Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Astrit Ajdarevic

Comments

• Options

Not surprised at all learning he had a chest infection. Very common with sixty a day smokers.

Ah, so that's what he was blowing out of his a*se :-0
  • Options
    As someone else said, i'd rather have a game-changer for 60 mins than a headless chicken for 90.
  • Options
    back on the bench for Standard today, never came on tho
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I liked this guy's contribution last season albeit blowing out of his ar*e after 60 mins. At least he showed some creative quality on the ball in the middle of the park, something we are sadly lacking at the moment. Re-sign him! 60 mins of quality is better than 90 mins of Jack Sh*t.

Jack Shit or Jacko Shit???? Careful !!
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I liked this guy's contribution last season albeit blowing out of his ar*e after 60 mins. At least he showed some creative quality on the ball in the middle of the park, something we are sadly lacking at the moment. Re-sign him! 60 mins of quality is better than 90 mins of Jack Sh*t.

I do agree. Of the golden intake of Jan 2014 he was streets ahead of the others.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

RedChaser said:

Jack Shit or Jacko Shit???? Careful !!
    Not our Captain Marvelous, Wash your mouth out! :-)
  • Options
    Interesting that Astrid hasn't played for Liege since August http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=51290

Could mean injury but he'll surely be off to a network club at some stage next month
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would welcome AA back. Not a lot of pace but we did create.
  • Options
    I liked Ajdarevic, boy coukd play
  • Options
    Madz said:

We're not claiming to have bought him through the youth system are we?
  • Options
    No ta. No fitness, no pace. Not what we need.
  • Options

Why should Astrit need and fitness or pace... His job isn't to run around like a headless chicken or to make lung bursting runs, instead he drifts in and out, finds the space and gets the ball to where its needed by passing it rather than trying to run at a Defender and ultimately losing it
  • Options

Beggars can't be choosers and without the return of the Coq, we could do a lot worse.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    dizzee said:

Madz said:

We're not claiming to have bought him through the youth system are we?
    Oh i see. meant "he" did create. As in create chances
  • Options
    I'd have him back. We haven't got a lot of creativity in our squad at the moment and he did bring that last season, for one half per game at least! Must admit I'm starting to wonder if JBG is more style over substance.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Liked him, but there's no excuse for a professional footballer being unable to last 90 minutes.

How would your employer react to you being too knackered to last beyond 3 o'clock everyday?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vincenzo said:

Liked him, but there's no excuse for a professional footballer being unable to last 90 minutes.

How would your employer react to you being too knackered to last beyond 3 o'clock everyday?

Depends whats wrong with him though...

Andy Hunt had a shocker in his last match against Coventry and never forget the fans shouting for him to be subbed, of course he scored and we later found out it was the illness that had done the damage and he never played again... Not saying Ajdarevic has the same issue but he may have something similar which leaves him exhausted after a period of time.

In terms of the work place if you had a job where you came down with a condition meaning you had to leave at 3pm... the Manager can be as pissed as they like but to sack you would surely cause discrimination
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Depends, if I got my job done to his satisfaction in half the time of my colleagues he would have been delighted. :-)
  • Options
    If we were to have had him, i would have preferred it for the first half of the season before the Xmas weigh gain than after.....
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    no way the guy was taken on the pitch by stretcher and air lifted off it . Took him 3 bottles of oxygen just to sign a fecking autograph. Never turned a game in the few breathless mins he managed to survive on the pitch.
  • Options
    Not afraid to grab the ball by the bol##cks
    Not many in our current squad willing to do that
  • Options

Must admit I'm starting to wonder if JBG is more style over substance.

me too, flatters to deceive, although I definately think there is more to come. maybe it's a case of just settling in and we will see the best of him from next season.
  • Options

Must admit I'm starting to wonder if JBG is more style over substance.

me too, flatters to deceive, although I definately think there is more to come. maybe it's a case of just settling in and we will see the best of him from next season.
    And has been in and out with injury besides lest we forget. I won't lie, I was hoping for more, or at least a bit more consistently, but JBG hasn't had a real extended run at full fitness for a while now, even without Bob's tactical shenanigans.
  • Options

Why should Astrit need and fitness or pace... His job isn't to run around like a headless chicken or to make lung bursting runs, instead he drifts in and out, finds the space and gets the ball to where its needed by passing it rather than trying to run at a Defender and ultimately losing it
    Didn't mention headless chicken running but he was useless after 5 minutes in most games and hasn't played all season. We need some energy, a driving force in the midfield which the Coq was bringing not an unfit bloke, slower than me puffing out of his arse after 5 minutes.
  • Options

Didn't mention headless chicken running but he was useless after 5 minutes in most games and hasn't played all season. We need some energy, a driving force in the midfield which the Coq was bringing not an unfit bloke, slower than me puffing out of his arse after 5 minutes.
    The headless chicken was in reference to a player who has strong fitness (Which you stated Astrit doesnt have) and just running around for the sake of it trying to look good (Which is what many say on here is all Church does)... as for being useless after 5mins in most games I think it was pretty obvious how important he was to the team as in the majority of games we'd look terribly toothless in attack once he was subbed
  • Options
    We need 6ft athletes in midfield who close down. Not guys standing waiting for a pass. Not lightweights easily knocked off ball.