Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Richard Wood medical at Rotherham (p4 - gone)

Comments

• As he activated his contract extension did we get a fee?
  • Good luck also, did nowt wrong in the way he handled his exit.
  • seemed like the epitome of the honest, straightforward (footie) tradesman, i really liked him (from afar).
  • Good pro. Good luck Richard.
  • edited June 2014
    Dazzler21 said:

As he activated his contract extension did we get a fee?

I dont think his contract extension was taken up
  • If Konchesky can play at a younger age, Joe Gomez has no concerns!
  • Harry Osborne has been signed for a year which is also part of the equation.
  • i Heard we are looking for a CB but Morrison & Lennon is what Bob Peeters would prefer

Yeah, I heard that Peeters turned down the chance to sign Vincent Kompany. "No I'd prefer Lennon" he said.
  • Good luck Richard, good player.
  • Good move for him if his family are still up that way. Pretty steady for us last season, but ultimately, no big loss.
  • Sponsored links:

• I always thought there was something very 'sunday league' about the way he looked in our kit.
  • So Morrison and a new signing (to replace Dervite) as first choice pairing. Let's see who arrives. Then we have Lennon and Gomez learning their trade - all good.
    Thanks Richard Wood. We all move on ;)

Hmmm. First we need to see a new signing if there is one and he has to be at least as good as Dervite was becoming. Last season everyone was fretting over a lack of strikers but the lack of defensive cover is potentially even more alarming.

The business model is to play Lennon while Gomez develops but if he's up to it and I do hope so because I like him, that doesn't allow for injuries, suspensions, illness, loss of form, competition for places, loss of confidence or, perish the thought, someone from Chelsea ringing him up and saying "we like the cut of your jib, young man".

So I wouldn't go as far as saying "all good" but then it's only just the start of pre-season training and new wood could be on it's way. We have effectively gone from Morro Wood Dervite Cort and Lennon to Morro Lennon and (just?) one vacancy.
    100% agree we need more to cover for all the games (including cup runs) and to add quality. I think the squad is 80% there now.
    Until Peeters' press conference I thought it would be Pope in goal first choice with Morrison / Wood.
    They now say they are looking for c.4 players in goal, defence and centre mid.
    As long as they land the right calibre of player with plenty of time to gel then we have the makings of a decent squad and perhaps even better in 2015-16.
    Many will still be unsure until they see a game or three but a quality team on a quality pitch should help win fans over.
  • I liked him, a good no-nonsense defender. However, he wasn't the best on the ball and would like us to get a more "cultured" presence next to Morro....assuming Morro will be in Bob's team, of course.
  • Play gomez the only reason poyet slipped through is there was no foresight or cash to play him young
  • sorry, not bad, but not good enough for Charlton. Deffo div one player. Had some good games, but had some poor games. He was a cheap option when we got him
  • So Morrison and a new signing (to replace Dervite) as first choice pairing. Let's see who arrives. Then we have Lennon and Gomez learning their trade - all good.
    Thanks Richard Wood. We all move on ;)

This
  • Good luck, Woody. Hope it goes well at Rotherham. Every time I saw you play, you reminded me of Lawrie Madden - all left foot
  • I thought RD had to pay £18m for us as we were not relegated. Also everyone talks about Gomez playing but I am not aware he has signed a new contract yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

As he activated his contract extension did we get a fee?

I dont think his contract extension was taken up
    Massive shame if true.
  • ross1 said:

I thought RD had to pay £18m for us as we were not relegated. Also everyone talks about Gomez playing but I am not aware he has signed a new contract yet.

I thought the deal was €13M or £10M + 4M if we stayed up. So £14M but only when they release a number or the accounts will it be possible to see.

• His wife and kids are still in South Yorkshire. He wanted a move back there. Good luck Richard.
  • Decent back up player for us. Will be forgotten very quickly but wish him well.
  • ross1 said:

I thought RD had to pay £18m for us as we were not relegated. Also everyone talks about Gomez playing but I am not aware he has signed a new contract yet.

I thought the deal was €13M or £10M + 4M if we stayed up. So £14M but only when they release a number or the accounts will it be possible to see.

Will accounts actually be released?

• Always gave 100% and was pretty decent cover. But in years to come, definitely one of those on the 'players you forgot played for Charlton' threads.
  • Wood was not a strong defender at all. He was ok but nothing more. League one player really..

I really do worry about old Katrien and these contract negotiations
  • On the limited I saw of Basey Lennon , I would be concerned if he was considered first team material for us , back up for the back up I'd accept , think he needs game time on loan elsewhere
  • On the limited I saw of Basey Lennon , I would be concerned if he was considered first team material for us , back up for the back up I'd accept , think he needs game time on loan elsewhere

I thought it was Fox that played a bit like Basey? I remember Powell saying Lennon had pace...
  • Kap10 said:

ross1 said:

Will accounts actually be released?

Yes they will, for the UK-incorporated business anyway. But I don't know whether that will help. Presumably the transaction(s) in respect of the acquisition of the club were either between the old owners' offshore business and either Staprix or RD personally. If in Staprix's books then I guess we find out in due course, if anyone knows how to access Belgium's public records but if it was RD's personal money and he then "gifted" the club to Staprix, maybe not. Presumably whatever capital value Staprix chooses to put on the club may be different from the actual purchase price anyway?