Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Duchatelet explains Peeters choice

123457»

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Give it a rest! RD is no different to any other chairman of any other company - he wants to make money! It's the world we live in...
  • Options
    Viewfinder - I think in your post there is ample evidence for the adage that other people's money is the easiest to spend. Whilst 'spend, spend, spend to achieve success' sounds fantastic, it is just not feasible long term. The likes of Portsmouth and Leeds show what happens when you spend beyond the club's means, and I have a strong suspicion that Blackpool or Bolton or even Both are going to be the next to come under the cosh in the very near future.

Calling those of us who admire an attempt to achieve success without gambling on the future of the club 'apologists' is derogatory and misguided, name calling is really not going to strengthen your case. If RD's scheme is successful, the potential is there for the club to achieve new success without running up crippling levels of debt - that is what I am applauding, the principle, as we have no evidence yet as to whether it will work. I am not an apologist nor am I a collaborator - I am a fan of Charlton who has weighed the same evidence you have had and reached a different conclusion - that is all.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I often wonder, whether Viewfinder is serious or taking the pee.
    I think he's taking the pee.
  • Options

PL54 said -
    Airman who got sacked by the club
    Airman who said he would fight the club
    Airman whose silence was bought
    Airman who started his mag again
    Airman who has little positive to say about anything

That Airman ?

Viewfinder says -
    Some people have got their values all arse-about-face. Airman is a fount of knowledge and experience, and is firmly on our side. As fans it is our responsibility to hold the board and chairman to account. There is a constituency of Lifers who would cosy up to Duchatelet; they admire his financial prudence when we should be urging him to spend, spend, spend to gain success. In effect, they are apologists, collaborators.

Never forget that he bought the club for a pittance, a tiny fraction of his vast wealth. Duchatelet is not the heroic saviour that some would have him. Our club is his toy, a wager on the rewards of the Premier League.

I don't understand this post. Please give me a bit of background on Airman. Is this a sarcastic post or a genuine post. I think the bit below about RD is genuine. I don't agree with it. I think he is a saviour (albeit not heroic) as he is funding our club. The fact that in Viewfinder's opinion is a pittance is a bit irrelevant. He paid the going rate for a loss making championship club with debts I would imagine.

An apologist and collaborator I am I guess...........
  • Options
    cabbles said:

PL54 said -
    Airman who got sacked by the club
    Airman who said he would fight the club
    Airman whose silence was bought
    Airman who started his mag again
    Airman who has little positive to say about anything

That Airman ?
    Viewfinder says -
    Some people have got their values all arse-about-face. Airman is a fount of knowledge and experience, and is firmly on our side. As fans it is our responsibility to hold the board and chairman to account. There is a constituency of Lifers who would cosy up to Duchatelet; they admire his financial prudence when we should be urging him to spend, spend, spend to gain success. In effect, they are apologists, collaborators.

Never forget that he bought the club for a pittance, a tiny fraction of his vast wealth. Duchatelet is not the heroic saviour that some would have him. Our club is his toy, a wager on the rewards of the Premier League.

I don't understand this post. Please give me a bit of background on Airman. Is this a sarcastic post or a genuine post. I think the bit below about RD is genuine. I don't agree with it. I think he is a saviour (albeit not heroic) as he is funding our club. The fact that in Viewfinder's opinion is a pittance is a bit irrelevant. He paid the going rate for a loss making championship club with debts I would imagine.

An apologist and collaborator I am I guess...........

*the cost of the club was a pittance that is