Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2018
    On a CX train and m it’s only slightly less colder than outside on the poxy train
  • Options
    The first train done the Sidcup line still hasn’t left btw as the train is stuck at Crayford with a fault
  • Options

Having a nice morning @1StevieG ???

Nothing like a good moan up in the morning on CL to make one feel better....
  • Options
    My dad persuaded me I should try and go in today as I've been working from home all week. Awful decision. Barely got anywhere trains shortened and packed. Massively delayed. Not moving. Oh and it's snowing so I know I'm gonna have massive issues getting home tonight...

Why did I listen to him....
  • Options
    I'm on Sidcup line from dartford - it is packed and stopping at all stations (apart from Albany park for some reason) - strong possibility of an argument breaking out with people who want to get on, but no more room on the train

Shambolic is an understatement - they didn't even make the train max carriage length
  • Options
    didn't even try this morning, jumped on a bus into Woolwich and then the DLR into bank
  • Options

My dad persuaded me I should try and go in today as I've been working from home all week. Awful decision. Barely got anywhere trains shortened and packed. Massively delayed. Not moving. Oh and it's snowing so I know I'm gonna have massive issues getting home tonight...

Unless your dad is also your boss and was threatening to deduct your salary you should've politely told him to fuck off.
    Yep really should have. The thing is we haven't had any snow in Chatham since early yesterday morning and aren't due any until overnight tonight so it should be running okay... It's not though.
  • Options

didn't even try this morning, jumped on a bus into Woolwich and then the DLR into bank

Same here, well to North Greenwich instead. Anytime there is adverse weather conditions like this I don't even bother going down to the station to even have a cursory glance if anything is running.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Unless your dad is also your boss and was threatening to deduct your salary you should've politely told him to fuck off.
    Yep really should have. The thing is we haven't had any snow in Chatham since early yesterday morning and aren't due any until overnight tonight so it should be running okay... It's not though.
    Thought you werr in Canterbury, you could walk in from Chatham
  • Options

It's smashing it down with snow currently in Chatham mate. I'm getting cabin fever so much I'm going to do some jobs today on foot as I'm off next week ppfpppffffft yeah righto!

I did go out first thing in the van and whilst my estate is horrible the main roads are ok, although what they will be like after this blizzard I dread to think

• Options
    Carter said:

It's smashing it down with snow currently in Chatham mate. I'm getting cabin fever so much I'm going to do some jobs today on foot as I'm off next week ppfpppffffft yeah righto!

I did go out first thing in the van and whilst my estate is horrible the main roads are ok, although what they will be like after this blizzard I dread to think

Bloody ell. Don't say that. I want to be able to get home... this was such a stupid idea...
  • Options
    edited March 2018

• Options

Carter said:

Bloody ell. Don't say that. I want to be able to get home... this was such a stupid idea...
    You can come stay at mine if you get stuck Canters. I'll let you 'work from home' tomorrow, dont you worry about that.
  • Options
    A momentous day for me yesterday. After working in the same company for 12 years, yesterday was the day I was finally granted WFH priviledges.

So was all set to WFH for the rest of the week but the wife persuaded me to drive in with her this morning. As it happens, it was right decision as we done Petts Wood to Canary Wharf in 35 mins.

Noticed there were no PW trains to Cannon Street at all this morning. Is it closed?
  • Options
    Any trains running through Plumstead ? . Southeastern web site is showing trains are running on time ( yeah right ) , but my Phone App is showing as everything is cancelled .
  • Options
    got to barnehurst for 6.25am train came in at 6.39am got to charing cross at 7.30am, anyone who was on this service will know how apologetic the driver was.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    have confirmed that the restricted timetable as done today will be in place for tomorrow and Saturday.
  • Options

have confirmed that the restricted timetable as done today will be in place for tomorrow and Saturday.

So Southeastern will be offering an already restricted restricted timetable on Saturday?
  • Options
    How were they getting home? Am I going to be able to get on one mid afternoon from London Bridge?

Going to have to suffer it tomorrow
  • Options
    Jumped on the 16:59 from Waterloo East, was quiet, easily got a seat. Ran straight through to Eltham as well - better service than normal.

• Options
    Train home is fairly empty. Running about 5 mins late but that's pretty normal...
  • Options

Train home is fairly empty. Running about 5 mins late but that's pretty normal...

What happened to everyone crammed into them this morning??