Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nigel is a errr, Nigel

Turns out Farage is a stripey.

I could handle the racism, sexism, lack of policies, and corruption.

They've lost my vote now though.

Comments

• You are joking. Tell me you are joking.
  • Afraid not.
  • Can't say I'm surprised, as he went to Dulwich College.
  • "Winston McKenzie raised the roof when he proclaimed: “I’m black and I’m proud and I’ll shout it out loud!” Well, I’m a stockbroker’s son and Dulwich College old boy. My family came to Britain as part of the Huguenot influx more than 300 years ago. And I’m proud of that too. Winston and I have something important in common beyond a shared appreciation of the exploits of Crystal Palace FC. We believe we are on the brink of achieving an election result so extraordinary that Messrs Parris, Aaronovitch et al may be forced to contemplate the possibility that they have got Ukip wrong."
  • He's one of your own
    He's one of your own
    Nigel Farage
    He's one of your own
  • THEMCA said:

Drinks in the Blacksmiths and know him quite well. Supports his local team, as much as I hate Palace, I always have respect for anyone supporting their local team. Being born in Greenwich I am a Charlton fan.

I'd be interested in the evidence that he was interested in football at all pre around World Cup 1990, the accepted date when football started to become fashionable among the middle classes.

Dulwich College was a rugger bugger school which considered football to be beneath its gilded youth.
  • THEMCA said:

Drinks in the Blacksmiths and know him quite well. Supports his local team, as much as I hate Palace, I always have respect for anyone supporting their local team. Being born in Greenwich I am a Charlton fan.

I'd be interested in the evidence that he was interested in football at all pre around World Cup 1990, the accepted date when football started to become fashionable among the middle classes.

Dulwich College was a rugger bugger school which considered football to be beneath its gilded youth.
    Do you feel somehow superior to those who started watching football after you? It's a bit weird IMHO.
  • Sponsored links:

• THEMCA said:

Don't really understand your point?!
  • I always thought the man was a first class twat now knowing Nigel is a Nigel , it confirms it.
  • My parents made me sit the entrance exam for that place when I was 11. I failed.
    Wasn't sorry then, even less sorry now.
  • THEMCA said:

This

I thought Nigel was more into Cricket?
  • I suspect in reality he is as much Palace as David Haye is Millwall, Osama Bin Laden is Arsenal and Bjon Bourg is Charlton
  • THEMCA said:

That's odd;I always imagined you to be one of those people...

Cue - I've supported Charlton longer than anybody else alive, etc.
  • I suspect in reality he is as much Palace as David Haye is Millwall, Osama Bin Laden is Arsenal and Bjon Bourg is Charlton

Steady - Borg is an Addick through and through !
  • Wait till I tell the Charlton supporting UKIP candidate for Crayford

: - )

PS. I gave this thread 12 hours : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• I have not found any real evidence to suggest Nigel is a palace fan. He is a great lover of Cricket and has never talked about anything to do with football.

If Nigel does turn out to be a Palarse fan, so what. Despite being a UKIP supporter myself I don't care what football team he supports or whether he dislikes Charlton as long as his own intentions does not affect any negativity towards Charlton. David Cameron is a Villa fan but he has not done any negative policies towards Birmingham City.
  • THEMCA said:

Attendance at a rugby playing school doesn't automatically mean anti football. Is my memory playing tricks or didn't Battle For The Valley mention that you are an old Dunstonian?

You and Nige must be cut from the same cloth

:-)
  • Haha brilliant! I image our most vehement, irrational Palace haters will get in a bit of a mess over this seeing as they are the sort of people that would vote UKIP! Oh the irony :-P

I'm an irrational Palace hater and I'm Labour so not sure why you think the two are connected.
    lol ok....an irrational and illogical hatred for, in effect, an entity and a whole bunch of people you've never met....I mean come on, thats the cornerstone of UKIP policy isn't it! :-P

• LenGlover said:

THEMCA said:

Attendance at a rugby playing school doesn't automatically mean anti football. Is my memory playing tricks or didn't Battle For The Valley mention that you are an old Dunstonian?

You and Nige must be cut from the same cloth

:-)
    It's true. (redskin will love it) Didn't want to go on about it. I hated it there. School on Saturday mornings, had to play rugby Sat afternoon. Got a lot of sick notes so i could go to the Valley. Sure, there were kids who liked football, and supported teams, but as I recall we really were a minority, and usually the LCC scholarship kids. I really was the only Charlton fan. Obviously Farage is a different generation but I'm pretty sceptical that he will have been an active Palace fan at that age. Of course he's in the business of presenting himself as the ordinary down to earth bloke you can go for a pint with - in which case he needs to have a football team. Maybe not. If he was on the Holmesdale bank as a teenager, I'll take my hat off to him and apologise.

Thing is Len, I'd criticise any politician of any colour who just attached himself to football to gain votes. Take John Prescott. I listened to him defending the Hull Tigers thing, and was gobsmacked. He really doesn't have football in his blood at all, really doesn't get it.
  • If he genuinely follows palace, why does it matter how long he has followed them, as I said, it's weird.
  • He's followed Palace since someone mentioned to him that it might be worth a few votes to look like a man of the people. So by my reckoning that's about three months. I doubt he could drive straight to Selhurst Park if his euro MP expenses claim depended on it.