Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Richard Wood medical at Rotherham (p4 - gone)

Comments

• Southbank said:

Macronate said:

if true, we must be close to getting 1 or more CBs in.

As they had another CF lined up when Kermorgant left

we still going on about that.

• For a club with ambition in the championship he was a good third choice bit no more than third choice! Definitely replaceable and of we had kep Dervite and Morrisson I would have let him go however, with the number of senior centre backs we have in the squad beside him being zero I'd say unless we have 3 lined up we shouldn't let him go...
  • It's an odd one.

One year deal that Richard Cheltenham at the SLP said had an automatic extension which had been triggered.

So maybe that's not the case and he's free to talk to anyone.

Or maybe Wood still has the option to trigger an extra year if Rotherham or another club don't offer him a better deal.
  • It's part of Roland's master plan, technically he doesn't need to be paying footballers wages for June and July so he lets them all go and then on Aug 1st signs up whatever (Belgians) are left club less, all on deals that expire on 31st May 2015. Simples.
  • Not surprised by this , I think he would be a good signing for Rotherham and it would mean a move back to his home area. I think he is a family man and will want a longer contract which the Millers may have granted .

In terms of Charlton if we did get a modest fee then it is also good business . We signed him on a free and after a good start I started to feel he was a weak link towards the end of the season . I think he is replaceable although I did like the fact he was left footed . I hope Harry Lennon can step up ,but if he can't I hope we sign another left footed centre back.
  • Is Phil Chapple still on the scouting staff? Better get Chaps to dust off his boots.
  • It's not clear but I don't think we'll get a fee.
  • Beckboy said:

They will be picking out 2 fans at each game to play CB if your lucky enough to have a golden ticket your the chosen ones .

Will I be able to use my inhaler and walking stick?
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm not worried if he goes I did not rate him. I'm sure that we will replace the players that have left so don't worry just sit back and relax
  • Beckboy said:

They will be picking out 2 fans at each game to play CB if your lucky enough to have a golden ticket your the chosen ones .

Yes the stick might come in handy ;-)))
  • Soapy that should be a yes it didnt stop AA last season and the bets are on that you last longer on the pitch.
  • Beckboy said:

No point pencilling in the home game against the Spanners mate unless you've got rid of that sofa you reckon you hide behind :-)
  • Some great banter on this thread, love it. Can't wait for the replacement centre backs to sign then we can enjoy debating whether they are a step up or back in terms of quality on who we've released.
  • drewman said:

Some great banter on this thread, love it. Can't wait for the replacement centre backs to sign then we can enjoy debating whether they are a step up or back in terms of quality on who we've released.

Absolutely the underwhelmed brigade must be licking their lips :-0
  • LoOkOuT said:

It's OK.
    It's because of Financial Fair Play.
    It's because he's too old and there's better value in youth.
    It's because Little Alfie Naylor's coming through. Yes, he's only 7 but he played for the U9s last year, but if you don't blood them early you'll never know.

How tall is Alfie?
  • LoOkOuT said:

It's OK.
    It's because of Financial Fair Play.
    It's because he's too old and there's better value in youth.
    It's because Little Alfie Naylor's coming through. Yes, he's only 7 but he played for the U9s last year, but if you don't blood them early you'll never know.

How tall is Alfie?
    Knee high to a grasshopper
  • how many actual players do we have now excluding Alfie
  • Sponsored links:

• Decent squad player but not a first teamer for me. Will be interesting as to if the contract extension was in our favour or his.
  • Came for nix. Decent back up player and did his best.

Good luck to him.
  • Decent squad player but not a first teamer for me. Will be interesting as to if the contract extension was in our favour or his.

Alfie or Richard Wood?
  • Has this rumour been confirmed ?
  • i spoke to him just after the season finished and he said he was leaving , so i was surprised when there was talk of him staying
  • edited June 2014
    I don't really rate Wood, although he was decent cover in the circumstances of last season, but you surely need at least three experienced centre halves even if you have good kids coming through. Ask Curbs.
  • No way can we go into the season with Lennon and Gomez plus two senior cb's
  • Perhaps Roland has heard it said that Chris Solly is better than John Terry and no has explained the English sense of humour to him ...
  • I don't really rate Wood, although he was decent cover in the circumstances of last season, but you surely need at least three experienced centre halves even if you have good kids coming through. Ask Curbs.

Never rated Curbs as a centre back plus too old at this stage?

• No way can we go into the season with Lennon and Gomez plus two senior cb's

Don't worry, we're not. It's going to be Lennon, Gomez, an unknown Belgian and a kid from the under 15s.