Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Options
    Going very well here... Hampshire 96-6

All the quicks bowling well

T Curran. 5.2 25 1 4.69
    S Curran 6.0 27 2 4.50
    Rampaul 7.0 22 3 3.14
    Meaker 6.0 22 1 3.67
  • Options
    96 for 7 now
  • Options

96 for 7 now

That's what I meant hahaha the 7th wicket fell on 89. My bad.
  • Options
    Hampshire 153 for 7 after 35 overs
  • Options
    Hampshire 271 for 8 after 50 overs.
    Considering they were 89 for 7 that is a very good total for them and very disappointing for us.
  • Options
    Yep absolute shambles to let them off the hook like that. You expect some resistance but to let their 8th wicket partnership go on so long is criminal.
  • Options
    208 for 2 off 33 overs
  • Options
    The man is class. It's been a real pleasure to watching him for Surrey in the last 3 years! Definition of legend. As I type this he hits a 6 described as massive!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only seen him play 3 T20 matches as my 10 year old won't sit for longer than 2/3 hours but he's still been great to watch
  • Options
    Gone off for rain with 32 needed
  • Options
    Off for rain. We are well ahead on D/L
  • Options

Only seen him play 3 T20 matches as my 10 year old won't sit for longer than 2/3 hours but he's still been great to watch

I've managed to get to a few days of championship cricket and a fair number of 50 over games as well as a couple of T20's.

The incredible thing about him is that he makes it look so easy. He scores 100 at a run a ball without a single big shot and without a single risk. Players like Roy will be much more entertaining and there will be plenty of fireworks but there will be chances offered...
  • Options
    Commentators don't think there will be any more play today. Annoying as D/L ruins your net run rate. Somehow! Which could be key to qualifying for the playoff.
  • Options
    It's now on the BBC as a win! Good result.
  • Options
    Final day at Lord's. Sangakkara made another century yesterday, passing 20,000 first class runs in the process, and reached 120 before being dismissed by James Franklin this morning. Foakes and Sam Curran are both currently in the 30s and we're 265-5, leading by 167 runs.
  • Options
    Foakes reaches 50

293-5, leading by 195
  • Options
    And Sam Curran gets his 50 four balls later.
  • Options
    S Curran c Simpson b Rayner 51

293-6
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And that's also lunch.
  • Options
    T Curran b Rayner 22

317-7, leading by 219.
  • Options
    Batty lbw b Roland-Jones 6

330-8, leading by 232.
  • Options
    Meaker b Malan 0

331-9
  • Options
    Footitt c Compton b Malan 0

339 all out. Middlesex will have 242 to chase in around 40 overs.
  • Options
    Gubbins c Foakes b S Curran 5

6-1
  • Options
    13-1 at tea.
  • Options
    Only one wicket since then, and Middlesex have made no attempt to chase down the 242 required to win.

80-2, draw almost certain now.
  • Options
    And the teams agree on a draw with Middlesex on 92-2.
  • Options
    Cheers for the updates Epsom! I've been otherwise occupied for the last few days as today I had the 'day of death' 2 three hour exams one after the other! Looking back on the scoresheet it's clear how brilliant Sanga is! What a man! 4 hundreds in 4 championship innings! The Kent guys call Stevens God the fact is Sanga really is God even though he is called the king by his team mates (he's being modest).

I'm very surprised they didn't have a go at the win. 240 off 40 overs in a one day game and your back yourself. I know the fielding restrictions are different but why not send in Franklin and have a go. If you lose 3 or 4 then shut up shop. What's the point in not trying from the get go. We only play 14 matches this year so the team that can turn the odd draw into a win will win the championship.