Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Goodbye and thanks Danny Green

Comments

• Thanks for your efforts Danny and good luck for your future career. Don't give up developing your game, you are certainly very talented. One of the greatest wingers of them all, Colin Powell, didn't even learn how to consistently beat his fullback until he was about 25, then all of a sudden, it clicked for him and he never stopped leaving them on their backsides from then on.
  • Best of luck for your future career and thanks for being part of our record-breaking promotion team.
  • Yes, I do think he can improve to be a championship standard winger, but he needs to do that in League one with a team that is going to let him play games.
  • He'll end up at MK Franchise I reckon. Good luck to him , was always gutted it didn't work out for him as he defo had some quality about him just couldn't show it often enough for one reason or another.
  • Has he had Marvin Sordell tattooed on his arse yet?
  • edited May 2014
    Danny Green is a lovely bloke and I've seen some great skill from him a couple more years and regular play he'll be great.
  • edited May 2014
    Shame it never quite worked out. My fond memories will be the game changing introductions as subs away at MK Dons to earn us a 1-1.draw having been played off the park 1st half and almost dragging us back to a draw at Derby when we lost 3-2 from 3 down and they were hanging on for their lives. All the best for the future.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good luck Danny, you definitely contributed to that superb league one side. Dizzee is spot on....we will be letting go a number of players that can do a job for a league one side next session.
  • Yes, I do think he can improve to be a championship standard winger, but he needs to do that in League one with a team that is going to let him play games.

Got a great long throw as well as a bit of skill. Needs to improve / work on his positional sense. With a run of games and working on his discipline (position not temprement) Danny Green can still do well. Good luck to the future and I hope that he finds a decent team where he can develop and flourish as a player.
  • When he was on form always exciting when he was teeing up for a shot on goal - I was at Bolton when he scored that thunderbolt of a goal. Still don't know how we didn't nick a point even though we were 3-0 down in the first half (should have been more). Best of luck Danny.
  • He had his moments, no doubt about it. There is football in him.

His main problem was consistency of the good performances, positional sense and defending.

Which ultimately makes the difference.

I hope he finds a club where they play him every week so he can up his game and not be a bit part.

Good luck to him.
  • I had a chat with him at Harlow Town stadium a couple of weeks ago. I think he would fancy MK Dons if the opportunity was there.
  • Good luck Danny.
  • Nothing against him personally but not sorry to see him go. Apart from VERY occasional flashes of brilliance his time at Charlton has not been noteworthy. Good luck in the future but, as SCP would say, we move on.
  • Good luck Danny you played your part in the championship winning team
  • Good luck to him. Shame it didn't work out.
  • Not many great memories but never mind. Does he support Charlton?
  • Sponsored links:

• I will never forget the last minute winner in front of the fans on Boxing Day at Yeovil. Wish him all the best but have a funny feeling he may come back to play against us next season and have a worldie.
  • At the sponsors evening he seemed to say he wasn't sure what was happening next season. It would appear we are acting v quickly this time around
  • Top lad always had time for the fans. With a bit more experience I think he's good enough for the Champ.
  • Good luck Danny.
  • RedChaser said:

Shame it never quite worked out. My fond memories will be the game changing introductions as subs away at MK Dons to earn us a 1-1.draw having been played off the park 1st half and almost dragging us back to a draw at Derby when we lost 3-2 from 3 down and they were hanging on for their lives. All the best for the future.

That was one of the best wing displays I've seen plus he blasted in a great long shot. Sadly though he did give away a penalty too!
  • Not many great memories but never mind. Does he support Charlton?

A few more than Jordan Cook though!!!!
  • An infuriating player, cos i still maintain he has a lot of ability, just didnt show it in the champ.

Wont forget that last minute winner at yeovil, probably my most mental moment in the promotion season!
  • edited May 2014
    I like Danny and its a shame it didn't work out. Highlights for me were MK Dons away with that dumny and cross for Yann and the first half v Carlisle at home when he gave the best display of crossing and terrorising wing play I've ever seen (at league 1 level) as we went 3-0 up. Second half he did bugger all which kind off sums up his career with us. Good luck Danny. What might have been........
  • Was on his table last night, nice guy. Does have some interest from a Championship club so we may see him at The Valley next season.