Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Goodbye and thanks Danny Green

Comments

• Not one of my favourites I'm afraid as he flattered to deceive and produced too little for me. However he sounds a decent bloke so I wish him all the best for the future.

• In the fight back away to Derby in the 12/13 season he looked a very good Championship player. The quality was there but not the consistency.

Good luck DG.
  • Good luck Danny
  • We wish Danny well at wherever his future may be.
  • skilful player, has the tools to make it in the championship but I fear it's upstairs that his problems lie, you can definitely see why he was in the charlton academy but you can also see why we released him at 16. Good luck Danny, thanks for the cracker at Derby!
  • Will end up at Orient
  • His best game was against Blackburn at the Valley last season, unfortunately nothing since.

All the best to him though.
  • Inline Danny and its a shame it didn't work out. Highlights for me were MK Dons away with that dumny and cross for Yann and the first half v Carlisle at home when he gave the best display of crossing and terrorising wing play I've ever seen (at league 1 level) as we went 3-0 up. Second half he did bugger all which kind off sums up his career with us. Good luck Danny. What might have been........

Plus he single handedly gave us our FA cup run this season. 2-0 down at home to Oxford we were pitiful & going out. On came Greenie and he changed the tempo of the game & made the equaliser for kermy.
  • Will end up at Orient

Or Brentford
  • Sponsored links:

• Orient was his ideal move.
  • Echo everyone's good wishes to Danny for his future career.
  • Nice talking to you last night Danny. All the best to you. Hope you end up at one of the clubs you'd like.
  • Good luck to him. Played a part in the last 3 seasons, especially the promotion season. Was looking forward to seeing him in league games after a promising performance v Welling, but he never really performed as hoped. Had his moments of course with a few goals and some good assists.

Never really got a run of games in this league, but I'm not sure he showed quite enough to keep his place. What I don't think helped him was a midfield of similar(ish) players, playing alongside 2 or 3 Stephens, Hollands and Jackson the team lacked pace, energy and movement. Adding 1 or 2 of Wagstaff, Pritchard, Wilson and Harriott added that to the team, often at right midfield.
  • Always liked DG and never quite got the anger directed towards him. Saw some great corners and crosses, but it wasn't happening. Good luck. Can we start posting on the match thread every time he has an assist or goal or blows his nose now?
  • Like his namesake Danny Hollands he was a key member of our L1 promotion team , so I wish him well.

It was mentioned earlier ,my hunch is he might go down two divisions to Luton.

John Still plucked him out from non league and he would link up with Paul Benson again.
  • boggzy said:

Got a lot of undeserved stick from keyboard warriors.

Good luck to him. A bit of an enigma /character, and god knows the game needs more of these.

Dare I say it, not particularly well managed by CP. Can't just play someone for a game /half a game, expect instant results then drop them again for another 5 games (see Harriott recently).

Thanks and good luck Danny.

Very well said agree 100%
  • edited May 2014
    I'm going to miss his house, it was well nice.
  • Best of luck for the future Danny! thanks
  • Sponsored links:

• IMO a much maligned player. Some fans would not give him any encouragement whenever he was brought on to play and openly barracked him. That is no way to treat any one wearing the shirt. I think there is more to come from Danny and will watch his remaining career with interest. Good luck Danny
  • Danny Green impressed me on his debut, pre-season friendly at Welling, 2011, cutting in from the right up the slope and firing a corker from outside the box. I had high hopes - as a winger, he had scored 15 goals in the previous season for the Daggers. I like the idea of Danny Green: an outsider, a maverick. Unpredictable. Serious barnet. Stroppy.

For those who have condemned Danny Green to Southend - he could inflame any Championship team. Watch those penetrating long throws in to the box. But don't let him take a corner...
  • Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 10m
    Danny Green signs three year deal with MK Dons. #cafc
  • Good news. Not sure their fans are going to be too impressed after his lian spell but I hope he can take the opportunity to get gsmes and both figuratively and actually kick on.
  • http://www.mkdons.com/news/article/danny-boys-back-1571667.aspx

“I’m delighted to be here,” he told MK Dons Player. “When I knew I wasn’t being kept on at Charlton, MK Dons were the Club I wanted to come to. Luckily the Club wanted me too so everyone’s happy!

“There was a bit of interest but MK Dons stood out because of the way the team plays football, the manager, who is great, the players, who I know from my spell last year, and the stadium. I can’t wait to get started.”

Dons boss Karl Robinson told mkdons.com: “Danny showed during his time with us last season what a quality player he is, with his delivery, guile, work-rate and set-pieces, plus he’s got a long throw.
  • Nice one Danny. Good luck at the dons.
  • edited May 2014
    Kap10 said:

Good news. Not sure their fans are going to be too impressed after his lian spell but I hope he can take the opportunity to get gsmes and both figuratively and actually kick on.

Should that be his loan spell or his lean spell? Anyway all the best to him.
  • Good luck to him, absolute gentleman both times my little boy and I met him. I said to my lad (who's 8) this morning while taking him to school, looks like we've got a new manager...."Oh, let me guess, he's Belgian!"
  • Good Luck Danny.
  • Good luck to the lad. I too have spoken to Danny, and as has been mentioned on here several times, he was a thoroughly nice bloke.