Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink - not in the running for manager says Cawley (summer 2022 p6)

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:

The SLP asked TS a question and he answered it, not much more he could have done

The South London Press asked Charlton owner Thomas Sandgaard last week about the rumours of Hasselbaink being in the mix to succeed Nigel Adkins.

The US-based Dane told our publication last week that more than 100 applications had been received.

“Obviously he has been on the list [of potential candidates] but we’ve not had any talks with Jimmy,” said Sandgaard last Wednesday. “Despite the loss [to Charlton], he is obviously doing a good job. Good for him.”

Not much more he could have done? Surely you just say something like “we have been considering a list of potential candidates but Johnnie has done a brilliant job and that factors significantly into our thinking” 

It’s a pretty easy question to navigate and there’s no need to answer the question by revealing who is or isn’t on the list. 
    But that is the whole point of this convo, clearly he is not going to say "Johnnie has done a brilliant job" because something is going on in the background. He would look stupid saying that and then appointing someone else.

I sincerely hopes all this speculation is wrong and JJ gets it but you have to wonder what the hold up is now.
  • Options
    I would imagine the hold up is that he set a timescale and he is sticking to it?  Or am I missing something?
  • Options
    "Obviously he has been on the list [of potential candidates] but we’ve not had any talks with Jimmy,” 

Pretty much a non-story here then.
    100%, I said this above.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    "Obviously he has been on the list [of potential candidates] but we’ve not had any talks with Jimmy,” 

JFH is clearly one of those CVs that was previously mentioned and he/his agent is trying to drum up a bit of press. Even if he's nowhere near actually getting the job (which it seems he is not) it gets his name out there.

There's going to be a few more stories like this one until an actual appointment is confirmed I think. I wouldn't read too much into it. Harris and Hasselbaink both linked and publically rejected in space of 3 days, it's paper talk IMO. 
  • Options

It’s Cawley Click Bait . He loves stirring the pot to get his hits . It’s a total non story 
  • Options
    JJ is 100% Charlton, JFH is 0% Charlton, shouldn't be a difficult choice if it were between the two of them.
  • Options
    JFH only scored for us against teams he had previously played for. That was 2 goals. Imagine if he were manager and that statistic continued as our manager. Maybe we may win 3 games.
    Did he play for Chesterfield?
  • Options
    JFH - FFS !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    haslebank called us a ‘cute’ club - he can fall in well as far as I’m concerned - 

• Options
    mascot88 said:
    haslebank called us a ‘cute’ club - he can fall in well as far as I’m concerned - 

Wells are relatively small in diameter. I doubt big Jim would fit
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Jimmy Floyd-Hasselbaink: the man who couldn't celebrate a goal against Chelsea at the Jimmy Seed end because he cared more about the feelings of the odious  Chelsea fans than Cafc fans.

Now his agent has put his name in the frame for Cafc yet again; must be the seven year itch.

No, No, No, we have Jacko,
    Jimmy Floyd, can go, go, go.
    When scoring he kept his shirt on
    His odds now have gone for a Burton. 
    Jimmy loves to swim in the river Trent,
    He was never as good as Darren Bent.
  • Options
    Does the cup not count then?
  • Options
    JFH only scored for us against teams he had previously played for. That was 2 goals. Imagine if he were manager and that statistic continued as our manager. Maybe we may win 3 games.
    He scored against Chelsea and Middlesbrough for us iirc

As I said above, I remember the goal at the Valley, where I thought he had a tap in after good work by Darren Bent.

Did JFH celebrate the goal against Middlesbrough, or did he look sad like he did against Chelsea ?
  • Options
    Jimmy Floyd-Hasselbaink: the man who couldn't celebrate a goal against Chelsea at the Jimmy Seed end because he cared more about the feelings of the odious  Chelsea fans than Cafc fans.

Now his agent has put his name in the frame for Cafc yet again; must be the seven year itch.

This is the sort of thing where fans are massively hypocritical. I personally have no issues with players paying respect to their previous clubs and I've seen our fans cop the hump plenty of times!
  • Options

This is the sort of thing where fans are massively hypocritical. I personally have no issues with players paying respect to their previous clubs and I've seen our fans cop the hump plenty of times!
    It is easier to be reasonable if the player is a striker who has already.scored and celebrated plenty for the team and fans who now pay his wages. 

• Options
    I'd be annoyed if I was a Burton fan at him chasing after a job he's not going to get at a club level with you in the table.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He scored against Chelsea and Middlesbrough for us iirc
    Plus an away fixture at Chesterfield…..was in one of the cups.
  • Options
    It’s not really relevant but I always like to remind myself of the immortal translated quote from The Tank before his debut for us at Chelsea:

”Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank has never scored when playing against Jorge Costa”
  • Options
    I'd be annoyed if I was a Burton fan at him chasing after a job he's not going to get at a club level with you in the table.
    Especially when his current side just lost to the team that he apparently wants to manage.
  • Options
    I imagine the Burton Directors are annoyed as well !!
  • Options
    What's Cawley's aim with all the JFH guff? 

• Options
    mendonca said:

Views on the SLP - He isn't a Charlton fan so needs to generate enough interest on the SLP website which then surely generates more revenue for the newspaper through the advertising.
  • Options
    mendonca said:

he's going camping at new year and want a pair of jfh's shorts to sleep in with 37 family members
  • Options

Don't celebrate, fine, but don't do what he did - he threw his arms up like an "oopsie, sorry everyone" and then got a round of applause from the chelsea fans. Completely killed any sense of momentum we could've gained from him scoring. I also think it was his first goal for us. 
  • Options

Don't celebrate, fine, but don't do what he did - he threw his arms up like an "oopsie, sorry everyone" and then got a round of applause from the chelsea fans. Completely killed any sense of momentum we could've gained from him scoring. I also think it was his first goal for us. 
    JFH reminds me of that awful season, started under the ‘management’ of Dowie - we had some shocking players - Amdy Faye, JFH, Djimi Traore - at the first home game that season, after 20 minutes I turned my Dad and said ‘we are going down, we are dog shite’ - he was a bit shocked that I was convinced of this after 20 mins - 5 games later, he was in complete agreement !!
  • Options

Not sure I agree with that to be honest, can't see the relevance.