Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options

Make sure you all get your delay repay claims in. I sent off 5 the other day. Another couple going now.

You've not been in all week
  • Options
    Cannon
    Curb_It said:

I have to say bar one iffy morning the DLR has been a dream this week. It really is worth getting it to Woolwich and jumping on a bus tonight. The buses are empty and I’ve walked straight on to one these last few nights. The 51 from Woolwich goes all the way to Orpington via Sidcup etc. 161 to Chiselhurst. Plenty buses to Eltham. Main roads are good.

So if you get stuck think on that one.

Also the 422 to Bexleyheath. That has been my mode of transport this week and it has been a breeze.
  • Options
    Wife opted to catch a train to Chislehurst instead of the DLR and I said that I would pick her up from there. The train has been stuck just after London Bridge for the last half an hour with two reasons given - the 12 carriage train in front is stuck because it can't get up the hill at Lewisham and also someone, unfortunately, has had a fit on her train. Quite how they get that person off if it's not moving I really don't know.
  • Options
    Bad move, should have done the DLR mate
  • Options
    Reading the tweets it sounds like a train has been stuck just outside lewisham station for an hour, without any information, and a passengers just had enough, opened the door using the emergency alarm and walked up the side of the track to the station. Other people are saying the train behind that is so busy and hot, someone’s had a fit.
  • Options
    That is my wife's train - the driver has just been through the carriages to close the doors so that's a 3rd reason why they're not moving!
  • Options
    I'm on the train that is stuck trying to get up the hill from Lewisham to blackheath - apparently it's clear to go now but because somebody has jumped off we can't move coz they can't re power up the tracks at the moment
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Drove down to North Greenwich and suffered the cost.
    Can that be claimed off my SE ticket?
    Done this both Thursday and Friday
    What can I claim?
    For the record, I am very dishonest in regards to this company.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Make sure you all get your delay repay claims in. I sent off 5 the other day. Another couple going now.

I believe that because they announced a special reduced timetable you can only claim on those cancellations or delays and not because your 'normal' timetabled service didnt run.
    Yes but even their reduced timetable has cancellations and delays. Can claim on any of those.
  • Options

Fucking arseholes. They’re going on like it’s Armaggedon.

Just run some train you wankers.
    I guess they want to warn as many people off travelling as possibly, but I do agree the wording is poor. Makes it sound if you decide to travel by south eastern you could possibly die................... Oh wait.

You could but the death would be from old age whilst waiting to get anywhere.....
  • Options
    Bexleyheath line was a little slow earlier this afternoon I got a train at 15:15 (presume the delayed 14:58) due to not getting enough power from the 3rd rail was fast from Barnehurst to Lewisham (Sorted) trouble is that too an hour and half to get to lewisham, then another 30 mins to charing cross but managed to get to work tonight. Hopefully going home in the morning will be better
  • Options
    clb74 said:

I have been in for one and a half days.

Delay repay is also allowed to be used for journeys you would have made but we're unable to make due to delays/cancellations. I am well within my consumer rights to claim for days when I chose to work from home because I knew the disruption would be awful.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

I'm on the train that is stuck trying to get up the hill from Lewisham to blackheath - apparently it's clear to go now but because somebody has jumped off we can't move coz they can't re power up the tracks at the moment

Told that eight people have now jumped on the track and they are now evacuating the train!
  • Options

clb74 said:

I have been in for one and a half days.

Delay repay is also allowed to be used for journeys you would have made but we're unable to make due to delays/cancellations. I am well within my consumer rights to claim for days when I chose to work from home because I knew the disruption would be awful.
    Thats very helpful infomation
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

Told that eight people have now jumped on the track and they are now evacuating the train!
    Absolute chaos as people are still jumping off the train and SE won't turn the power back on 'til they stop doing so!
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

Absolute chaos as people are still jumping off the train and SE won't turn the power back on 'til they stop doing so!
    Just close the doors and turn the power back on, taking them all out!!... Walking on the tracks (unless told by the driver) is just stupid and selfish
  • Options
    It's been hilarious tonight. Honestly keep expecting Jeremy Beadle to jump out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bricktop has taken over the South Useless Twitter feed tonight
  • Options
    That's where my train earlier struggled but the driver pushed on and made it after a couple of slides backwards
  • Options

She's now been on that train for over three hours and the rumour now is that if and when they turn the power on again they will be reversing back to London Bridge - and closing the line down!
  • Options

She's now been on that train for over three hours and the rumour now is that if and when they turn the power on again they will be reversing back to London Bridge - and closing the line down!
    I feel for her mate, what a nightmare. I’ve a mate also on that train, or another stuck around there as he’s been on that for over three hours. It’s scandalous. as said earlier, if they have doubts they can’t complete journeys they should not be running trains. And they shouldn’t run any trains in dodgy conditions without accessible toilets. The train had been stationary for well over an hour before the person opened the doors apparently
  • Options
    Good luck @DOUCHER
  • Options

Good luck @DOUCHER

Don’t worry about him, he’ll have seen this coming and brought his hand-warmers, sandwiches and his she-wee with him....
  • Options
    The wife's train now has power but she thinks this train is in front of hers............

** UPDATE ** If you're on the 17:10 Charing Cross to Tunbridge Wells - we're going to bring another train alongside yours and move you to that one as your train has issues powering back up. PLEASE STAY ON THE TRAIN - if you don't, this will prevent us from rescuing you