled to make an impression. Surprised he doesn't make the bench at least!
  • Options
    Think Agboola only had one game.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Think Agboola only had one game.

Arsenal at 'home' lost 2-0.
  • Options
    Jim Stannard
    Dietmar Bruck, El Khalej, Peter Shaw, Paul Sturgess
    Hugh Mc Auley, Billy Landsdowne, Amdy Faye, Anil Koc
    Barry Endean, Piotr Parsley
  • Options

goalkeeper, ammann
    left back, traore
    centre, diawara & chapple
    right back, spector
    Midfield, mc'cormack, faye, pouso, mustoe
    strikers, abbott, pringle

subs, petterson, church, linger, francis landsdowne, sturgess

Not all bad players, but never done for us.

This season's team ;)
  • Options

wot, no room for:

peter mountford (my pesonal worst)
    johnny ostergaard (danish carthorse)
    john pearson (if he could find a way to topple over in front of goal, he would!)

Pearson is harsh!
    one of the periods when i was in london, and i stand by john pearson - we made chances at that time, but for me he was woeful. does anybody remember my nadir, peter mountford? he ended up at fisher i think...?
    Yep Mountford wasn't good at all.

Saw him score away to Cambridge in a late comeback to draw 2-2.

Saw him get sent off away to Grimsby for gobbing at Nigel Batch (didn't see the incident itself).

Saw him break his leg v Crystal Palace at The Valley in a 1-0 win.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Manager Dowie - Manager? Managed to get lost with the players out for a run.
    GK Yohann Thuram-Ulien - Sent over because Roland thought he was better than what we had. Didn't last long.
    RB Yassin Moutaouakil - Remember one clearance at Scunthorpe hit his standing foot to assist a winner for a shocking away day loss.
    LB Djimi Traore - Why oh why oh why. One of Dowies many disasters.
    CB Roger Johnson - So good we bought him twice.
    CB Rhys Williams - Looked ok when he made his fist appearance as sub. Went downhill from there including some classic non defending against a rampant Hull.
    RM Scott Sinclair - Showboating twat.
    LM Jesper Blomquist - Man United saw he best of him. We got the arse end of him.
    CM Mikel Alonso - A tramp managed to get on the pitch. Then I realized it was Alonso. Xavi's brother.
    CM Emmanuel Frimpong - Dench? Bum clench more like.
    CF Leon Clarke - Scored goals everywhere else. A donkey for us.
    CF David Mooney - Scored goals but to me was one of the worst strikers to grace our club. Awful beyond belief. Remember the reaction to fans around me at some of his goal attempts. And then gave it the cupped ear to us when he scored. Clown.

• Options
    1StevieG said:

Manager Dowie
    GK Yohann Thuram-Ulien - Sent over because Roland thought he was better than what we had. Didn't last long.
    RB Yassin Moutaouakil - Remember one clearance at Scunthorpe hit his standing foot to assist a winner for a shocking away day loss.
    LB Djimi Traore - Why oh why oh why. One of Dowies many disasters.
    CB Roger Johnson - So good we bought him twice.
    CB Rhys Williams - Looked ok when he made his fist appearance as sub. Went downhill from there including some classic non defending against a rampant Hull.
    RM Scott Sinclair - Showboating twat.
    LM Jesper Blomquist - Man United saw he best of him. We got the arse end of him.
    CM Mikel Alonso - A tramp managed to get on the pitch. Then I realized it was Alonso. Xavi's brother.
    CM Emmanuel Frimpong - Dench? Bum clench more like.
    CF Leon Cort - Scored goals everywhere else. A donkey for us.
    CF David Mooney - Scored goals but to me was one of the worst strikers to grace our club. Awful beyond belief. Remember the reaction to fans around me at some of his goal attempts. And then gave it the cupped ear to us when he scored. Clown.

You must mean Leon McKenzie? Cort was a CB
  • Options
    We've had some real dross through the years haven't we?
  • Options
    Chris Dickson with his prolific goalscoring record must be a contender?