Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Astrit Ajdarevic

Any news on him staying ? Nobody has said he has left yet ?

Comments

• He told me that he was going back to Liege
  • On his Instagram it still says Charlton Athletic FC

• cafc999 said:

He told me that he was going back to Liege

Yep he told me as well

• All the loans were over at the end of season.

We'll have to see if he is loaned again or even transferred pernanantly.
  • Fitness is now a science. I can't see why with the proper regime that Astrit can't get to peak fitness and become the player that we have seen in glimpses. If he can't get fit then it would seem that there is an underlying issue preventing it. I don't think that's likely. I would be very happy to see a fully fit Astrit back at The Valley.
  • Based solely on his interview on CAFC Player, I'd say Ajdarevic doesn't have a clue who he'll be playing for next season. He's under contract at Standard though so I guess its up to them and, in turn, Duchatelet. Fingers crossed that they'd don't think he's quite right for Standard and send him back.

• Fitness problems aside he is incredibly slow. Would like to see us try to add real pace to the midfield, esp if Poyet and Cousins are playing because for their qualities they don't add pace.
  • Sponsored links:

• As long as Thuram doesn't return.
  • If like to see petrucci in on a year long loan! Think he had the quality AA did and better fitness apparently! My man u friends rate him highly!
  • Okay!
  • Cousins is pretty quick!
  • AA under contract until 2016 at SL.
  • He did leave Charlton a few weeks ago, but has only made it as far as the Valley Cafe where he had to stop for a rest.

Take a bow son. I literally LOL'd at that. (and it doesn't happen often).

• I would like to see Astrit sign either another loan deal or on a permanent basis. He showed some real class, and his fitness levels can be improved. I think two games a week didn't allow for much fitness training, plus he had flu which can be very tiring in some cases. Am sure at full fitness he would be a good signing for us.
  • Well, I like him.
  • I like him, he is good on the ball and has some natural ability. But for whatever reason he can't last the whole game and for that reason I am out.
  • Sponsored links:

• As a player he is very good but he has shocking stamina for a young lad. If could sort that out he would be a great signing
  • He hardly played last season. Before he came to us ,came here in jan and was expected to play twice a week , he played 90 mins a couple if times and had flu for a bit , with a good pre season behind him I don't think the fitness would be a problem , I'm hoping he comes back but who knows it will be interesting to see what sort of player comes in regardless .
  • Ajdarević, Petrucci or Koren would be a decent start in the team rebuilding process, but I doubt we'll see any of them in Charlton Red
  • edited May 2014

At last someone has recognised that he was ill for a large part of his time with us. Chest infection that he couldn't shake off.

I'm not arguing that he is the fittest bloke in the world, but it would at least explain why he ran out of gas so regularly.

I'd have him back, with a full pre-season I think he'd be a real asset.

I would like to believe you, but what is your source for this "chest infection" and why did you not share it with us earlier if you have a reliable source, since you are so critical of those who dared to wonder at his inability to play effectively for mote than 60 minutes?

• I would definitely have him and Sordell back. Add those two to the current squad and we are getting closer to a decent team.
  • At last someone has recognised that he was ill for a large part of his time with us. Chest infection that he couldn't shake off.

I'm not arguing that he is the fittest bloke in the world, but it would at least explain why he ran out of gas so regularly.

I'd have him back, with a full pre-season I think he'd be a real asset.

I would like to believe you, but what is your source for this "chest infection" and why did you not share it with us earlier if you have a reliable source, since you are so critical of those who dared to wonder at his inability to play effectively for mote than 60 minutes?

He said this to me at the sponsors evening Prague. Wether it is true or not I cannot tell you, but it came from his own mouth.
  • shine166 said:

Id rather someone last 60 mins and change a game, than run around like a nutter and contribute nothing.

Possibly but the guy is only 23. It is not natural that a high level pro footballer cannot manage at his age to last anywhere near 90 minutes.

If he has had a lingering chest infection that would be an explanation; hopefully he is over it. Maybe @Clem_Snide may clarify.

If however if it is a matter of diet/lifestyle, then I would not be happy at all to see us paying his salary. That might have been acceptable once but Fergie put an end to that attitude when he kicked out the boozers.