Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Options
    That's the end of the first innings, Middlesex finished 242/9 in their allotted 50 overs. https://t.co/UOXupdWrXd
  • Options
    Opening with Borthwick is a strange one... don't quite understand. He's gone from 6 to opening.

Hope we send Foakes in 4. He is in great firm so let's give him as long in the middle as possible.
  • Options
    As I type that Rocky is bowled by TRJ for 10. Sanga is in... need a big one from him!
  • Options
    18-1 off 5 overs.
    Stoneman out for 10, bowled by Roland-Jones.
  • Options
    103-1 off 20.3 overs
    Sanga 46 off 48
    Borthwick 42 off 57

Keep it up!
  • Options
    Man in form Ben Foakes keeps the runs flowing!

Burns 21* Foakes 17*
    157/3(33overs) https://t.co/Mdp8oEjfz3
  • Options
    Good comfortable winning the end. And deserved after 2 unlucky losses. Even better with Dernbach unavailable. Well done Rampaul for stepping up in his absence.

Foakesy is doing very well in this format. Impressive.

Would have liked to have seen Pope get a but but glad he wasn't needed in the end.
  • Options
    We're playing again today. Against Sussex at Hove. Sangakkara is out with a groin strain and Dernbach is still out with a back complaint. These are two big losses for a side which are already missing Roy and are still adjusting to the loss of Ansari.

We won the toss and decided to bowl. Sussex are 54-0
  • Options
    That's 5️⃣0️⃣ for Nash and 1️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ up for Sussex!

107/1 (20 overs)
    #SUSvSUR https://t.co/7YmrpJ7ELF

Not a great start today!!!!
  • Options
    Sussex finish on 300-8.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

52/1 (8.5 overs)
    Stoneman - 34
    Sibley - 14 https://t.co/aGVtA8IgTg
  • Options
    WICKET: S. Curran b Garton 6

139/6 (29.1 overs)

Game over really
  • Options
    Struggling here. Missing some big players. Young Pope seems to be batting well...
  • Options
    205 all out - Sussex win by 95 runs.
  • Options
    It was a poor display by Surrey, to be honest. The Currans didn't bowl well and helped to give Sussex a good start. The bowling only tightened up nearly the end with Rampaul and Borthwick being the pick of the bowlers. I still thought 300 was gettable but only Stoneman and Pope showed resilience. Stoneman struggled at first, but then looked set for a ton until he played a loose shot and was caught at deep square leg. Sussex took some good catches and ran out comfortable winners. Being a Sussex supporter, I won't gloat over the win. Sussex are a fairly poor team at the moment, but just had a day when things went well for them.
  • Options
  • Options
    Don't know why link didn't post but today's match Vs Kent will be streamed on surreycricket.com
    Also Roy is back
  • Options
    Yep games being streamed... works quite well with the BBC radio commentary.

Roy in for Sibley
    Sanga in for Pope

Dernbach still injured is a massive loss..

Roy and Rocky got us off to a great start. But Rocky has just gone. 34/1 off 3.5 overs.
  • Options
    With the stream it's much better to get it through the club's YouTube channel rather than the club's site as the traffic on it keeps making the club website freeze.
  • Options
    Shame we're not chasing, finish work at 3 and would have headed to the oval, i do like a good chase
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Shame we're not chasing, finish work at 3 and would have headed to the oval, i do like a good chase

you are Duncan Norville arent you ?
  • Options
    Surrey 141-5

expect Foakes to kick on strong soon thougj
  • Options
    Good recovery by Foakes and the Currans.

Foakes was averaging 150 in this competition before this match.

TC caught behind as I type this.
  • Options
    No I'm no genius but I'm studying an economics degree and I've worked as a data analyst so I feel I have a good understanding of maths and logic. I usually understand D/L in cricket but I just don't get it today.

Our score has been adjusted DOWN to 147 so Kent need 148 to win off 41.

So we batted 10 overs believing it was a 50 over game before it was adjusted down to 46 then 41. So surely that would mean our score would get adjusted up? Why down?

Beyond me?
  • Options
    TC gets DBD bowled. I'm confident we will defend this but I'd be much more confident if we had Dernbach playing...
  • Options

No I'm no genius but I'm studying an economics degree and I've worked as a data analyst so I feel I have a good understanding of maths and logic. I usually understand D/L in cricket but I just don't get it today.

So we batted 10 overs believing it was a 50 over game before it was adjusted down to 46 then 41. So surely that would mean our score would get adjusted up? Why down?

Beyond me?

Pretty sure it's 248 to win, not 148
  • Options

Beyond me?

That's what I meant. 248. Although now the commentators are saying 249. Everyone is confused but no one dares argue.
  • Options

Beyond me?

That's what I meant. 248. Although now the commentators are saying 249. Everyone is confused but no one dares argue.
    Club Twitter says 252!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Beyond me?

Club Twitter says 252!!!!!!!
    All over the place... hope the players know what they are chasing!
  • Options
    Meaker gets Denly for 34, Kent 55/2 Billings is next in