Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink - not in the running for manager says Cawley (summer 2022 p6)

Comments

• Options
    He just didn't work out as a signing, I don't think he downed tools though just wasn't very good. 

As a manager he hasn't done anything to suggest he'd be a good choice for us 
    Won this League with Burton, but could argue that he took over from Gary Rowett (replaced him in the November), so a bit like when Harford took over from Jones @ Luton, could argue that the structure was already in place.
  • Options
    Nasty feeling about this one, wanted to lump on as an 'insurance bet' yesterday but SkyBet didn't have a market. Couldn't be arsed to open another account. 

See he's 5/2 favourite with Bet Victor now.
  • Options
    I must be in the minority in that I woudl actully not be to upset if he was our next manager. Knows the league has done fairly well at Burton both times and has played at the very top. 
    He wouldn't be as bad as some mentioned (Steve Kean, Neil Lennon), but neither would it be a particularly exciting appointment.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    seth plum said:
    Chunes said:
    seth plum said:
    If not celebrating when scoring against his old club, and being paid to be useless makes him second to Taylor as a recipient of hatred then our fanbase has really gone mad.
    I get the feeling in Hasselbaink’s case people have got a kind of auto hatred without much of a reason why.

I can still picture him now, overweight, hands on hips having smashed another shot straight at the legs of the nearest defender, slowly walking his way back while play went on. He was a very exciting signing who never once put in any effort and looked like he'd rather be anywhere else.
    All that is likely to be true, but applies to others as well.
    It does apply to others as well. I'd have the same issue with someone like Chris Gunter becoming our manager. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    It wasn't just Chelsea. Same thing happened with Middlesbrough. That's right, the lazy fat lump scored just two goals for us and didn't celebrate either of them.

• Options
    40k a week I think we paid him?
  • Options
    Stig said:
    It wasn't just Chelsea. Same thing happened with Middlesbrough. That's right, the lazy fat lump scored just two goals for us and didn't celebrate either of them.

Bit of a shame he wasn't like Peter Crouch and had more ex clubs he could of played against for us. He probably would of ended up being the leagues top goal scorer and his signature goal celebration on FIFA would be hands up apologising to the opposition fans. 
  • Options
    Mute point now but would people have less respect for Johnnie Jackson if he had left at the end of his playing days at The Valley and scored against us when playing elsewhere and failed to celebrate? Football fans are sooooo precious at times.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mute point now but would people have less respect for Johnnie Jackson if he had left at the end of his playing days at The Valley and scored against us when playing elsewhere and failed to celebrate? Football fans are sooooo precious at times.

Most of our ex players who score against us seem to love it. Obviously we have thicker skin than Chelsea and Boro fans. 
  • Options
    I’d rather him than Kean or Warburton
  • Options
    Stig said:

So a bit better than Barry Endean who in 27 games for us scored 1, against Watford ,who we paid 20 k for and he didn't  celebrate  that much.

Hasselbaink did score 2 Cup goals against some lower league  team though. 
    Chesterfield away 3-3 draw (won on pens) 
  • Options
    To me JFH is the sort of manager an owner with little knowledge and limited foresight would appoint purely because he is a name and once player for Chelsea.  I would hope that TS has more sense.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    To me JFH is the sort of manager an owner with little knowledge and limited foresight would appoint purely because he is a name and once player for Chelsea.  I would hope that TS has more sense.

You saying that has reminded me Martin is a Chelsea fan. 
  • Options
    I Agree with this.

I got the impression from a JFH interview when JJ had just become caretaker that he thought he was strongly in the running.

• Options
    He has done a really good job at Burton, especially last season when they were basically down and out when he took over and he steered them well clear of safety.

And they have consolidated this season as well on what you would imagine is one of the lowest budgets in League One.

Not that it makes much difference to his management ability but he always speaks well whenever I see him as a pundit on Sky as well.

He wouldn't be my first choice but I'd be more than happy with JFH.
  • Options
    What is his tactical style? That above all will tell us if he's in the running. I recall Burton playing some decent football but that's about as much as I've got 
  • Options
    He knew how to get a tune out of Sean Clare in midfield, that's about all I know about his style really
  • Options
    He knew how to get a tune out of Sean Clare in midfield, that's about all I know about his style really
    Forgot about that link, although notice that JFH didnt work with Scott Fraser in his first spell
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Richard Crawley is in that surreal state where he doesn’t know what’s going on, but he does know what isn’t going on.
    He’s been in a training course with Donald Rumpsfeld. 
    “there are things we don’t know, that we don’t know”
  • Options

Most of our ex players who score against us seem to love it. Obviously we have thicker skin than Chelsea and Boro fans. 
    No, we just concede a lot more goals 😂