Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who do we want to sign for next season?

I would like to put Macheda down as a player I would like us to sign.

Not sure when his contract is up with Man Utd, but he has been there 6 years. (Joined at 16).

Been out on loan and has really only started scoring this year. 22 and over 6ft before you ask!

Comments

• 2nd that
  • There is already a thread on this but anyway ,
    Sam Baldock
    Billy Sharp
    Chris Burke
    Lua Lua but doubt it
    K agard
    Lingard
  • edited May 2014
    No on a serious note:

Defence - Maguire, Okuonghae
    Midfield - Tomlin, Freeman
    Striker - Macheda, Clayton

Also sign Astrit and Sordell on permanents and get Poyet on a long term deal.
  • dizzee said:

No on a serious note:

Defence - Maguire, Okuonghae
    Midfield - Tomlin, Freeman
    Striker - Macheda, Clayton

Also sign Astrit on a permanent and get Poyet on a long term deal.

Agreed
  • I don't think RD will suddenly lose his head and decide to start coughing up megabucks for players who are also going to be targets for a load of other Champ sides. So Baldock, Sharp etc will be off our radar I believe. I hope some of the unknown (in the UK) players we sign will turn out to be diamonds. I expect a roughish season but one which sees us midtable possibly challenging for playoffs due to cunning managerial strategies rather than individual playing brilliance.
  • I don't think RD will suddenly lose his head and decide to start coughing up megabucks for players who are also going to be targets for a load of other Champ sides. So Baldock, Sharp etc will be off our radar I believe. I hope some of the unknown (in the UK) players we sign will turn out to be diamonds. I expect a roughish season but one which sees us midtable possibly challenging for playoffs due to cunning managerial strategies rather than individual playing brilliance.

I think it will be a mixture to be honest so yeah we will be buying some champ players ect.
  • Yann897 said:

I don't think RD will suddenly lose his head and decide to start coughing up megabucks for players who are also going to be targets for a load of other Champ sides. So Baldock, Sharp etc will be off our radar I believe. I hope some of the unknown (in the UK) players we sign will turn out to be diamonds. I expect a roughish season but one which sees us midtable possibly challenging for playoffs due to cunning managerial strategies rather than individual playing brilliance.

I think it will be a mixture to be honest so yeah we will be buying some champ players ect.
    I really hope you are right. Just trying to manage expectations as I don't want to feel the way I did at the beginning of last summer having wasted too many hours chasing rumours threads. It's always the hope that gets you.
  • If Leicester have no further use for David Nugent I'd love to see him join.
  • Sponsored links:

Yann897 said:

I don't think RD will suddenly lose his head and decide to start coughing up megabucks for players who are also going to be targets for a load of other Champ sides. So Baldock, Sharp etc will be off our radar I believe. I hope some of the unknown (in the UK) players we sign will turn out to be diamonds. I expect a roughish season but one which sees us midtable possibly challenging for playoffs due to cunning managerial strategies rather than individual playing brilliance.

I really hope you are right. Just trying to manage expectations as I don't want to feel the way I did at the beginning of last summer having wasted too many hours chasing rumours threads. It's always the hope that gets you.
    Haha I know the feeling and I do remember thinking we would push on last year but I think we will this year like rd said the liege loans were just a stop gap because he took over the club in jan , so I expect 1 or 2 from the network and the rest from elsewhere .
  • edited May 2014
    If we're going crazy: Darren Bent Bent Bent.
  • If we're going crazy: Darren Bent Bent Bent.

I'm not so sure, he's not the person nor the player we had back in the Prem
  • Stephen Gleeson or Stephen Quinn (If he's not playing for Hull City much) for the creative attacking midfielder
    Harry McGuire would be a brilliant Centre Back pairing alongside either Morrison or Dervite (with Lennon as fourth choice)
  • Maguire, brayford, macheda, gleeson, quinn, calum wilson, stevie may, max gradel, chris wood, lloyd dyer.
  • Dannny wilson from hearts would be a great signing
  • Martyn Waghorn, Glenn Murray, Sam Baldock, Freeman, Astrid- sign him up. What about Jamie o hara, when fit, good player......
  • Billy Sharp, Ishmael Miller, Chris O'Grady, Dani Pacheco.
  • Maguire, Baldock, Wood, Christiensen on loan from Chelsea, De Sart from SL, Myaichi from Arsenal and a new GK as extra cover
  • Sponsored links:

• Wouldn't mind going through Orient, that Moses Odubajo and Cox look like they could fit in here.
  • I hear Bournemouth have got a promising forward called Yann Kermorgant.

Seriously, all sides should swallow their pride and we should try and resign him.

And before someone says it, I don't want to move on.

I'm sure your comment is very much tongue in cheek but signing a 32 year old just ain't gonna happen.

• Maguire has attracted interest from the premier league but turned them down to stay at sheffield utd

Seriously, all sides should swallow their pride and we should try and resign him.

According to reports in todays press Bournemouth made a loss of £15 million and need to sell several players including Grabban.

According to reports in todays press Bournemouth made a loss of £15 million and need to sell several players including Grabban.

They will be praying Lallana gets a big money move from the Saints.

Doubt it's going to happen. So not really worth even suggesting it, especially considering its been done to death now.

Roland should put a bid in!
  • There's already a thread for this.