Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink - not in the running for manager says Cawley (summer 2022 p6)

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Don’t get the anger towards JFH to be honest. Disappointing season at the end of his career, though I never felt he wasn’t trying. 

Never had a to-do with the fans, or an incident where he’s spoke ill of us as a club. Always seemed respectful 

Never got a noticeable negative reaction when returning as a manager. 

Yet reaction over last couple of days has bracketed him as real hate figure. 

He wouldn’t be my choice and probably wouldn’t be in my top 10, but he’s equally not on my ‘please god No’ list either 
    I didn't get it either.  

For some strange reason though he really, really wants the job though.  That's why he is always linked.
  • Options
    He's in my 'if Jacko got the sack for this guy, I'm out' category. 

He's not shown himself to be any better than Jackson.
  • Options
    Don’t get the anger towards JFH to be honest. Disappointing season at the end of his career, though I never felt he wasn’t trying. 

Never had a to-do with the fans, or an incident where he’s spoke ill of us as a club. Always seemed respectful 

He wouldn’t be my choice and probably wouldn’t be in my top 10, but he’s equally not on my ‘please god No’ list either 
    The main reason I didn’t want him is due to a large proportion of the fan base disliking him. I actually think he’s a decent manager but I’d rather have someone that the majority of the fan base are right behind from the very start.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I didn't get it either.  

For some strange reason though he really, really wants the job though.  That's why he is always linked.
    Nice to be back in London maybe?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I didn't get it either.  

Charlton are still one of the bigger clubs in the league in terms of name recognition and budget, he probably feels like he has a certain ceiling currently that he wouldn't have here. A chance to really prove himself as a manager. 

Not that I want him to get it, just my view on why he'd be interested. 
  • Options
    Hasselbaink always seems like one of those guys who thinks he is more intelligent than he actually is.

He'd be the type to go to an art museum, pretend he is really into it yet not have a clue.

I don't think he's utter shit as a manager, yet, he's never going to manage at a top-level. 

he's not what we need.

Nothing against him though, he seems like a nice enough guy.
  • Options
    Hasselbaink always seems like one of those guys who thinks he is more intelligent than he actually is.

He'd be the type to go to an art museum, pretend he is really into it yet not have a clue.

I don't think he's utter shit as a manager, yet, he's never going to manage at a top-level. 

he's not what we need.

The trouble  is that in our current position with our recent history we are never going to get a top level manager. More one who will  e good  but develop as the club does.
    Agree, my point being, Jimmy boy will never develop!
  • Options
    I found that he was a lazy over paid has-been who was yet another example/epotimised of the kinda of idiotic, egotistical and half baked decisions that were made by Murray which are still effecting us to this day. 
    Thats why I'm not all that keen on him. 
  • Options
    Btw I'm not blaming JFH for our decline to where we are at now just that the appointment was just another example of the type of decisions that were made over that period of time. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

he's not what we need.

Aah, the Dunning-Kruger effect in operation. (Again.)
  • Options
    I must be in the minority in that I woudl actully not be to upset if he was our next manager. Knows the league has done fairly well at Burton both times and has played at the very top. 
    F*** him.
    You are in the minority roseandcrown
  • Options
    good
  • Options

he's not what we need.

Change the name and that could be my boss talking about me  ;)
  • Options
    Most managers are ex players. But how many good ones were strikers? Can't think of any off hand, especially in the UK
    Brian Clough
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Most managers are ex players. But how many good ones were strikers? Can't think of any off hand, especially in the UK
    Brian Clough
    Kenny Dalglish
  • Options
    Alex Ferguson
  • Options
    Eddie Firmani, Joe Royle, Don Revie (albeit said to be a 'false 9'), Ron Saunders
  • Options
    Keggy Keegle
  • Options
    Mark Robins, Nigel Clough, Neil Harris, Steve Cotterill and Ryan Lowe are all ex strikers carving out decent careers as managers in the EFL.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bailey said:
    I must be in the minority in that I woudl actully not be to upset if he was our next manager. Knows the league has done fairly well at Burton both times and has played at the very top. 
    F*** him.
    You are in the minority roseandcrown
    It's not surprising.