Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Duchatelet explains Peeters choice

Comments

• Options
    Well said Grapevine49, I agree with you 100%.
  • Options
    "Whilst we acknowledge the contribution Nigel has made during the past two years, for the club to progress and achieve our long-term targets a change was needed.
    "Mauricio is a well-respected coach of substantial quality who has gained a reputation as an astute tactician and excellent man manager.
    "I have every confidence that he will inspire our talented squad of players to perform at the highest possible level."
    Pochettino said: "This is the kind of opportunity that any coach would relish. Southampton is a club with great heritage, and an even more exciting future.
    "There is a clear vision to take the club to a new era of sustained success in the Premier League, and beyond, which I'm delighted to be part of."

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy told the club's website: "In Mauricio I believe we have a head coach who, with his high energy, attacking football, will embrace the style of play we associate with our club.

"He has a proven ability to develop each player as an individual, whilst building great team spirit and a winning mentality.

"We have a talented squad that Mauricio is excited to be coaching next season."

And Levy told Sky Sports News' Jim White: "We narrowed it down to five candidates, though it was a very hard decision.

"But Mauricio came out on top. He came across incredibly well.

"He was extremely dignified. Now the hard work starts. We have all got to work together and make the club a better club.

"Also, we have a man who knows the right balance between experience and youth - in the new world of financial fair play, that's very important."

See how simple it is to say why you appointed one candidate and not another. No need to slag off the other candidates or break any confidences, commercial or otherwise.

It's good PR, it generates media interest and it helps to set out a vision of where the Club is going.
  • Options
    boy i cant wait for the season to start so we can comment on what happens each match day
  • Options
    great pose @cabbles
  • Options
    @Grapevine49.

The only reason I dragged up another person's cv is that you frequently refer to your own. I actually understand why you do it, and am guilty of it myself. I'm just offering the feedback that not everybody takes it in the way it is meant. As Stu of Kunming frequently reminds me.

Not for the first time your post started with an expression of contempt for those who don't see things as clearly as you do; "what planet" etc. Recently you started with "I truly despair". Again, I'm far from perfect but those phrases fuel the polarisation of people into camps, which most of us are not willing to be pushed into. In fact your summary of your current view of RD is pretty much mine. Yet because I understand Weegie's and others response to the PC, I'm apparently on a different planet.

@HenryIrving has already demonstrated how perhaps RD could have explained things better. However as you acknowledge, it isn't RD's strength. But what I find frustrating is that there is a better way to handle such communication, and sitting two seats down from RD was man who knows how to do it, and actually did it regularly during the period of our greatest success. I'm talking about what in politics is called the "off the record briefing", and that is what Richard Murray did regularly.

Take the sale of Danny Mills in 1999. It came soon after our relegation, and the rumbles started, "selling our bright young talent, same old Charlton". RM quickly started the off the record briefings. A lot of us on here will therefore know the 4 reasons why we sold him (actually I have forgotten one!). The point is, the three I remember were definitely not press conference material, and one is so incendiary I still would not repeat it here. The other two were:

1.£4m was full value for a full back
    2. Curbs considered Mills to be a great athlete, but not necessarily going to be a great footballer.

You agree,I'm sure, you couldnt say those things in a press conference but the word quickly went out and there was very little noise about Mills as a result, including in the flourishing VOTV. Now, I suggest that if it is true that Riga did the dirty on RD at Liege and as a result RD does not fully trust him on a long term project, it would be a simple matter to use RM to quietly let it be known. That I believe is the kind of case where RM thinks he can still play a useful role.

You didn't address my "Peeters is cheap" remarks. The point is, that it may be a valid and smart reason. Most of us approve of the policy of developing our own young players; so long as, if we sell them, we get full value. Perhaps RD is extending that strategy to the manager. Get a young turk - who commands a lower salary. Allow him to build his reputation, and in the process take us forward. And - important, this - put a big transfer fee round his neck . So that when he takes us up, and then the PL clubs sniff around, we know that if we have to lose him (as Swansea lost Rodgers) at least RD has been smart enough to make sure we are properly compensated. I would applaud such an approach. And again all it takes is for RM to quietly let it be known that this is what has been put in place.
  • Options

@Grapevine49.

The only reason I dragged up another person's cv is that you frequently refer to your own. I actually understand why you do it, and am guilty of it myself. I'm just offering the feedback that not everybody takes it in the way it is meant. As Stu of Kunming frequently reminds me.

Not for the first time your post started with an expression of contempt for those who don't see things as clearly as you do; "what planet" etc. Recently you started with "I truly despair". Again, I'm far from perfect but those phrases fuel the polarisation of people into camps, which most of us are not willing to be pushed into. In fact your summary of your current view of RD is pretty much mine. Yet because I understand Weegie's and others response to the PC, I'm apparently on a different planet.

@HenryIrving has already demonstrated how perhaps RD could have explained things better. However as you acknowledge, it isn't RD's strength. But what I find frustrating is that there is a better way to handle such communication, and sitting two seats down from RD was man who knows how to do it, and actually did it regularly during the period of our greatest success. I'm talking about what in politics is called the "off the record briefing", and that is what Richard Murray did regularly.

Take the sale of Danny Mills in 1999. It came soon after our relegation, and the rumbles started, "selling our bright young talent, same old Charlton". RM quickly started the off the record briefings. A lot of us on here will therefore know the 4 reasons why we sold him (actually I have forgotten one!). The point is, the three I remember were definitely not press conference material, and one is so incendiary I still would not repeat it here. The other two were:

2. Curbs considered Mills to be a great athlete, but not necessarily going to be a great footballer.

You agree,I'm sure, you couldnt say those things in a press conference but the word quickly went out and there was very little noise about Mills as a result, including in the flourishing VOTV. Now, I suggest that if it is true that Riga did the dirty on RD at Liege and as a result RD does not fully trust him on a long term project, it would be a simple matter to use RM to quietly let it be known. That I believe is the kind of case where RM thinks he can still play a useful role.

You didn't address my "Peeters is cheap" remarks. The point is, that it may be a valid and smart reason. Most of us approve of the policy of developing our own young players; so long as, if we sell them, we get full value. Perhaps RD is extending that strategy to the manager. Get a young turk - who commands a lower salary. Allow him to build his reputation, and in the process take us forward. And - important, this - put a big transfer fee round his neck . So that when he takes us up, and then the PL clubs sniff around, we know that if we have to lose him (as Swansea lost Rodgers) at least RD has been smart enough to make sure we are properly compensated. I would applaud such an approach. And again all it takes is for RM to quietly let it be known that this is what has been put in place.

There is no such thing these days as 'quietly letting things be known'. Twitter, Facebook, SMS, Forums saw an end to that.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2014

"Whilst we acknowledge the contribution Nigel has made during the past two years, for the club to progress and achieve our long-term targets a change was needed.
    "Mauricio is a well-respected coach of substantial quality who has gained a reputation as an astute tactician and excellent man manager.
    "I have every confidence that he will inspire our talented squad of players to perform at the highest possible level."
    Pochettino said: "This is the kind of opportunity that any coach would relish. Southampton is a club with great heritage, and an even more exciting future.
    "There is a clear vision to take the club to a new era of sustained success in the Premier League, and beyond, which I'm delighted to be part of."

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy told the club's website: "In Mauricio I believe we have a head coach who, with his high energy, attacking football, will embrace the style of play we associate with our club.

"He has a proven ability to develop each player as an individual, whilst building great team spirit and a winning mentality.

"We have a talented squad that Mauricio is excited to be coaching next season."

And Levy told Sky Sports News' Jim White: "We narrowed it down to five candidates, though it was a very hard decision.

"But Mauricio came out on top. He came across incredibly well.

"He was extremely dignified. Now the hard work starts. We have all got to work together and make the club a better club.

"Also, we have a man who knows the right balance between experience and youth - in the new world of financial fair play, that's very important."

See how simple it is to say why you appointed one candidate and not another. No need to slag off the other candidates or break any confidences, commercial or otherwise.

It's good PR, it generates media interest and it helps to set out a vision of where the Club is going.

I can see what you're driving at here, and to a large extent,I agree.

However...

If RD and co had come out and said,"We chose Peeters because we believe he is the best man for the job and to take the club forward," then he would have effectively given the same reasons as above which,ultimately, amount to no more than a litany of platitudes.

His non-communication is irksome to some,but as owner - regardless of its lack of concern for the supporters -it is his right.

As long as he continues to stick his hand in his pocket,I don't care what he says or doesn't say - for the moment.

I think a lot of people are taking it all too seriously,but whilst stuck in pre-season limbo, I suppose there's little else to do.

Time will tell.

• Options
    I agree it is his right to say or not say what he likes.

And I agree that it is what happens on the pitch that is the ultimate test. That is one reason why some of us, including me, are cautiously optimistic, looking forward to the new season but not saying everything is the best in the best of all possible worlds.

At the same time good PR and better communication aren't expensive or all that time consuming.

It isn't an either/or. RD and KM can spend money on players, develop the academy, tidy up the ground and relay the pitch AND have a dialogue with fans at the same time.
  • Options

@Grapevine49.

There is no such thing these days as 'quietly letting things be known'. Twitter, Facebook, SMS, Forums saw an end to that.

Generally a good point, but when you have someone like RM with long experience of the club and its fans, it can still work pretty much as before. Facebook/Twitter/forums simply accelerate the speed with which such content is spread. The Trust is an ideal vehicle for it (But not the only one, as I hasten to add, Henry :-))
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    So why exactly has @insollywetrust flagged my comment above? I could have flagged all sorts of things yesterday...
  • Options
    "The main goal is of course to stay up but also in fact we have another strategy than most of our competitors which is to develop the youth academy and work with young players."

Develop the youth academy for what? Save on transfer fees? Produce players to sell? Produce players for the network?

No thanks.... why not a strategy like the rest of our competitors ie competing?
  • Options

And I agree that it is what happens on the pitch that is the ultimate test. That is one reason why some of us, including me, are cautiously optimistic, looking forward to the new season but not saying everything is the best in the best of all possible worlds.

At the same time good PR and better communication aren't expensive or all that time consuming.

It isn't an either/or. RD and KM can spend money on players, develop the academy, tidy up the ground and relay the pitch AND have a dialogue with fans at the same time.

I agree with what you say, but the issue with RD appears to be that he simply does not care about his reputation or standing with fans. His actions at Liege were unpopular but ultimately pretty successful, and he seems content with that - a reputation as being cold, or uncaring doesn't seem to concern him. KM is unlikely to take the initiative in this respect without a go ahead from her boss (and why would she, she is simply his subordinate instead of making decisions in her own right it seems thus far) and only RM would realistically try and approach the fans for discussion, and he seems happy taking a back seat. We can debate the rights and wrongs of this approach until even Charlton Life gets bored of flogging the same deceased equine, but it won't change a thing unless it gets to the stage of open revolt - and RD has done nothing to warrant that... yet*.

*No, not even dispensing with CP. Harsh decision - maybe. Successful decision - yes. We stayed up, it was success.
  • Options

So why exactly has @insollywetrust flagged my comment above? I could have flagged all sorts of things yesterday...

How do you know who has flagged you?! My flags are all anonymous - i'm feeling left out

• Options

@Grapevine49.

Generally a good point, but when you have someone like RM with long experience of the club and its fans, it can still work pretty much as before. Facebook/Twitter/forums simply accelerate the speed with which such content is spread. The Trust is an ideal vehicle for it (But not the only one, as I hasten to add, Henry :-))
    But as a player, would you want to sign for a club when there is a possibility that when you leave you could have your name tarnished by an 'old school, non-exec Chairman' which has spread all over Twitter before the ink on your new contract at new club has dried? As much as we all remember the good old days - things change, as do (good?) practices and procedures
  • Options

I have to say this constant raking over of what RD did or didn't say or mean (or BP, or KM etc) leaves me wanting to choke myself to death on my Belgium Chocolates.

It's legitimate to question the plans but surely when they they are in place and visible. When signings good or bad are in actually kicking football's around wearing the Sword in Roundel on their shirts, and we see whether good ole Bob can make a team produce play that on balance is watchable and reasonably successful. Until then we have nothing of substance to go on. None of us had heard of the divine Jose Riga six months ago. Now he is canonised. Maybe BP will do even better?

Last season Burnley outperformed teams like QPR with much less resources both in the bank and on the pitch. Was that because the northern air was more invigorating than dahn sarf? Maybe it had something to do with the manager - in only his second job in that role being able to make more out of less? No one posting on here could have predicted with any reasonable certainty a few years back that Dyche would turn out to decent as a manager.

Perhaps good ole Bob might just be RD's ace in the pack. We have signed two excellent players in the last week and yes we need some more but hey - don't you think BP and RD know this? Is RD trying to scrimp and scrape like the last two jokers who ran the club did? No he is are not. Value for money, bringing young players on, investing in the playing surface, and re - energising the training ground development all looks and sounds pretty good to me. Streamlining the backroom staff and making great club servants redundant isn't nice for those affected but it is to be expected for a business that is losing millions of pounds a year.

In the end though what counts is how we perform from the gun to the finishing tape and no one can predict how that will go when the squad is being worked on, the Head Coach has only just got onto dry land and players haven't yet returned for pre season.

So before I end it all with death by chocolate - a plea - let's just see how things pan out - in pre - season, and during the course of the season before we pass judgement on RD's choice of Head Coach and his Belgio - centric transfer policy or the drafting in of toddlers into the first team?

If BP turns out to be a dud, or if Tin Tin and his freres Belgiques are vastly too lightweight for the Championship, then will I pass judgement - not till then. Remember the land of Chocolate, and Van Rompuy has produced players who would walk into the current England team so maybe they know a bit about coaching and stuff?

Hercule Bingvanaddick

I take your point but don't forget that Burnley received a huge boost from their single year in the Premiership where they - very cleverly - decided not to spunk the lot on overpriced stars but to build a very good young squad from the lower leagues best players.

It has worked out a treat for them - but they could not have done it without the multi-millions from that one season in the Premiership.
    Not forgetting selling players like Charlie Austin on for decent money instead of letting them walk away on a free.

Overall I'm feeling fairly positive so far, Morrison signing is a huge boost as we would not have got better on our apparent budget. I'm resigned to Poyet leaving but Bueyns softens the blow of that one. The Copenhagen forward sounds promising and most importantly with these two signings, Peeters has managed them both before.

There is just one thing that continues to bug me, which is Chris Powell's comment that RD's plans for the club "didn't set well with him. "What did he mean by this? I'm assuming RD was a lot more honest with Powell regarding his plans for the club than he has been with anyone else. What wouldn't sit easy with Powell? Is it pure player recruitment or something else?
  • Options

Rob said:

Weegie - do you know that Peeters was cheaper or was it a deliberate inflammatory statement knowing you were going to get a reaction? And that is a genuine question and not a wind up.

If you know for a fact that Peeters was cheaper then I apologize. If you didn't then you knew exactly what you were doing and I agree that it is getting a bit old.

I believe it is the latter but that's purely an intuition.

OK Rob, seeing as you asked - I was going to say politely, but reading it again, I'm not sure that's accurate ;-)

I read the Newshopper article, and was not particularly impressed by what Roland had to say, as I did not feel it gave an adequate explanation of why Peeters was a better choice than Riga. I then made an off the cuff comment to that effect on here - yes a bit flippant and based on conjecture, but it was just how I was feeling - also exacerbated by reading about Jan's redundancy on the other thread.

I guess I should have been more hesitant based on the fact it was the first comment after the article and my "reputation" as being "negative" (I would call it concerned and critically questioning, but each to their own perception), but, you know what, I didn't stop to weigh that all up - I just posted a brief comment on a forum where I though free speech/ freedom of expression was part of its purpose of being.

It was most certainly not intended as "deliberately inflammatory". I most certainly did not expect to get personally abused as a result - including insinuations that my opinions aren't valid or are "cheap" because (a) I'm a woman (b) Scottish (only half, actually) (c) didn't write a page long essay and (d) haven't poured millions into the club. I'm just surprised no-one has mentioned my political leanings yet...

Once it started, I was not surprised by the responses of the ususal suspects. I'd like to thank those who backed me up, usually in a much more reasoned and eloquent way than the other side of the "argument" could manage. I also have total respect for the views of posters such as Bing, whilst I might disagree with some of the content.

What did surprise me was being on the receiving end of a diatribe from @grapevine49, and then receiving a further sulky response when I contacted him privately over the matter. (He refers to this in his second post, hence why I mention it too.) I used to have a lot of respect for his opinions on here, albeit needing to sit down for half an hour to read them. Lately he has become number one apologist for Roland and the new regime. Well, Grapevine, let's clarify one thing here - Roland may own the football club I support, but he is not MY boss - he does not pay MY wages, so why on earth should I kowtow to him and not be sceptical/ critical if I feel that is warranted? Yes, he is lucky enough to have millions to put into his little footballing experiment, and I don't, but I still spend a considerable % of my hard-earned wages on supporting this football club, and have put many years of emotional investment into it. I therefore think I am perfectly entitled to express an opinion about how I see it being run and the communications put out by the owner/ senior managers.

I'd really, really like to feel positive about the future of my beloved Charlton Athletic, and really, really hope that it does all turn out for the best. IF we re-sign Morrison, IF we sign Vetokele (and he cuts it as a goalscorer in the Champs), IF we re-sign or adequately replace Poyet, IF we sign a proven Championship goalkeeper, who can also bring Pope along, IF we sign a decent centre half (or two or three) or bring Lennon or Gomez successfully into the first team, IF we sign a decent right back to cover for Solly, IF we sign a couple of creative midfielders, IF it all gels and IF Bobby Peeters turns out to be a really good manager at this level, then I will be as delighted as everyone on here. But that is one hell of a lot of "IFs", so forgive me if I am not at the forefront of cheerleading for the new regime just yet.

Finally, I do have an underlying concern about Roland's flippant attitude towards his managers and employees, and his quotes which suggest he sees players as commodities to trade. If Bob Peeters is that good, why does he only have a one year contract, potentially leaving us with a load more uncertainty this time next year? Roland's previous record with managers at SL suggests he likes to hire and fire regularly - to the point that it feels more like a power thing, proving who is really in charge. We are also hearing of several redundancies of long-term and loyal employees within the club. Of course this is "the way of the world", especially after a change of ownershiip, but on a human level, it is not something that sits comfortably with my own values.

So, I'm not feeling entirely positive and confident about the future of Charlton Athletic Football Club right now. Call it my own analysis, call it gut-feel or call me to account to justify/ explain it, but please don't suggest that I'm doing it deliberately just to wind up a few muppets on a message board....
    An interesting post WA. You don't want much to make you happy. Also for the record I had no idea you're a women (although what difference that makes I don't know).
    Anyway my point after reading your post:-

IF I was RD and I'd just read what you want to make you happy and support the chairman/owner I wouldn't give a toss what you thought, why? because I've just rescued the club from league 1 and possible administration and poured Millions of my own money into it, I also go about my business in my way, I'm a success, its proven, I dont shout about it, I certainly don't go on football forums telling everyone what my plans are, its no ones business but mine, why? because I bloody own the business.

Playing Devils advocate here, but we are all customers of Charlton Athletic, like footballers ARE commodities, like it or not thats the reality. The bottom line is if you don't like it and all your 'IFS' are not fulfilled and it upsets you so much take your custom (support) elsewhere.

Personally all this RD is God/RD is the devil is ridiculous, I was sceptical when RD took over, the same when Cash, TJ and Slater took over, but watching how he has conducted himself since he took over, RD gets my full support, I cannot for the life of me see what he has done wrong, I really can't and feel that Solidarity is the way forward. Furthermore, following this post I'm not going to post/read/get into cyber arguments about how RD is bad for our club anymore, with people I don't even know and who's opposite opinions (on this matter) I couldn't give a toss about. Its tiring, time consuming and boring now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Don't get more wrong , I thought the majority of your post was excellent and I couldn't have put much of it better myself , however , I've flagged the post because although , like yourself I am slightly sceptical of RD, I didn't like the way you discounted other members opinions , referring to them as muppets etc. at the end of the day we are all Here for the same reason , we support Charlton , sometimes I feel like that isn't the case... Sorry if any offence was taken from the flag , but I just wanted to express my discontent with a certain part of what was a , on the whole , an excellent post
  • Options
    I acknowledge the points you make PA and HI in particular. I am not sure I value the off the record briefings to the extent claimed at keeping the lid on stuff that couldn't be shared on the record. If it was not for wider consumption and some of it was truthfully incendiary, then for that stuff not to get out into the wider domain (I don't remember stuff about Mills), in my view, he only shared it, expecting it to stay within a very narrow and trusted group otherwise it would have been extremely difficult for him and the board. Yes for those "in the know" it's very appealing to think that you are "trusted" with dynamite stuff. Whilst I live in Norfolk and can't get to these meetings, stuff was shared with me on occasion from those who did go, on a "keep your mouth shut basis", but we represent a vocal but only a very small section of articulate and engaged fans. The majority of fans would have been then and still remain in the dark.

Good PR is, of course, better than bad or no PR. My experience though is that much of football stuff is utter bullshit - and certainly the cringe worthy stuff that Henry posted especially from the arch - sacker himself Mr Levy makes me smile. I am sure it's perfect PR, unfortunately he has said these things about previous managers only to cashier them at the first sign of gunfire.

I respect those who are sceptical of RD and his plans, I understand that in the absence of much to go on, that produces a vacuum into which wild speculation expands. I know that HI was there yesterday. I wasn't so can only make a judgement based on reports and video footage. One of the problems in saying anything is that it is immediately seized upon and spun by the watchers in whatever direction meets their own agenda so here's an example, posted up on the office Charlton Facebook group.

"Charlton owner Roland Duchatelet is urging Head Coach Bob Peeters to look to youth rather than signing experienced players. Peeters is expected to bring through players from the academy and if it doesn't work Duchatelet says that Peeters faces the sack.
    This was on Sky Sports yesterday"

One persons agenda driven spin on what was said. So RD's words are twisted by some when he does explain.

I am of nature a "glass is half full person", so my own take on things is broadly positive. I am not a fool though and I acknowledge the fickle nature of football ownership. I also acknowledge the fears of the unknown and of history and football is littered with clubs damaged by the often foolish but we'll meaning ambition of past owners. Our own club is one.

My point made in an earlier post rests with where things sit now on the RD journey. At the moment we don't know Bob Peeters ability as a manager/coach. He may have been the cheaper choice - I am not sure we know that. He may, by dint of his career journey thus far, be the hungrier. We have seen a couple of Swallow signings that do not yet a summer make. I'd just like to see a full squad, with games under our belt before I pass judgement on the RD football project as it impacts on our club.
  • Options

Again,I have no real 'argument' as such here,you and I are simply different kinds of supporter,Henry.

You support the club on matchdays as do the rest of us,but are instrumental on a far more personal level:the museum being a commendable example.You are also concerned with the machinations of the board which is understandable considering the many dark years we endured.

I am more of a naif:I buy the lad a new shirt every season,go to the games,buy him a programme and - against my better judgement - a hotdog.

And I'm content.

As long as this continues - which I've every confidence it will do,and for years after RD has sold up - I have no interest in the machinations at board level,the rumours,the scare-mongering and personal vendettas - don't think this is an accusation levelled at you - it isn't.

We all support Charlton in our own idiosyncratic ways,but support we do,and that is all that matters.
  • Options
    actual transcript of the SKY interview anyone?
  • Options
    All depends on the definition of charlton!

At the moment it feels to me like the Valley is leased to a Belgian football youth academy. The ground and the history of the name are there but it doesnt feel like CHARLTON
  • Options
    There's a recording of the interview on the bbc website for anyone interested. Slightly dissapointed peeters says he wants to take us up but not next season . Why not??
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

There's a recording of the interview on the bbc website for anyone interested. Slightly dissapointed peeters says he wants to take us up but not next season . Why not??

Because he won't have the budget or the players to be able to do it.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Again,I have no real 'argument' as such here,you and I are simply different kinds of supporter,Henry.

You support the club on matchdays as do the rest of us,but are instrumental on a far more personal level:the museum being a commendable example.You are also concerned with the machinations of the board which is understandable considering the many dark years we endured.

I am more of a naif:I buy the lad a new shirt every season,go to the games,buy him a programme and - against my better judgement - a hotdog.

And I'm content.

As long as this continues - which I've every confidence it will do,and for years after RD has sold up - I have no interest in the machinations at board level,the rumours,the scare-mongering and personal vendettas - don't think this is an accusation levelled at you - it isn't.

We all support Charlton in our own idiosyncratic ways,but support we do,and that is all that matters.

Fair enough and thanks for the compliments. Yes everyone can and should support the club in their own way. I don't buy my son a shirt, a programme or hot dog ; - ) No, we're all supporters, even the "negatives"

But I still think football clubs and most other business see the value in good PR and good communications if nothing else to quieten down the doomsayers and encourage people who maybe haven't bought a ST or a new shirt yet. Why have the guy Amaud as Network Communications Manager or whatever his title is otherwise?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Don't get more wrong , I thought the majority of your post was excellent and I couldn't have put much of it better myself , however , I've flagged the post because although , like yourself I am slightly sceptical of RD, I didn't like the way you discounted other members opinions , referring to them as muppets etc. at the end of the day we are all Here for the same reason , we support Charlton , sometimes I feel like that isn't the case... Sorry if any offence was taken from the flag , but I just wanted to express my discontent with a certain part of what was a , on the whole , an excellent post
    you agree that it was an excellent post (which it was) then flagged it? I flagged you but then decided that was completely childish and reverting to low levels. She discounted other peoples opinions.?.. did you actually read the whole thread? Everyone discounted hers from the start.

Two wrongs don't make a right