Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Astrit Ajdarevic

Comments

• Options
    cafc999 said:

At last someone has recognised that he was ill for a large part of his time with us. Chest infection that he couldn't shake off.

I'm not arguing that he is the fittest bloke in the world, but it would at least explain why he ran out of gas so regularly.

I'd have him back, with a full pre-season I think he'd be a real asset.

I would like to believe you, but what is your source for this "chest infection" and why did you not share it with us earlier if you have a reliable source, since you are so critical of those who dared to wonder at his inability to play effectively for mote than 60 minutes?

He said this to me at the sponsors evening Prague. Wether it is true or not I cannot tell you, but it came from his own mouth.
    Thanks, my reply above was before I saw your comment.

Looks to me that he carries a bit of timber, but maybe then he has not been able to train properly either. A 'yes' from me if this is true. However our Belgian journo correspondent says he is the one of our loanees that Standard might still want to keep (more on his comments soon on the Trust website)

• Options

At last someone has recognised that he was ill for a large part of his time with us. Chest infection that he couldn't shake off.

I'm not arguing that he is the fittest bloke in the world, but it would at least explain why he ran out of gas so regularly.

I would like to believe you, but what is your source for this "chest infection" and why did you not share it with us earlier if you have a reliable source, since you are so critical of those who dared to wonder at his inability to play effectively for mote than 60 minutes?

Lol it wasn't a secret or anything where Clem didn't tell anyone , it was in the newshopper !
  • Options
    Pretty sure Riga said Astrit was ill too.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

I'm struggling to find exactly where I was "so critical".

The player himself mentioned it on Twitter, the Newshopper had a story and I'm sure Riga mentioned it when he was left out for a game.
  • Options

I would definitely have him and Sordell back. Add those two to the current squad and we are getting closer to a decent team.

Well no, add those two and we're getting closer to the squad that narrowly avoided relegation last season, minus a manager, keeper and central defence...

Think you'll find it gets us closer to the team who finished with mid-table form under Riga over 16 games. Is Pope good enough? Will Gomez sign and go into the first team with Wood?
    I'm picking the best of what I saw last season and hoping Duchatelet fills the gaps with quality and/or potential.

• Options
    Said it before but fitness is now an absolute science. Players are scrutinised on a daily basis and bloods taken regularly. Any player not showing the required and expected levels based on personalised regimes would need to explain why. Unless there is an underlying cause then a full pre season and some professional application will make him as fit as the next player. It's not rocket science but these days it's not far short.
  • Options

I would definitely have him and Sordell back. Add those two to the current squad and we are getting closer to a decent team.

Well no, add those two and we're getting closer to the squad that narrowly avoided relegation last season, minus a manager, keeper and central defence...

Think you'll find it gets us closer to the team who finished with mid-table form under Riga over 16 games. Is Pope good enough? Will Gomez sign and go into the first team with Wood?
    I'm picking the best of what I saw last season and hoping Duchatelet fills the gaps with quality and/or potential.

He'd have less gaps to fill if he keeps Morrison and Dervite. Does he honestly think we'll replace those two on the cheap?
  • Options

He'd have less gaps to fill if he keeps Morrison and Dervite. Does he honestly think we'll replace those two on the cheap?
    Well both Leicester and Bolton got Hamer and Dervite on the cheap.

• Options
    Yann897 said:

He hardly played last season. Before he came to us ,came here in jan and was expected to play twice a week , he played 90 mins a couple if times and had flu for a bit , with a good pre season behind him I don't think the fitness would be a problem , I'm hoping he comes back but who knows it will be interesting to see what sort of player comes in regardless .

In the most part I agree with you Yann, BUT he is a professional footballer and his inability to last 90 minutes in so many games was very surprising
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having said that whilst he was on the pitch I rated him and would like to see him come back.................if he can finish 90 minutes
  • Options
    I would be delighted if he was the first permanent signing of the summer for us, class player.

Not quite sure what the big fuss over his fitness is, he did complete the full 90 minutes twice, 89 minutes twice and over 75 minutes two or three times.

His fitness needs improving over a full pre season hopefully with us for sure but it was not that bad considering his lack of game time, joining a quicker more physical league, two games a week and illness.

I can't understand how he can be seen as a bad signing by some if he comes in this summer, i can only assume he is tainted by the reputation that network player means automatic negative response to some people.
  • Options

Can't disagree with that. If Gomez signs and is good enough then does he go straight in the team - then we only need one out of Morrison and Dervite to sign.
    There is a pattern here - sign up youth and play them rather than have a team of 27-28 year olds. They are cheaper and if they are good they can be sold on.
    Unfortunately that will lock us in at mid-table unless the academy can retain and deliver the best AND Duchatelet can deliver network and loan players who really enhance the squad.
    We will all know by July what they have planned and been able to do with a sound but incomplete squad.
    I am fairly sure we will have the youngest squad in the Championship but it won't be one of the three worst.
  • Options
    I know this sounds funny but it seems to me Roland is using the tactic we've all used on football manager! Promote the youth! Don't buy big name expensive signings! Spend money on young players with potential big sell on value! And use loans to supplement them! Classic lower league FM strategy there from Roly poly!
  • Options
    What's next: up, up, down, down, B, A, start?
  • Options

I'm struggling to find exactly where I was "so critical".

The player himself mentioned it on Twitter, the Newshopper had a story and I'm sure Riga mentioned it when he was left out for a game.
    "At last someone has recognised that he was ill for a large part of his time with us." I read that as meaning the rest of us should have known this and taken it into account.

I do now recall that at some point he had "flu." Yet he was unfit before that and never got to 90 minute fitness after that either. If he has/had a chronic chest infection , then fair enough, but I do not remember any such news.

I would be very pleased to have a fully fit Ajdarevic.

As an aside I am amazed at how susceptible footballers are to "flu." I remember the last time I had flu. It was 1984. It was a bloody nightmare. Hardly had the strength to get out of bed to go for a piss. You could not mistake it for a heavy cold, if you have it. But footballers seem to get it all the time, sometimes playing while suffering from it. Give me a break.
  • Options
    Okay

I know this sounds funny but it seems to me Roland is using the tactic we've all used on football manager! Promote the youth! Don't buy big name expensive signings! Spend money on young players with potential big sell on value! And use loans to supplement them! Classic lower league FM strategy there from Roly poly!

Okay! Mate! You! May! Well! Be! Right!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    I'm all for giving youth a chance but they need experienced and capable players with them.
  • Options

Unfortunately that will lock us in at mid-table
    Ha ha. Yes, I'd be gutted to only make mid-table.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Said it before but fitness is now an absolute science. Players are scrutinised on a daily basis and bloods taken regularly. Any player not showing the required and expected levels based on personalised regimes would need to explain why. Unless there is an underlying cause then a full pre season and some professional application will make him as fit as the next player. It's not rocket science but these days it's not far short.

Rocket science is incredibly simple: throw stuff fast out the back of the rocket, the rocket moves forward. Rocket technology, on the other hand, now that's complicated.
  • Options

Rocket science is incredibly simple: throw stuff fast out the back of the rocket, the rocket moves forward. Rocket technology, on the other hand, now that's complicated.
    ;0)

• Options
    Posted a pic of himself working out in the gym on I instagram, so at least he's making an effort to get fit.
  • Options

;0)

@ShootersHillGuru‌ -can you explain the picture, please?
  • Options
    Ignore that, just seen the hair.
  • Options

Ignore that, just seen the hair.

I didn't see the hair. My post was a threat ;0)

• Options

Sorry but I thought the chest infection was common knowledge but hey i couldn't quote a solid source for this info.
  • Options

He did leave Charlton a few weeks ago, but has only made it as far as the Valley Cafe where he had to stop for a rest.

He sat opposite me and had breakfast no. 1 with double chips.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Strange hearing so many negative thoughts against him, I genuinely wonder what expectations are for next season if AA isn't good enough

I agree I was very surprised reading some of these comments