Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Goodbye and thanks Danny Green

Comments

• Options
    Good luck to him
  • Options
    Good luck Danny
  • Options
    Scoham said:

http://www.mkdons.com/news/article/danny-boys-back-1571667.aspx

“I’m delighted to be here,” he told MK Dons Player. “When I knew I wasn’t being kept on at Charlton, MK Dons were the Club I wanted to come to. Luckily the Club wanted me too so everyone’s happy!

“There was a bit of interest but MK Dons stood out because of the way the team plays football, the manager, who is great, the players, who I know from my spell last year, and the stadium. I can’t wait to get started.”

Dons boss Karl Robinson told mkdons.com: “Danny showed during his time with us last season what a quality player he is, with his delivery, guile, work-rate and set-pieces, plus he’s got a long throw.

WORK RATE!!!!

As if
  • Options
    Should be able to punt out a few t-shirts at the Sunday market up there?
  • Options
    I love the 'plus he's got a long throw' comment..

Good luck Danny.
  • Options
    Is he off to Brasil?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I'll never understand how, why and who exactly supports MK Dons. Here's their forum - http://www.concreteroundabout.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10773&sid=a859b5e833cced07151d1f5836b049c1

'What a signing!! He is the sort of player we need to get us up..!'

Good luck Danny Green.
  • Options
    Good luck Danny. Even now, playing for another team in another division I secretly feel he'll come good for us.
  • Options
    I'm going to miss Greeny.

Now he's gone, which player's house can we now talk about?
  • Options
    Best of luck Danny, didn't work out but it happens.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Work rate, long throw .... Baller
  • Options
    "plus he's got a long throw" made me piss myself no idea why
  • Options
    Good luck Danny....
  • Options
    Good move for him and Mk. Best of luck Danny.
  • Options
    I thought Danny Green was a decent player in league 1. Remember the mk dons have seen him. Seems a good fit.
  • Options
    Work rate lol

Good luck Danny
  • Options
    Good luck Danny. A really nice lad who I wish all the best in his future career.
  • Options
    Perfect club for him, mk dons are all flash and no substance whatsoever.

Great bloke and i hope he shoves my words down my throat.
  • Options
    Just been sent off
  • Options

Just been sent off

Quite a feat, Danno !

Came on in 69th minute, received a yellow then a 2nd in injury time....

Bet Karl was over the moon.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm more shocked he put in a tackle.
  • Options
    You could have at least started a new thread Paulie.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

He actually puts in a lot of tackles, just often badly timed. Picks up a lot of bookings for a winger.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

He actually puts in a lot of tackles, just often badly timed. Picks up a lot of bookings for a winger.
    So, his tackling is just like his passing shooting crossing heading the rest of his game.

But he does try, bless him............
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Buyens is another player who's a complete lightweight that's always being booked!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    cafctom said:

Unfortunately mate by your own definition, he can't tackle (properly that is). It is an art and all about timing otherwise you are kicking fresh air or the man and sadly the latter is what DG does most of the time. He showed promise but just never had the all round game to make the step up another level.

Favourite moments for me was the impact he made from the bench at 1) MK franchise to set up Yann for an equaliser and a point after we had been played off the park first half and 2) Derby away when he got us back to 3-2 and they were hanging on for grim death at the end.

Edit; looking back in this thread my favourite DG moments (watching him live) are still the same :-)
  • Options

cafctom said:

Buyens is another player who's a complete lightweight that's always being booked!
    Buyens get booked because he is not afraid to go into challenges and never ducks out
  • Options
    "And they were punished in the 87th minute when Alli stabbed home from a Danny Green free-kick."

He got an assist !

Not certain but I think he may have got sent off for time wasting as his second booking
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

cafctom said:

Unfortunately mate by your own definition, he can't tackle (properly that is). It is an art and all about timing otherwise you are kicking fresh air or the man and sadly the latter is what DG does most of the time. He showed promise but just never had the all round game to make the step up another level.

Favourite moments for me was the impact he made from the bench at 1) MK franchise to set up Yann for an equaliser and a point after we had been played off the park first half and 2) Derby away when he got us back to 3-2 and they were hanging on for grim death at the end.
    My favourite moment was his winner away against Yeovil on Boxing Day a few years ago.

Terrible player mind.