Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Goodbye and thanks Danny Green

Comments

• Options

Just been sent off

Quite a feat, Danno !

Came on in 69th minute, received a yellow then a 2nd in injury time....

Bet Karl was over the moon.

You forgot that his free kick lead to their goal, Fanny. Danny had a busy time, at least he made an impact, unlike our subs.

• Options
    Has he worked out how to clear the first man when taking a corner yet ?
  • Options

A lot of Buyens bookings are tactical, i.e. to break up play and stop counter attacks. No problem with that and about time we had a player prepared to do it.

I think that is being generous. He gets beaten or is caught wrong side and then clips the player from behind.

Great passer of the ball, not so good defensively.
  • Options

A lot of Buyens bookings are tactical, i.e. to break up play and stop counter attacks. No problem with that and about time we had a player prepared to do it.

I think that is being generous. He gets beaten or is caught wrong side and then clips the player from behind.
    I disagree. Couple of times he's brought his man down quite deliberately in order to prevent a break. Takes one for the team and I have no problem with that or the subsequent suspension.

• Options

Great passer of the ball, not so good defensively.
    Agreed, many of them have been for tug backs where he's been caught out. Yes he 'took one for the team' but it was generally his own positional error which made him have to do it in the first place!
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

I disagree. Couple of times he's brought his man down quite deliberately in order to prevent a break. Takes one for the team and I have no problem with that or the subsequent suspension.

A bit of both to be honest, have seen him "take one for the team" and trying to rectify an error.

I still think he is coming to terms with the physicality of the championship and how little time he has to dwell on the ball, so good and bad in patches.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

PL54 said:

Nor have any of our current team.

Solly should be taking our corners.

• Options
    Going to throw one out there and suggest Morgan Fox for set pieces…
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Oggy Red said:

PL54 said:

Our best crosser, indeed our last goal (Ventekole's at Reading) was from a pacey Solly cross.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Going to throw one out there and suggest Morgan Fox for set pieces…

He's better off with his height being the fox in the box...
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Oggy Red said:

PL54 said:

Whilst I agree he would be great at corners, someone like Solly is best left in our half in case of any counter attacks. Bikey and Ben Haim will be in or around the box.
  • Options
    No mention of his house yet? This forum is losing its charm
  • Options
    Shocked to hear Wagstaffe is expecting an England call up.
  • Options
    Shocked to hear Wagstaffe is expecting an England call up.
    What? Homes Under the Hammer?
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    My 11 year old is on a football course (he’s shit) at Goffs Academy school Cheshumt and Danny Green is one of the coaches there , he clocked my sons Charlton top and spoke to him about promotion with SCP as manager .
    told The boys he’d scored at Wembley.
    looked him up and he’s only 32 

This is how you establish your pedigree as a player ... it doesn't matter who you played for, or at what level.  It's all about the stories you can tell.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    My 11 year old is on a football course (he’s shit) at Goffs Academy school Cheshumt and Danny Green is one of the coaches there , he clocked my sons Charlton top and spoke to him about promotion with SCP as manager .

Pleased to see your boy has been Charltonised so young.

#proud
    Just heard that @oohaahmortimer's son has picked up what was first thought to be a minor knock during the football course but is now expected to be out of action for up to 6 months. #charltonised
  • Options

Scored at Wembley? 
  • Options

Scored at Wembley? 
    With Dagenham & Redbridge I think
  • Options

Scored at Wembley? 
    With Dagenham & Redbridge I think
    Yeah it was. Took them to league 1. Mental for a club that size.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Scored at Wembley? 
    With some old slapper after a night at the dogs.
    Daggers. Nice bloke met him a few times a good un under SCP
  • Options
    Did he say “No wonder you’re so shit”?
    😉