Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

worst charlton eleven,,,,,,

Comments

• Options

1StevieG said:

Manager Dowie
    GK Yohann Thuram-Ulien - Sent over because Roland thought he was better than what we had. Didn't last long.
    RB Yassin Moutaouakil - Remember one clearance at Scunthorpe hit his standing foot to assist a winner for a shocking away day loss.
    LB Djimi Traore - Why oh why oh why. One of Dowies many disasters.
    CB Roger Johnson - So good we bought him twice.
    CB Rhys Williams - Looked ok when he made his fist appearance as sub. Went downhill from there including some classic non defending against a rampant Hull.
    RM Scott Sinclair - Showboating twat.
    LM Jesper Blomquist - Man United saw he best of him. We got the arse end of him.
    CM Mikel Alonso - A tramp managed to get on the pitch. Then I realized it was Alonso. Xavi's brother.
    CM Emmanuel Frimpong - Dench? Bum clench more like.
    CF Leon Cort - Scored goals everywhere else. A donkey for us.
    CF David Mooney - Scored goals but to me was one of the worst strikers to grace our club. Awful beyond belief. Remember the reaction to fans around me at some of his goal attempts. And then gave it the cupped ear to us when he scored. Clown.

You must mean Leon McKenzie? Cort was a CB
    Sorry meant Leon Clarke.
  • Options

1StevieG said:

Manager Dowie
    GK Yohann Thuram-Ulien - Sent over because Roland thought he was better than what we had. Didn't last long.
    RB Yassin Moutaouakil - Remember one clearance at Scunthorpe hit his standing foot to assist a winner for a shocking away day loss.
    LB Djimi Traore - Why oh why oh why. One of Dowies many disasters.
    CB Roger Johnson - So good we bought him twice.
    CB Rhys Williams - Looked ok when he made his fist appearance as sub. Went downhill from there including some classic non defending against a rampant Hull.
    RM Scott Sinclair - Showboating twat.
    LM Jesper Blomquist - Man United saw he best of him. We got the arse end of him.
    CM Mikel Alonso - A tramp managed to get on the pitch. Then I realized it was Alonso. Xavi's brother.
    CM Emmanuel Frimpong - Dench? Bum clench more like.
    CF Leon Cort - Scored goals everywhere else. A donkey for us.
    CF David Mooney - Scored goals but to me was one of the worst strikers to grace our club. Awful beyond belief. Remember the reaction to fans around me at some of his goal attempts. And then gave it the cupped ear to us when he scored. Clown.

You must mean Leon McKenzie? Cort was a CB
    He means Leon
    Clarke
  • Options
    uie2 said:

goalkeeper, ammann
    left back, traore
    centre, diawara & chapple
    right back, spector
    Midfield, mc'cormack, faye, pouso, mustoe
    strikers, abbott, pringle

subs, petterson, church, linger, francis landsdowne, sturgess

Not all bad players, but never done for us.

This season's team ;)
    Pringle did us a good turn in 99/00
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

We've had some real dross through the years haven't we?

And still churning it out now.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Just caught up with this thread from the start, reading some of those names, there were some real shockers in there, but reading the name Frank Nouble sent shivers down my spine, such high hopes, but what a letdown,

Here's wondering what names we sign over the summer that will end up on this thread!
  • Options
    A lot of competition up front, Clarke, McKenzie, Akpo Sodje, Nathan Eccleston, Leroy Lita, Izale McLeoud should be high up on this list for me, the 2-3 times I saw Paul Hayes he look pretty awful. I didn't see Martyn Waghorn but he sounded pretty poor.

Thought Matty Spring was pretty poor and when he signed from Luton my Luton supporting friends said he wasn't up to much.

There's one more whose name I can't remember. He came through at Ipswich, I was at Portman Road when he sliced a cross into the top corner past Nicky Weaver. He later joined us, he was rubbish, just quick.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    SDAddick said:

Thought Matty Spring was pretty poor and when he signed from Luton my Luton supporting friends said he wasn't up to much.

He was one of a long line of totally passive centre midfielders we have had since relegation from the Premier League, but he scored a winner vs Palace so has earnt diplomatic immunity from lists like this.

• Options
    SDAddick said:

A lot of competition up front, Clarke, McKenzie, Akpo Sodje, Nathan Eccleston, Leroy Lita, Izale McLeoud should be high up on this list for me, the 2-3 times I saw Paul Hayes he look pretty awful. I didn't see Martyn Waghorn but he sounded pretty poor.

There's one more whose name I can't remember. He came through at Ipswich, I was at Portman Road when he sliced a cross into the top corner past Nicky Weaver. He later joined us, he was rubbish, just quick.

Sounds like Lee Martin, he was quick alright but very in and out.
  • Options
    Surely there's a place for the one and only Mark McCammon
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited April 2016
    SDAddick said:

Matt Spring did score the winning goal against Palace to break the 17 match or thereabouts not winning run in the previous relegation season from the championship into league one. Admittedly, he wasn't up to much but at least has that to his name.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Les Reed because he wrote an FA book on coaching that really worked!
  • Options
    Or Phil Parlinson's 38 players that were a bit 'rubbish'.
  • Options
    I would like to formally revoke Matt Spring's name. I'd forgotten that the Palace goal gives him diplomatic immunity.

The player I was thinking of was Danny Haynes. Just look and his goal return of 9 in 34 isn't bad, I just always thought he was rubbish at the football part. Probably not deserving of this list though.
  • Options
    Danny Haynes was quick and did add a bit of pace to the team at the time that was desperately short of it. He scored a couple of quality goals, I remember. The problem was with his dodgy hamstrings and many injuries. Chocolate hamstrings as club comedian Andy Hughes put it in a crossbar challenge video.

He would definitely be a shout for the most injury prone Charlton team.
  • Options
    vff said:

Danny Haynes was quick and did add a bit of pace to the team at the time that was desperately short of it. He scored a couple of quality goals, I remember. The problem was with his dodgy hamstrings and many injuries. Chocolate hamstrings as club comedian Andy Hughes put it in a crossbar challenge video.

He would definitely be a shout for the most injury prone Charlton team.

Fits right in with the current squad then...
  • Options
    Thurman-Ullien
    Martin Crainy
    Naby Sarr
    Talal El Khalej
    Ben Thatcher
    Bally Smart
    Amdy Faye
    Alan McCormack
    Wade Small
    Frank Nouble
    Izale McLeod

Really wanted to put Darren Ambrose in because he made me mad watching him, but he wasn't absolutely shite like this lot were. Honourable mention for John Solako as well.
  • Options
    Could we find a place in midfield for Abdul Razak? He did play 1 1/2 games for us then disappeared.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Chris Dickson with his prolific goalscoring record must be a contender?

He'll come good, he's banging em in in the Maltese first division so unlikely we'd be able to get him back to the valley.

Sorondo, Llera, Bagheri, Gary Rowett, Jonathan Spencer, Ian Dowie.....money well spent
  • Options
    Naby Sarr scored against
    Palace in the cup so he has some immunity.
  • Options

Thurman-Ullien
    Martin Crainy
    Naby Sarr
    Talal El Khalej
    Ben Thatcher
    Bally Smart
    Amdy Faye
    Alan McCormack
    Wade Small
    Frank Nouble
    Izale McLeod

Really wanted to put Darren Ambrose in because he made me mad watching him, but he wasn't absolutely shite like this lot were. Honourable mention for John Solako as well.

No Djimi Traore? Awful player for us!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Was thinking about an XI that divided opinion as in not your worst player, not your best but somewhere in the middle - players such as Danny Murphy (probably not the best example)

I suspect a midfield pairing of Kish and Holland would probably be the best example.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Stig said:

Was thinking about an XI that divided opinion as in not your worst player, not your best but somewhere in the middle - players such as Danny Murphy (probably not the best example)

I suspect a midfield pairing of Kish and Holland would probably be the best example.
    That's it Stig - Kish was certainly the type of player i was looking for. He certainly divided opinion.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    1StevieG said:

Naby Sarr scored against
    Palace in the cup so he has some immunity.

He was also in a defence that conceded 4 that night.

Immunity request refused :smile:
  • Options
    God that Lee Martin was an ugly bastard!!...

Completely forgot about Nathan Eccleston, many fans had so much hope for him, he plays in Hungary for that well known side: Békéscsaba 1912 Előre, he should be careful as he might come under the eye of the Duchbags
  • Options
    Eccleston scored a very good goal against us at the Valley, might have been for Blackpool.
  • Options
    I remember Tony Hazel and Steve Dowman from the eighties, they were poor.
  • Options

God that Lee Martin was an ugly bastard!!...

Completely forgot about Nathan Eccleston, many fans had so much hope for him, he plays in Hungary for that well known side: Békéscsaba 1912 Előre, he should be careful as he might come under the eye of the Duchbags

He definitely thought very highly of himself.

Wasn't he part of the "special arrangement" between us and Liverpool from the Jonjo Shelvey transfer? That turned out well...
  • Options
    edited April 2016

I remember Tony Hazel and Steve Dowman from the eighties, they were poor.

Both of those were miserable.

Webhad a centre half on loan from Spurs in the mid 90's - Kevin Scott. He was pony as well.
  • Options

Stig said:

That's it Stig - Kish was certainly the type of player i was looking for. He certainly divided opinion.
    Out wide you'd have plenty to choose from. Scott Wagstaff plus one from Lloyd Sam, Jerome Thomas, Darren Ambrose, Danny Green (did anyone rate him? I couldn't stand him).
  • Options
    Remember the name, but that's about it, also Chris Jones from Spurs can't remember if he was on loan or a signing.