Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Game Of Thrones

Comments

• It made me laugh when Ser Alliser tried to get his men to take on the Wildlings and only one of them gives it a go. It reminded me of our pitch invasion.

Would that Wildling pass the CL height test?
  • re. Bran and the tree people - my guess is he's going to learn stuff about Jon Snow through those time travel bits, cos there aren't many people left who can tell him about his parentage. In fact Bran could be about to find out the pressing need to save the world and need to bring Danny and Jon together to do it.
  • That episode reminded me why I love this show.
  • tonights episode is a real corker.

Brilliant episode!

• But yes, your theory has been running around as long as the first book has come out. It's repeatedly signposted, both in the book and the show.

I've been rewatching GoT from the start this week. Still only on season 1 but there have already been 2 or 3 pointers towards this being the case. They obviously went straight over my head first time around, but knowing what I now know, both in terms of this theory and what happens in later seasons, they stick out like a sore thumb.

Thought this week's episode was great. Do we know what that thing in the gold armour following Cersai around is yet? I assume it's the reanimated corpse of the Mountain but has that actually been confirmed in the show yet?

• But yes, your theory has been running around as long as the first book has come out. It's repeatedly signposted, both in the book and the show.

I've been rewatching GoT from the start this week. Still only on season 1 but there have already been 2 or 3 pointers towards this being the case. They obviously went straight over my head first time around, but knowing what I now know, both in terms of this theory and what happens in later seasons, they stick out like a sore thumb.

Thought this week's episode was great. Do we know what that thing in the gold armour following Cersai around is yet? I assume it's the reanimated corpse of the Mountain but has that actually been confirmed in the show yet?

yeah it's the reanimated corpse of the mountain, he's pretty prominent in this episode for, what is an obvious foreshadowing to later...
  • I'm sure this is the 100th time I've posted this video but just for anyone who's interested in the Jon Snow/Stark/Targ "theory":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHqzFwodZqQ
  • Great episode
  • Still knows nothing
  • Sponsored links:

• Though greatly executed every scene tonight was quite predictable except Davos begging Melisandre to give magic another go.
  • For once the episode finale was quite predictable but still excellent... plenty of other twists and plot development elsewhere. Back on form after last week's slowish start.
  • edited May 2016
    Dazzler21 said:

Though greatly executed every scene tonight was quite predictable except Davos begging Melisandre to give magic another go.

Which was exactly what I predicted!
    JiMMy 85 said:

There's a few theories on what happens to Jon. There's an awesome video about it below:

http://youtu.be/6Ev0lsbL6PM

Lots of other theories are explained on that YouTube channel as well if you're really into your GOT/ASOIAF.

It's certain they'll bring him back, no way HBO would've sanctioned the shit tonne of vfx budget on the episode Hardhome if Jon snow vs the night King will be a major element of the story later on. I'm just interested in how they'll do it more than anything. I'd be disappointed if it's just a pure "melisandra waves her hands and he comes back". There's got to be something dark and not quite right, maybe Jon sees ygritte and "the cave" in whatever their version of the after life is and wants to go back there, but is torn between saving the living and rejoining the dead.
    My guess is, Melisandre has lost faith, will need convincing to, and will eventually say the words Thoros said to Beric, and raise Jon Snow from the dead. Like Beric, he will be scarred, and will possibly lose some of his memory and be somewhat tainted by the experience, but will largely be himself!
  • edited May 2016
    X
  • I have to admit I had the biggest grin on my face when those Wildlings came through the gates of Castle Black. Here's hoping Ser Alliser is the next named character death.
  • For once there's actually some heart warming reaction videos out there for a game of thrones episode. On my phone but there's one in a bar where people go to see it and everyone cheers and is all smiles at the end.
  • It's going well so far, lots of positive moments already. The previous series went so far in the direction of misery and good characters losing that the pendulum eventually has to swing the other way, and we've already had Brienne saving Sansa, the Wildlings bursting in and Jon coming back to life. Sure, we've still had a newborn and its mother killed by dogs but it's nice to actually have some enjoyable moments in the show again. It became such a drudge last series.

Bit disappointed with Roose dying. I always saw him as the true psychopath; capable of doing everything Ramsay does but intelligent enough to hide his true nature from the wider world, and I thought he would eventually end up disposing of Ramsay when he became inconvenient. Still, without Roose to reign him in I imagine Ramsay will go insane now, which is always entertaining.
  • **SPOILER**

Had hoped Patrick Malahide would have stuck about a bit longer too
  • Sponsored links:

• The Hound must live
  • I don't think it's entirely the Hound. Just bits of him.
  • The scene with Ramsey and the dogs was a bit OTT.
  • Chunes said:

The scene with Ramsey and the dogs was a bit OTT.

And other stuff like stabbing a pregnant woman's bump, slitting a woman's throat, gouging some ones eyes so hard their skull pops wasn't?

If you can't deal with stuff happening off camera instead then I'd say game of thrones is definitely not for you, there will be far more graphic things to come
  • Can't wait to see The Mountain get let loose. Will be carnage.
  • johnny73 said:

I don't think it's entirely the Hound. Just bits of him.

Do you mean the mountain ? We haven't seen the hound for a couple of series now (but he'll be back I'm sure)
  • In the books someone is mentioned running around with the hounds helmet on but that's it. Generally if a character does not have their head cut off they are not dead
  • edited May 2016
    The Hound's description matches a gentleman working as a gravedigger also...

Hidden scarred face, bigger than Brienne, a limp etc... or is that Sandor Clegane having been reborn following the hound's death?
  • edited May 2016
    Carter said:

Generally if a character does not have their head cut off they are not dead

That is not really a precedent. Apart from the two exceptions (Jon Snow and Beric Dondarrion) and excluding those who were seen getting killed but were not actually harmed due to magic (Jaqen and Pyat Pree), most named characters who have died on and off screen have and will stay dead, and only a tiny minority of those have had their head cut clean off (Ned Stark and the Karstark chap are the only two I can think of off the top of my head). The Hound is perhaps an exception due to foreshadowing by the producers and cast since his off-screen 'death'. I personally think the Hound will come back but only because of this foreshadowing, not because there is a precedent for off-screen deaths to be reversed.
  • Rob was beheaded and his wolf's head sewn on it's place btw...