Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Richard Wood medical at Rotherham (p4 - gone)

12346»

Comments

• Scoham said:

On the limited I saw of Basey Lennon , I would be concerned if he was considered first team material for us , back up for the back up I'd accept , think he needs game time on loan elsewhere

I thought it was Fox that played a bit like Basey? I remember Powell saying Lennon had pace...
    You're prolly right , I may be getting them two mixed up , my bad
  • Kap10 said:

ross1 said:

I thought RD had to pay £18m for us as we were not relegated. Also everyone talks about Gomez playing but I am not aware he has signed a new contract yet.

I thought the deal was €13M or £10M + 4M if we stayed up. So £14M but only when they release a number or the accounts will it be possible to see.

Will accounts actually be released?

Baton, the football club and the holdings Co are all due to file accounts by March 2015. These will probably show there is no longer a loan from CAFC holdings (bvi) which was the company Jiminez and Slater used to own 90% of Baton and to fund losses through loans.
    The assumption is that the deal was for c.£14M and that loans of £18-20m have gone so Jiminez/Slater took a "haircut" of £4-5m in order to execute the deal.
  • Can anyone confirm how many championship games at CB young Harry Lennon has under his belt? anyone would think it was a season's worth.
  • Oggy Red said:

Paul Elliott was a regular starter for Charlton at 17

And Lee Bowyer.

Shaun Newton also.

But all a long time ago (you can throw in Billy Bonds, Mike Bailey, Keith Peacock, Bob Curtis and Paul Went).

Konchesky at 16 too.

• Scoham said:

On the limited I saw of Basey Lennon , I would be concerned if he was considered first team material for us , back up for the back up I'd accept , think he needs game time on loan elsewhere

I thought it was Fox that played a bit like Basey? I remember Powell saying Lennon had pace...

I thought Basey was actually quite a good centre back. His problem was the fact he played most of his games for us at left back.

I note that Fox also started as a centre back .Could he be added to the mix as well?

• Cousins is more of a centre back and has played there at various levels I believe.
  • Cousins is more of a centre back and has played there at various levels I believe.

Was a right back at youth level.

• Rotherham just signed Fraser Richardson as well
  • Ross said:

Cousins is more of a centre back and has played there at various levels I believe.

Was a right back at youth level.

pretty sure he's played centre half a fair bit too

• scored on his Crawley debut today.