Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Evening Sub Standard

7 pages of sport

1/2 page report on Sheff U v Brentford

Zero mention of us after last night.

Strange, strange paper

Comments

• yet had Stoke played Hull in the Prem last night they'd have found space to mention it
  • @EveningStandard on twitter if we all bombard them?

Awful 'newspaper'...
  • @EveningStandard on twitter if we all bombard them?

Awful 'newspaper'...

Probably better to direct it at this account: https://twitter.com/standardsport

Much more active.
  • Apparently a paper that represents the average Londoner.......So their property listings start at around £1.2m.

Wouldn't even wipe my arse with it
  • Always has been, Chris who anyone?
  • Apparently a paper that represents the average Londoner.......So their property listings start at around £1.2m.

Wouldn't even wipe my arse with it

I've tried, it bloody hurt
  • worthy of Announcement status? nothing new here
  • The Metro is even worse for mentions of London football clubs.
  • kafka said:

worthy of Announcement status? nothing new here

Not sure what happened there!
  • even free its to much
  • Sponsored links:

• 7 pages of sport

Strange, strange paper

Soft, strong, and thoroughly absorbent.
  • ...1/2 page report on Sheff U v Brentford...

At the point I stopped reading that report through sheer boredom, they hadn't mentioned anything other than one refereeing decision.
  • Are Brentford north of the river ? If so that would explain it.
  • Don't normally pick one up but thought I might aswell after yesterday was surprised too when it was all about sheff u v brentford. Proper shite paper won't be walking 5 seconds out my way to pick one up again.
  • Just posted what I thought on their Facebook page as I am not on Twitter. Disgusting really. Got half a page of bollocks on Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Wednesdays are the worst day because they pad it out with endless property listings, just to make you feel better about the fact a house in London is all but a dream for a few. Let's get more daily articles about Arsenal though, even though they've been shit for 10 years now....
  • Paul Benson used to have a weekly column in the rag.
  • The Standard is an appalling local rag. This is brought even more starkly into focus by the fact that it serves the greatest city in the world.
  • Paul Benson used to have a weekly column in the rag.

Ha - I'd forgotten about that. He was equally as poor as a columnist as he was forward.

They might give one to Simon Church.
  • Sponsored links:

• Never pick it up, it's a waste of paper
  • cabbles said:

Paul Benson used to have a weekly column in the rag.

Ha - I'd forgotten about that. He was equally as poor as a columnist as he was forward.

They might give one to Simon Church.
    He would only miss the deadline...
  • 7 pages of sport

Shit, shit paper

• Am surprised people still pick up this crap. The only thing it is doing is giving the train cleaners a lot more junk to fill the bins with.
  • I used to love reading it when I did the daily commute - but that was 30 years ago. Things have obviously changed since its become free but still like to read it when I occasionally take a trip into the City. I did notice last week that its about half the size (ie less pages) than it was and not much actual "news" compared to 25-30 yrs ago.
  • Rubbish paper which never gives us any mention on the occasions I see it even if we have a game on or have played the previous night. Thankfully I don't get to see it so much these days
  • The Metro is even worse for mentions of London football clubs.

Has the same sport pages in all the different editions around the country.
  • Pile of shite paper. Stopped bothering with it. Been long fed up of them dedicating pages to premier league coverage of teams nowhere near London even when none of them are playing following a full footy league schedule of matches involving a shite ton of actual London teams.

The fact they used to bold the london clubs in the tables was the last straw.
  • Everyone is interested in the PL. They are giving what the public want. If we were PL we wouldn't give a shit about the lower leagues either.
  • The Standard is an appalling local rag. This is brought even more starkly into focus by the fact that it serves the greatest city in the world.

New York?